5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Are all honda owners like this???!??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000, 05:23 PM

WOW, i hope not or god help us all....
http://superhonda.org/board/showthre...threadid=44618
Honda should put a stop to that board cuz it makes people like me not want to drive a honda for fear of being one of them...
Thanks god our board is civilized..

Adam
Old 11-16-2000, 05:34 PM
Got Bent?

Those guys can get a bit worked up. This board is by far, much more mature and civilized.
Old 11-16-2000, 05:35 PM

The truth hurts and i havent anything about a beefed up maxima has anyone else besides the new AE
Old 11-16-2000, 06:02 PM

U guys JUST found that out???

I got a RIDDLE for ALL of U guys!!!!!!

"Whats the Difference Between a HONDA driver and a CATCUS???????????"

For the CACTUS ... the "*****" is on the OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!

I'm SERIOUS ... ALL honda drivers (yes even my Closest Buddies) think they have a: 900 Horse, Rear Engine, AWD, 6 Piston Braked, Dual Twin Exhaust, 5.0Litre V8 if not V12 car that can do 0-60 in 2.2 Seconds, and can pull lateral G's of 3.8747477394343!!! :

Just THINK guys ... ALL the Honda Drivers' U've COME across in the PAST ... who didn't think their HONDA was a PORCHE? or PORCHE Killer????

Most of em don't signal when they turn, Drive Fast on ALL Streets, Cut people off without a thought, and don't look when they turn or back up!!!

Even the OLD guys ... who drive the Oddecy(Don't know how to spell, ) think they got a Sports car!!

VTEC/HONDA

Just my .02!!!

[Edited by Empz on 11-16-2000 at 08:04 PM]
Old 11-16-2000, 06:30 PM

Empz

I like that "*****" joke. Yeah its true about the way they drive. They think they are invincible or something. One time some riceboys in an Accord didn't stop a 4-way stop. I had the right of way and then all of sudden that Accord came by really fast and it could have taken me and the Max broadside. The really duumb part was that they looked at me as if it was my fault. Dumb ******.
Old 11-16-2000, 06:47 PM

Oh yeah I forgot to add something

I was the only one who drove a Nissan when I was in high school. My other friends drive Hondas, Toyotas, and Mitsubishis. All of them never picked on me or anything for being different except for this one kid. He's always giving me dirty looks and saying "Honda is the best yo." He's always carrying around a sheet of paper with Chinese letters on it and always tried to pick letters that are going to be on his Accord. I think he's too narrow-minded like most Honda owners. Not all but most.
Old 11-16-2000, 07:39 PM

LOL!! I've been reading that post for a few day now, a freind of mine who uses that board told me about it. Last I read it was at 5 pages now it's at 7!!! I couldn't deal with their incoherent babbling so I stopped reading it. Unfortunately many of the Honda forums are like that, there are some good guys floating around on them but there are just so many idiot's to drown them out. I'm so glad we're not like that here, lets all agree not to let Max.org get that way!
Old 11-16-2000, 07:42 PM

Originally posted by sprung
I'm so glad we're not like that here, lets all agree not to let Max.org get that way!
I second that!
Old 11-16-2000, 08:14 PM

I have a honda and so does shingles...

I for one don't think i have a porsche killer or a high hp honda. I do have a car capable of beating a less than proficient porsche driver. My honda can handle 1.18 lateral G's on street tires (with a ghetto-techer).

Point is, most hondas are not even close to being on the same level as the maxima. My crx handles. My maxima...well, it's a great daily driver....but a far cry from the nimble handler that the crx is. The maxima out-accelerates the crx, but, the crx will hand the maxima it's *** in the turns. I don't believe in stickers and i hate the typical honda mind-set. But, to say that ALL honda owners are like this...well. That's just narrow-minded. =)
Old 11-16-2000, 09:10 PM
The missing moderator

I don't think that most honda owners are ******. most honda owners are mom and pop drivers. And most honda import fans arn't ****** either... some are. I'd like to remind you that there is more knowledge in the Civic aftermarket than in Maxima. http://www.theoldone.com has more knowledge on there than another other site I've visited.

Ask Solo 2, crx forum does not put up with bull****. All rice are immediately fried. If you think this forum is mature... it used to be... look around, it's going down hills. Unfortunately since the 4th gens are very inexpensive these days, we have a lot more morons on this forum.

But I do hate a the way some people give Hondas a bad name.

-Shing

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
I have a honda and so does shingles...

I for one don't think i have a porsche killer or a high hp honda. I do have a car capable of beating a less than proficient porsche driver. My honda can handle 1.18 lateral G's on street tires (with a ghetto-techer).

Point is, most hondas are not even close to being on the same level as the maxima. My crx handles. My maxima...well, it's a great daily driver....but a far cry from the nimble handler that the crx is. The maxima out-accelerates the crx, but, the crx will hand the maxima it's *** in the turns. I don't believe in stickers and i hate the typical honda mind-set. But, to say that ALL honda owners are like this...well. That's just narrow-minded. =)
Old 11-16-2000, 09:55 PM
CLIMAX

Gotta give them credit

At least most of the Honda guys had the sence to admit that the Maxima was a hell of alot better car then their Hondas.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

I read about 1/2 of that thread. I know I was bored. For one, the main topic was Maxima verus Accord, so I don't know how a crx gets into this. After awhile it turns into Nissan vs Honda, which is totally absurd. The guys in thread are missing so many basic fundamental points it's not even funny. And these are the 'smarter' guys arguing. The turbo vs supercharger thing is pathetic(at least 1/2 through the thread it is). They go off in so many directions, it's just a ball breaking session over there. No contructive conversation at all. Dumb really

Now I have a 92se 5-sp modded. My wife has a 94 Accord lx automatic. You could compare reliablity and fit/finish but in no way could you compare speed. No contest the max is on top on that one. But handling? The lx actually handles pretty well. Nice and firm. Doesn't wallow around like my stock maxima did.

For smaller cars, I had a 70 Datsun 510 w/ f/r swaybars, S-T springs, 810 front shocks/brakes, rear Konis and the 69' front x-member. W/ 185-60-14 on 14" maxima rims, this little car could literally scare people in the turns. No contest, the 510 was hands down better than the maxima or the accord. Not suprising since this car only weighed 2400 lbs.

Old 11-16-2000, 11:48 PM
Wiremaxless

they write way too much on that forum.....

it's all the same thing over and over again......kinda repetitive....IMO...

Old 11-17-2000, 12:12 AM

Re: they write way too much on that forum.....

Originally posted by Wiremaxless
it's all the same thing over and over again......kinda repetitive....IMO...

GUY ... what happened to your car???? OUCH!!!
Old 11-17-2000, 12:26 AM
Wiremaxless

my sis wrecked it....

other guys fault

Old 11-17-2000, 05:01 AM
Banned

> Thanks god our board is civilized..

"pardon me, you wouldn't happen to have any grey poupon?"
Old 11-17-2000, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

naw but I got some mustard if you want that

hehehe, lol
Old 11-17-2000, 10:49 AM

Re: my sis wrecked it....

Originally posted by Wiremaxless
other guys fault

Is your sis OK???

That really looks BAAAAAAAD!!!
Old 11-17-2000, 12:06 PM

Man those guys are not talking facts at all, Aside from the fronteer, tell me 1 car that Nissan has in production in the US right now thats turbo OR S/Cd? Just can't handle the truth if U ask me. Power to Power = NISSAN, Handleing Some Hondas are better (AND THATS SADANS AND IN PRODUCTION NOW)
Old 11-17-2000, 12:22 PM

"THE S2000 WILL WAX THE MAXIMAS ***."

On the track, maybe. On the street, only if the S2000 driver drops the clutch at redline
Old 11-17-2000, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by PIONEER
Man those guys are not talking facts at all, Aside from the fronteer, tell me 1 car that Nissan has in production in the US right now thats turbo OR S/Cd? Just can't handle the truth if U ask me. Power to Power = NISSAN, Handleing Some Hondas are better (AND THATS SADANS AND IN PRODUCTION NOW)
If we just start talking about only the US market and how Nissan beat Honda power to power. Those Honda guys will immediately turn around and say its a bunch of BS and then start talking about international markets again and how Nissan uses some kind of forced induction in order to beat their innovative 4-bangers.
Old 11-17-2000, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by La Jolla Max
"THE S2000 WILL WAX THE MAXIMAS ***."
Last Time I checked the S2000 Wasnot a "SADAN"