5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Who has a problem with my moderation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 07:48 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Who has a problem with my moderation?

http://www.maximaforum.com/cgi-bin/i...7f9e73387dffff;act=ST;f=12;t=44

n1smo
I will anyway. Did you guys see the post BigDogJonx did yesterday? It was originally about some filter wouldn't fit the PRCAI or something like that.... But here comes Steve trying to use that as a chance to promote his product some more (as if he doesn't do enough of that already). But the funny thing is, it back fires and Steve was spending the whole night trying to defend his product... It was funny as hell, homeboy was getting slammed. Well this morning, he got Kev to delete half the posts and then later, deleted the entire thread. That is when I said, time to say bye bye to the .org. Well, I'm still on there, but my heart is not there anymore....

BTW... if anybody has that thread in there cache, it would be cool to save it and upload it to a site so ppl can see what bad moderating is. :cheesy:
Chris91se
so what's wrong with steve plugging his product? he's a salesman now and that's how he gets business. no biggie
n1smo
I think he does too much of it. The forum is to help ppl not for advertising. Also, when he lost the arguement, he went crying to Kev and got the posts deleted. Yes, you can promote your product (I don't like it, but I accept it) but you are not playing on a level field when posts get deleted because somebody has a better arguement than you. I'm sure I have the entire thing in my cache but I have nowhere to upload it to. Geocities suck...

Final note: Steve walked into it, the topic was PRCAI not his FrankenIntake or whatever he calls it. He comes talking **** about the PRCAI and BigDogJonx defended his CAI. Before you know it, a lot of ppl was getting in to the action. Let's just say it was a public relations nightmare for Steve. I think ppl should be able to view this post because it was very informative and brings out the weaknesses of his product. And knowing how ppl are cattles (monkey sees, monkey do), it will also let ppl know that not everybody has good things to say about the Franken.
Chris91se
and do you have proof he went crying to kev? i'd like to see that too
n1smo
Ok... here it is....

http://www.geocities.com/n1smo/controversy/page2.htm
http://www.geocities.com/n1smo/controversy/page3.htm

This is the most recent one in my cache... There was more crap than this. But when I went to school, I got on and there was a post by Kev saying, "Let's start this over again" or something to this affect with most of the posts deleted. And then there's a post below Kev's by BigDog basically saying it's BS that the posts got deleted and below that Steve had a post with the little Killroy peeking... So it's obvious that he had something to do with it.... And after that, the whole thread was gone.

Geocities don't have much bandwidth... If you guys could upload it to another site... that would be great!
n1smo
BTW... If you read the 2 posts by me.. I think I was being a gentlemen through the whole thing. I had been called a Newbie by Steve the first time I voiced my opinion about his intake.
Chris91se
you still have no proof he "cried" to kev

it's amazing that people truely belive the PRCAI is the best intake out there...
n1smo
Like I said... I don't have the entire post... Especially after Kev did some editing... I think logic would imply Steve cried to Kev.

But I will say... it was entertaining never the less
Chris91se
like i said...i seriously doubt that happened...i know steve and i know kev. kev was just doing his job in cleaning up a thread...
n1smo
The thread was not dirty at all. In fact, it started out being about the PRCAI not fitting properly with the Monster Air Filter. Now, people who read the post would expect to read about what the issue was and how PR is going to address it. But instead here comes good old Steve promoting his intake. Am I the only one sick of this? Obviously not because he felt the back lash... I think Steve was out of line. I never attack him at a personal level, even though he has with me so while you have your opinion about Steve, I have my own. I mean, this is not cleaning up the thread, this is erasing the entire thing. If you don't see anything wrong with this... that's fine... But I'm sure there are plenty of people who feels the same way as me.
Chris91se
ahhh you've still missed my point. i agree that there was probably much more to the thread but i didn't see it all so i'm not saying anything about that but you are attacking steve and kev in a way.

you have no proof at all that steve cried to kev. you just think because maybe steve lost the arguement and got attacked that his only way to get rid of it was to get a moderator to remove it. You can say all you want about the arguement but don't assume things you don't know.
Y2KevSE
Dude, did you see how personal it got? I cleaned up the thread before ever reading the "Report post to moderator" Steve submitted.

What would you do? Delete it and Dixit will get upset. Lock it and people will see the ***** waving contest. So I deleted all the posts after things got wild.

If it was a civil discussion, then I would have no problem with it being on the .orgy.

BTW, I did not delete the thread.

Thank you Chris.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:49 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Speak up because I would like to know.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:04 AM

I don't see a problem. You could delete every word I type without giving an explaination and I'd still be happy with all the info. I get (and give) on this site. People take stuff personally and then just FORGET all the great info. they've gotten outta this site and its mods.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:06 AM

Hmmmm....you are a power hungry, post deleting SOB!!

Oh wait....that's someone else!!!!
Old 03-01-2002, 08:12 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Kev...you SUK!!

because you hav a SC and I don't..
Old 03-01-2002, 08:15 AM

Big Jerk

Only problem I have is that your car is too damn fast. Give me your
S/C and I will forgive.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:39 AM

No problem here with your moderation. The point of moderating is to keep things civil and mature. I enjoy being a part of a forum that is known to my friends as being civil and having mature discussions. Members debating over different products/setups/etc is fine, as long as it doesn't get personal or get out of hand. Unfortunately it seems that it did get personal. And the concequences are moderation. This is just the internet, it's a helpful and frendly way to share experiences, information, and hobbies. NOT to make personal attacks.

Old 03-01-2002, 08:45 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yeah..

that sucks.. I did the lazy thing but you spent the time to clean the thread up and leave all the pertinate info. That's what you get for trying too hard
Old 03-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Very sound, Mike

Just judging from the posts and quotes i've read and nothing else... i don't really see a problem at this point.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:54 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

We try to make the best decision when moderating, so all your feedback is really helpful. Thanks and please keep them coming.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:10 AM
I'm needing a caw

Actually that would mean KEV BLOWS!

No way I'm putting "who's got a problem w/ my moderation" thread up.

Originally posted by Rob'sAE
Kev...you SUK!!
because you hav a SC and I don't..
Old 03-01-2002, 09:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My thought is that if you see racial slurs or obviously degrading comments as part of a personal attack, you delete the post they are included within. If the post has nothing to do with Maximas in any way shape or form, you delete the post if you like.

Otherwise, you do not delete posts or threads. If you want to lock them...great...lock them, but deleting them is like saying that the rest of the .org members should not view this information and I don't see the moderators job as being to decide what information is relavent or appropriate for our eyes.

In general, Kevin, I have no real problem with the way you moderate this forum.
Old 03-01-2002, 09:28 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok

J/K.

Is that $hitter paper?
Old 03-01-2002, 09:37 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Well I missed the argument, but as long as the car is moving during the heat of summer the underhood temps are no greater than the outside air temp. This was tested by an Accord V6'er with a thermocouple to see what the intake air temp of his underhood intake would be (similar to the fraken) vs the AEM CAI for Accord V6's.

It was the same. It did heat up when the car was stopped, but went right back down to the outside air temp within a minute of him starting to move again.

================

Kev - I have no problem with your moderation
Old 03-01-2002, 09:40 AM

Originally posted by SteVTEC
Well I missed the argument, but as long as the car is moving during the heat of summer the underhood temps are no greater than the outside air temp. This was tested by an Accord V6'er with a thermocouple to see what the intake air temp of his underhood intake would be (similar to the fraken) vs the AEM CAI for Accord V6's.

It was the same. It did heat up when the car was stopped, but went right back down to the outside air temp within a minute of him starting to move again.

================

Kev - I have no problem with your moderation
Oh, good Steve, start the argument back up here. j/k

The solution is simple...do what I do...buy all of the intakes and just switch them out seasonally.
Old 03-01-2002, 10:05 AM
RBa

Re: Re: Who has a problem with my moderation?

We love you Kev!!!!!...

Despite the fact that you have an SC and most of us are jealous!!...
Old 03-01-2002, 10:35 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Speak up because I would like to know.

You're pretty overbearing.......

Good heavens, someone criticizing Kev's moderation. Talk about stupidasses.....
Old 03-01-2002, 11:18 AM

I hate Kevin. He ate my babies.

This whole getting mad at Kev and not Bill, Jeff, or Matt thing is strange and new... next thing you know people will thank Jamie for keeping the board alive. What's the world coming to?

Old 03-01-2002, 11:23 AM
JET Speed Lab

hi kevinG!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:29 AM

I don't have any problems with Kev's moderation. I have been coming to this board for awhile and I have never had one complaint.

The thread in question ... I got to see most of it, but I never saw any personal attacks before it was deleted. Personally ... I hate it when Steve comes in promoting the Fraken intake. I know he can do it, but that's just my opinion.

I think if Steve was to promote his intake ... he should "donate" more money towards the .org in the form of banner advertisement! That's basically what everyone else does and then the .org would have that much more money from advertising towards the purchase of a new server. I don't need to get into my feelings of personal donations from members, but I still think if he want't to get in on every post and attempt to sell his product ... pay up! And I don't think it should just be the Fraken intake ... everyone who wants to promote their product should have to pay for advertisement rights and then post all you want.

Back on subject ... Kev I think you are cool!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:32 AM

yo_its_not_OK

yo_its_OK needs to share his "Smileys" with the rest of the .org
Old 03-01-2002, 11:35 AM

Re: Who has a problem with my moderation?

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
http://www.maximaforum.com/cgi-bin/i...7f9e73387dffff;act=ST;f=12;t=44

From what I understand these moderators are not getting a lof of $$ for doing this job. Someone has to keep things under control, he made a judgement call, and everyone should respect that. Right or wrong, peace has to be kept for this to be an effective information sharing source.

And sure some people's opinions were erased; but it was a call of civility and organization over the need for knowledge. There is plenty of quality info./opinion on intakes out there, and people know which ones are the best by dynos, and by following the members with the fastest rides. One persons' sales pitch won't change anything-good or bad.

The seller's will try to sell, the moderators will moderate; but in the end we will buy who can perform.

So, leave the moderators alone. I sure don't want the job.

(Anyway, we all know CAIs rule-you can't argue w/ science; colder air=more combustion=more power, period!)

Old 03-01-2002, 11:40 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Ditto!

Originally posted by MichaelAE
My thought is that if you see racial slurs or obviously degrading comments as part of a personal attack, you delete the post they are included within. If the post has nothing to do with Maximas in any way shape or form, you delete the post if you like.

Otherwise, you do not delete posts or threads. If you want to lock them...great...lock them, but deleting them is like saying that the rest of the .org members should not view this information and I don't see the moderators job as being to decide what information is relavent or appropriate for our eyes.

In general, Kevin, I have no real problem with the way you moderate this forum.
Kevin is an AWESOME moderator and I've NEVER had a complaint. TimeeehW is pretty good and seems to be getting better(No offense Tim!).

My .02(which ain't worth much!) on what is a moderators job:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Moderate racial comments, personal attacks(*** you!No, *** you!), and peoples attempts to CLEARLY disrupt threads(Ah that's stupid, why...). Also, monitor reports by the "Report Post to a Moderator" button and NOTHING else. Personal views that a thread is "boring" or not worthy is for the readers to decide, NOT the moderators. Locking/Moving OT threads is somewhat questionable, but oh well.

If NOTHING changes with this board(besides the DAMN busy server message!) I will still LOVE this place. It's not perfect, but for FREE who in the HELL can complain about how a moderator decides to moderate, when moderators do it for FREE!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:04 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

WTF? Man that takes a lot of nerve...

To complain. Man some people on this board have no real grasp of reality. Free information and interaction with others.

Moderation on ALL forums that I visit are great (General and 5th gen). So areas are a little more touchy than others, but good concise explanations are given as to why things happen. In the words of Bill, its not a democracy...

I really like reading the ones Bill get called out one...he he he. can you say smack down...yet to read of a Bill loss.

[Brown Nosing]The 5thForum is really laid back because there seems to be less infantile individuals on it. I agree with all the positive responses...racial, personal attacks so on and so forth....get deleted. Kevin does a great job and there should not be any reason to attack him. Heck as Tim said, the whole thread could have been deleted and we all would have had to move on.

Keep up the good work ALL! [/Brown Nosing}

Although the above is meant in all seriousness.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:10 PM

gosh it really bites being a moderator, do ur job ppl get angry, dont' do ur job ppl get angry.. man we should get one of themz moderators that would correct my chinglish too so no one complains about "OHHH MYYY BUDAYAMNESS, your post is gramatically FUGGED up." if all moderation was about taking sides i'm sure there would be a score board ontop of each thread saying _________has X amt of points and __________is talking out if his ****.... i do agree this place is not longer like how it used to be but eh... thas life... live and deal with it or move on...
Old 03-01-2002, 12:24 PM

KevinG you cool, b/c u got SC
Old 03-01-2002, 12:34 PM

the only thing I hold against Kev is that after numerous requests he still refuses to send me a picture of Jane!

I've heard that Jane is as hot as her car.....woohoo!!

Damn Kev.....you a lucky bastid.......nice roads to drive on (out there on the west coast), a supercharger under the hood, and an
extremely sexy girlfriend. (I don't care what she looks like! If she drives a modded Maxima she's sexy in my book)

But getting back to the point.......kev, you're doing a great job!

now could you please send me a pic of JAne?!?!?!?!

no seriously.....tell those who complain about your moderating to
F*CK OFF!!
Old 03-01-2002, 03:20 PM

wtf you guys? i like kevin moderating....keeps all u f*ckheads form posting all dis sh*t and screwing up the server

keep it going kev, don't worry bout nebody else
Old 03-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Used force to obtain Admin powers

Originally posted by acMAX
the only thing I hold against Kev is that after numerous requests he still refuses to send me a picture of Jane!

I've heard that Jane is as hot as her car.....woohoo!!

Damn Kev.....you a lucky bastid.......nice roads to drive on (out there on the west coast), a supercharger under the hood, and an
extremely sexy girlfriend. (I don't care what she looks like! If she drives a modded Maxima she's sexy in my book)

But getting back to the point.......kev, you're doing a great job!

now could you please send me a pic of JAne?!?!?!?!

no seriously.....tell those who complain about your moderating to
F*CK OFF!!:-D

You still won't let this go, huh?
Old 03-01-2002, 03:47 PM

Originally posted by Jane97SE
You still won't let this go, huh?
It's not just him...it's the ENTIRE forum!

ADMAN
Old 03-01-2002, 04:15 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ispeed
I don't have any problems with Kev's moderation. I have been coming to this board for awhile and I have never had one complaint.

The thread in question ... I got to see most of it, but I never saw any personal attacks before it was deleted. Personally ... I hate it when Steve comes in promoting the Fraken intake. I know he can do it, but that's just my opinion.

I think if Steve was to promote his intake ... he should "donate" more money towards the .org in the form of banner advertisement! That's basically what everyone else does and then the .org would have that much more money from advertising towards the purchase of a new server. I don't need to get into my feelings of personal donations from members, but I still think if he want't to get in on every post and attempt to sell his product ... pay up! And I don't think it should just be the Fraken intake ... everyone who wants to promote their product should have to pay for advertisement rights and then post all you want.

Back on subject ... Kev I think you are cool!
i said i would donate one dollar per intake system i sold and i am a mna of my word. i'm sending jamie money for the first month of sales tonight. and will keep to do that.

-steve
Old 03-01-2002, 05:54 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

other than your car is a SC'd midget, you are OK with me
Old 03-01-2002, 06:29 PM

Am I qualified to answer to this post?

I am one of the newer people on the Maxima.org forum. I had a 2000 SE but never really got into trying to up the performance. All I did to it was window tint, drop in K&N, superwhite headlight bulbs, and some 12"s in the trunk. Nothing that really required me to seek advice from other owners. I had been to the Maxima.org website with my old car to see what was up, but never went to the forum.

Now I've got the 6 spd (which I love by the way) and am interested in doing a little more to it. I decided to see what other people were doing and how (I haven't ever really worked on my car before). I found the forum here and have now made it my homepage. I don't have the cash to really do anything yet. I hoping to get the FrankenCar intake (in spite of the recent arguements). Stikya was right. I checked on the background info, and for the money I will still buy it. Not because Steve hyped it. I won't not buy it because other people hated on it. All the b!tching back and forth hasn't changed my mind. I think that the arguements have their place, but I don't think it's here on the 5th Gen forum. Maybe you should start a b!tch forum that's not as monitored as the other forums just to let those guys have it out somewhere that isn't here.

Kev, in my opinion, in the short time I've been on here, you haven't really done anything that offends me or bothers me. You aren't overly censoring, you let some comments go through as long as a thread more or less stays on topic, or at the least doesn't get too bloody and single people out unless it's in good fun (RussMaxManiac for example). You also have stickies for car washing tips, newbie info, and modification links and how to's. That is awesome. That alone is worth coming to the forum. I've read through this thread so far, and most of the people seem to back you up, so chalk this post up to that category as well.

I'm sorry this newbie (or even worse, lurker) is taking up so much space, but I had a long-winded opinion that I think is more subjective than most because I don't know anybody here and therefore am not as biased as others. I'll let the string of responses continue now. Keep up the good work Kev, and get another dyno when you finish the repair.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:59 PM

hhhmmm...where to begin:

Well, it's a good forum to learn specifics about the Maxima. No other forum offers as detailed information as this forum does. However, there is a lot of stupidity and ignorance that pops up from time to time.

My only problem with the forum is some of the members. Some of the members feel that every other make/model of car is a piece of junk in comparison to the Maxima. Don't believe me? Let's review some past threads about CLS/TLS/Accords/330s/etc etc.

The term "ricer" and "riceboy" gets used frequently as well... and the mass majority of this forum includes "ricers" and "riceboys". It almost caters to them (20+ windshield washer lamp threads). People tend to h on hondas and acuras. They have this grotesqu hatred towards these guy. It's annoying to mess with on every other thread in here at times.

And to top it off, the moderators have to sift through all this crap to maintain some sort of mature, family orientated forum.

Kevin, you do a good job to a point. I think deleting threads isn't the answer, unless it's just downright insulting an entire group of people intentionally.

About Steve and his intake. I understand the advertising, great. But, do we need to see it on every thread? Nope. He's a good looking guy (i'm not gay), but his sig is ridiculous. Show a smaller picture of the intake, some info, a link...and be done with it. It's almost to the point of spamming. The biased attitude towards certain things needs to be adjusted.

A candy bar to whoever guesses the clue

Mods: I spent a crap load of time doing that, PLEASE don't edit/delete it...
Old 03-01-2002, 08:37 PM

First...
Kev does a damn well job moderating... Yes he sometimes "participates" with us, but you know how much useful information he provides us? You know how many times he's been there to help people out with problems. Just because you like to sit there and cuss russ out and that post dissapears does not make Kev a bad moderator

Kev keep up the good work!

BTW I have seen Jane and Kev's picture
Old 03-01-2002, 10:10 PM

ive been on here for a while now and i tend to like the way Kev Moderates and cant complain cause he does do it for free and does a DAMN GOOD JOB!!!!!! it kinda ****ed me off when i saw that thread they posted at maximaforum.com concerning KEV but to hell with him since he said he wont be coming back
Old 03-01-2002, 10:47 PM

Re: Re: Who has a problem with my moderation?

Well, I have never experienced you casually and/or randomly deleting posts. I recall you warning some people that were arguing back and forth endlessly that you were going to end it for them...I thought at the time it was a noble offer by you!

Keep up the good work and remember not everyone on here is mature.

Tony
Old 03-01-2002, 11:18 PM

Kev, I'm still fairly new here, and I think for being in your position, you have done a great job. You put a lot of great info out, you answer e-mails(even though it takes sometimes a week)haha, but the point is you do it, you have a life outside of this forum, we are all(most of us) busy people, and you take the time to do this, so keep up the great work, and maybe someday you can come to S. Cali to visit us down here. Bernie
Old 03-02-2002, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

i said i would donate one dollar per intake system i sold and i am a mna of my word. i'm sending jamie money for the first month of sales tonight. and will keep to do that.

-steve

sounds great! I just wish everyone else who promotes on this this site will take that example.

Old 03-02-2002, 01:22 AM

Quoted Message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y2KevSE
Dude, did you see how personal it got? I cleaned up the thread before ever reading the "Report post to moderator" Steve submitted.

What would you do? Delete it and Dixit will get upset. Lock it and people will see the ***** waving contest. So I deleted all the posts after things got wild.

If it was a civil discussion, then I would have no problem with it being on the .orgy.

BTW, I did not delete the thread.

Thank you Chris.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im sorry, for some reason I am retarded, I actually laughed hard when Kevin mentioned me getting upset if Kev deletes the thread or post.

Kev you know in the begining when I joined the .org, I did get upset as a newbie. But now I can honestly say I can laugh really hard at that statement. I have ZERO problems with your Moderation now. We just got off on the wrong foot in the beginning, now we all chilllllllllllllllllll.

Even the "posts" you deleted this week with me and steve going at it. But it is all in good fun. I deleted the whole thread anyways cause it did get heated.

Keep up the good moderating.

Dixit

Quick Reply: Who has a problem with my moderation?