5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

00 front end hit in accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2002, 10:11 PM

Damn I know my insurance ain't gonna cover this. A car made a left turn over the lane I was in. he cut off two cars infront me. First car hit breaks and missed the car, the car infront of me hit breaks and stop and I didn't. I hit a 00 Mustang with my 00 GLE. Augh. My bumper scratched up and license is taken clean off. lights work no damage that I can see.

WHat can replace my bumper with? If I gotta buy a new one, I might as well see if I can get a better one. Is the AE any different?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:23 AM

Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Originally posted by starstreak
Damn I know my insurance ain't gonna cover this. A car made a left turn over the lane I was in. he cut off two cars infront me. First car hit breaks and missed the car, the car infront of me hit breaks and stop and I didn't. I hit a 00 Mustang with my 00 GLE. Augh. My bumper scratched up and license is taken clean off. lights work no damage that I can see.

WHat can replace my bumper with? If I gotta buy a new one, I might as well see if I can get a better one. Is the AE any different?
Any police report filed or did you get the license plate number of the car that turned left? Cause with a report, insurance should cover. The AE kit is not a bumper replacement, just a skirt that goes along the bottom edge of the car so you would still need another bumper to replace the one that got damaged. If you want to see pics of the AE kit front, then go to my webpage. The link is to the left. BTW, what city do you live in? You should think about coming out to the meets when we have them in the summer.
Old 02-22-2002, 01:28 AM

Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Originally posted by Maximum Velocity

Any police report filed or did you get the license plate number of the car that turned left? Cause with a report, insurance should cover. The AE kit is not a bumper replacement, just a skirt that goes along the bottom edge of the car so you would still need another bumper to replace the one that got damaged. If you want to see pics of the AE kit front, then go to my webpage. The link is to the left. BTW, what city do you live in? You should think about coming out to the meets when we have them in the summer.
Nope. The guy infront of me was the only guy who waited around the 45min for the police to show up. He saw the Accord cut infront of the car infront of his to make a left turn. He said he's willing to agree with me that another car caused the whole thing, but he didn't get a license either since he was behind the car that was facing the Accord.

Oh well. Have to call insurance tomorrow to see what they say. Hey you actually did the 02 light mod on you 00 car? How much was the assembly? Since I aftermarked my HIDs into the stock location, I never got around in getting the stock 02 lights.
Old 02-22-2002, 10:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Nope. The guy infront of me was the only guy who waited around the 45min for the police to show up. He saw the Accord cut infront of the car infront of his to make a left turn. He said he's willing to agree with me that another car caused the whole thing, but he didn't get a license either since he was behind the car that was facing the Accord.

Oh well. Have to call insurance tomorrow to see what they say. Hey you actually did the 02 light mod on you 00 car? How much was the assembly? Since I aftermarked my HIDs into the stock location, I never got around in getting the stock 02 lights.
Aw man, that sucks about the police taking forever to show up. Da police is so lazy eh. But yeah I did do the 02 HID mod. Everything including the lights, harness, clips and relays cost me about 460. It took so long to solder though. Do you live on O`ahu?
Old 02-22-2002, 11:52 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Aw man, that sucks about the police taking forever to show up. Da police is so lazy eh. But yeah I did do the 02 HID mod. Everything including the lights, harness, clips and relays cost me about 460. It took so long to solder though. Do you live on O`ahu?
$460!! Where'd you get them for that cheap?
Old 02-22-2002, 12:53 PM

HID pricing

Originally posted by max34

$460!! Where'd you get them for that cheap?
From Dave B. But this was way back when there was an error in pricing, so I got them at the cheaper price. I see you're in Largo, i go to school in MIA.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Yeah Wahiawa. Good pricing. I got my HID a few months before that 02 came out so I didn't want to spend another $460 again unless I really had to. Hey, did you buy the AE lighthousing before you got the 02 HID? I may need new housing for my lights because I think one side broke now that I checked better. Depending on the pricing I maybe willing to take them off your hands.

That had to be one of the longest times I waited for a police guy to show up. I'll give him a break. All the time we were waiting I didn't see one cop drive by in Wahiawa, they must've been doing something. And worked docked my 45min for being late too. Sheesh.
Old 02-22-2002, 03:23 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Yeah Wahiawa. Good pricing. I got my HID a few months before that 02 came out so I didn't want to spend another $460 again unless I really had to. Hey, did you buy the AE lighthousing before you got the 02 HID? I may need new housing for my lights because I think one side broke now that I checked better. Depending on the pricing I maybe willing to take them off your hands.

That had to be one of the longest times I waited for a police guy to show up. I'll give him a break. All the time we were waiting I didn't see one cop drive by in Wahiawa, they must've been doing something. And worked docked my 45min for being late too. Sheesh.
No, I didn't buy the AE light housings...you want the bronze ones right? I just have the chrome/clear stock housings. Wahiawa, that's kewl, the opposite side of the island from me, but we usually get together at Kakaako Waterfront for meets and stuff. You should really come out one of these days. I really like the difference in intensity that the HIDs had over the stock bulbs. I think that even aferrmarket bulbs wouldn't have made the difference that HIDs did. As for safety check, I have to get mine in June and I had to get my highs hooked up when I was home for winter break so that I can get my safety check. Cause as you know, with the HIDs they're so right that you don't even need highs. Also sucks that you can't get those 45 min back from work. What other mods have you done to your car? I know you have a GLE too, and it's not the SE, but I'm trying to make it look more sporty. Well keep in touch!
Old 02-23-2002, 03:48 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

No, I didn't buy the AE light housings...you want the bronze ones right? I just have the chrome/clear stock housings. Wahiawa, that's kewl, the opposite side of the island from me, but we usually get together at Kakaako Waterfront for meets and stuff. You should really come out one of these days. I really like the difference in intensity that the HIDs had over the stock bulbs. I think that even aferrmarket bulbs wouldn't have made the difference that HIDs did. As for safety check, I have to get mine in June and I had to get my highs hooked up when I was home for winter break so that I can get my safety check. Cause as you know, with the HIDs they're so right that you don't even need highs. Also sucks that you can't get those 45 min back from work. What other mods have you done to your car? I know you have a GLE too, and it's not the SE, but I'm trying to make it look more sporty. Well keep in touch!
I figure if the light housing is busted, I'm hoping they can get me the bronze as replacements. Yeah, nothing beats true HID. Only thing is all the "kids" in their Hondas think "Oh nice blue bulbs, how much?" and when you tell them its xenon lights, they are like "and...?" And have no clue on what they are trying to copy with the white/blue bulbs.
Same here, but I found someone to do my saftey check about three weeks before this accident and didn't ask me to turn on my high lights, which is good as I have none. Who really needs them? HID are bright enough and it doesn't help here in Hawaii where we hardly have that heavy of a down pour of rain/fog/snow. Haha.
I had my fun of mods when I had my '91 Civic Si. I was one of the first with the Real Si-R badges and motor swaps. Now my Maxima is quick enough for me. I wouldn't mind doing some things to it, but dunno what yet. I figure more cosmetic changes first like '02 clear tail lights (would look nice on a pearl white color like mine and yours) I wanted to do the the 02 hid but ah well, I missed the deal. I wonder if I can find anywhere that can get me a aftermarket front end for the car...
Old 02-23-2002, 08:12 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 00 front end hit in accident

Stillen Front Fascia, P/N 108209

Stillen
Old 02-23-2002, 09:30 AM

I figure if the light housing is busted, I'm hoping they can get me the bronze as replacements. Yeah, nothing beats true HID. Only thing is all the "kids" in their Hondas think "Oh nice blue bulbs, how much?" and when you tell them its xenon lights, they are like "and...?" And have no clue on what they are trying to copy with the white/blue bulbs.
Same here, but I found someone to do my saftey check about three weeks before this accident and didn't ask me to turn on my high lights, which is good as I have none. Who really needs them? HID are bright enough and it doesn't help here in Hawaii where we hardly have that heavy of a down pour of rain/fog/snow. Haha.
I had my fun of mods when I had my '91 Civic Si. I was one of the first with the Real Si-R badges and motor swaps. Now my Maxima is quick enough for me. I wouldn't mind doing some things to it, but dunno what yet. I figure more cosmetic changes first like '02 clear tail lights (would look nice on a pearl white color like mine and yours) I wanted to do the the 02 hid but ah well, I missed the deal. I wonder if I can find anywhere that can get me a aftermarket front end for the car...
Haha, yeah the Honda kids have no idea what the true HIDs are. Mods for them are so cheap and come so easily that when you say Xenon and they say,"so...?" it kinda makes you appreciate them more. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. I was going the cosmetic route first since my car is still pretty new and I didn't want to drill or change anything drastically since the car goes in for warranty work at the dealer still. Somehow they don't really mind my clears though. I've taken it in once with them on and they didn't say anything about it, so that was cool. As for the aftermarket front bumper replacement, there's the Stillen one like the post above or the Kamikaze one. Do a search on Mr. Burner as the user name cause I know he had one. If not get the aero kit like the AE kit or one of the Stillen ones. It just bolts (and tapes) onto the car and looks really nice IMO. You should definitely come out to the meets that we have. I think you'll like them. We even have BBQs and stuff. Well do let me know if you get a kit or anything...that should be nice!!