5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 10:58 AM

Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Yesterday I visited my local Nissan "a$$hole " dealership to spend 9 hours to get nowhere. I went in for a routine first check up (change oil, check Fluids etc.). If anyone remembers from an old post I stated my wife hit the car and the steering was off a little, so I told then to check that out to. But no I guess that was to advance for a$$holes to understand. After 9 hours back and forth with the "service advisor" aka "f*****g moron" he call to said my car was ready and everything was taken care of. When I got there and spoke to the f*****g moron he said I needed two new timing valves which will be in next week because it had to be ordered from California. I was like WTF the car is three months old, he stated that s**t happens (what ever!!!). I jump in my car start driving and notice the steering is still off, so I go back and said to the moron that the steering is not fixed. Why? He tells me that when the parts come in they will fix everything. So I proceeded to ask him why did it take 9 hours to tell me this bit of information. Do you know what this a$$hole tell me? "It's to late now to fix it anywhere and I should come back tomorrow because they had to many car to work on today and he can't help me. I stated that I took the day off of work to come here and I can't come back tomorrow. To make a long story short, the car is still not fixed and after my lease is up Nissan will never get my money again.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:06 AM

Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Your just mad.....I'm sure you will buy a Nissan again.

P.S. Settle down Beavis!!!!!!

Originally posted by nice95GLE
Yesterday I visited my local Nissan "a$$hole " dealership to spend 9 hours to get nowhere. I went in for a routine first check up (change oil, check Fluids etc.). If anyone remembers from an old post I stated my wife hit the car and the steering was off a little, so I told then to check that out to. But no I guess that was to advance for a$$holes to understand. After 9 hours back and forth with the "service advisor" aka "f*****g moron" he call to said my car was ready and everything was taken care of. When I got there and spoke to the f*****g moron he said I needed two new timing valves which will be in next week because it had to be ordered from California. I was like WTF the car is three months old, he stated that s**t happens (what ever!!!). I jump in my car start driving and notice the steering is still off, so I go back and said to the moron that the steering is not fixed. Why? He tells me that when the parts come in they will fix everything. So I proceeded to ask him why did it take 9 hours to tell me this bit of information. Do you know what this a$$hole tell me? "It's to late now to fix it anywhere and I should come back tomorrow because they had to many car to work on today and he can't help me. I stated that I took the day off of work to come here and I can't come back tomorrow. To make a long story short, the car is still not fixed and after my lease is up Nissan will never get my money again.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:06 AM

I know how ya feel, I'd be mad too

Damn, sorry to hear about the problems with the max, this must be a rare exception b/c I haven't heard of many problems like this. The service aspect on the other hand is not an exception. I waited 7 hours one day for my dealership to fix my rattles and they did nothing but tell me they couldn't find the rattles. Even after I drove with a tech. in the car he said I'd have to come back another day, all this after I set an appointment, Nissan should pay for lost time/wages.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:11 AM

Something I forgot to mention, I have frost interior that was completely filthy when I got the car back. Even the wife was like WTF happened.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:16 AM

Again I will say, This is not Nissan's Fault. This is actually the dealers setting their little rules. Sure They are Nissan To the Consumer but In Reality they are Just A$$holes who sell Nissan Cars. Talk to Consumer Affairs and bring it to their Attention. They can't fix a problem if they don't know anything about it.

Nissan does have district Managers who keep these dealerships in Check. The Final SaySo is from these managers, not the Dealership. If the dealer gives you too much $hit, Time to Escalate to Higher Level..
Old 03-01-2002, 11:22 AM

It's funny how sometimes the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing. The sales staff and management at my dealership is friendly (as I'm sure they usually are), but the service advisors suck so bad. The customer service manager went out of his way to get the bumper TSB done for me. The service advisor didn't know anything about it and I even went in to show him the TSB, but since we're not associated with Nissan of North America (by whom the TSB was issued), there is no guarantee that I could have gotten the work done. But after crappy service from the advisor, I talked to the cust serv manager (albeit I complained) and he took care of everything. He called Nissan Motor Corp of Hawaii and Nissan of North America and called me back within an hour to tell me that the work was authorized and that they would fix it for me. It also helps that the owner of the dealership is a family friend, but these people that work at the dealership have no idea who they are talking to. I mean what if I was actually related to the owner or something?? They really should be more courteous...if not, then why bother being in a job that requires good cust service/relations.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:24 AM

Originally posted by PIONEER

Again I will say, This is not Nissan's Fault. This is actually the dealers setting their little rules. Sure They are Nissan To the Consumer but In Reality they are Just A$$holes who sell Nissan Cars. Talk to Consumer Affairs and bring it to their Attention. They can't fix a problem if they don't know anything about it.

Nissan does have district Managers who keep these dealerships in Check. The Final SaySo is from these managers, not the Dealership. If the dealer gives you too much $hit, Time to Escalate to Higher Level..
I agree with you and I did take a prior problem to Nissan of North America and they took care of me nicely. But all this BS within a three-month timeframe is too much.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:33 AM

Re: Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Originally posted by MAXX25
Your just mad.....I'm sure you will buy a Nissan again.

P.S. Settle down Beavis!!!!!!

I had been pi$$ed about Nissan service for a long time. Esp. dealings with my local shop and Nissan NA. I have had it with them, and have said repeatedly ... it doesn't matter if the warranty is voided by my mods or not ... Nissan will f*** you anyway, so mod away.

wanna take bet's on if i will buy another nissan?

I would just love to take your money.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

Originally posted by ispeed

I had been pi$$ed about Nissan service for a long time. Esp. dealings with my local shop and Nissan NA. I have had it with them, and have said repeatedly ... it doesn't matter if the warranty is voided by my mods or not ... Nissan will f*** you anyway, so mod away.

wanna take bet's on if i will buy another nissan?

I would just love to take your money.
So Why not sell now? Whats holding you up?? The longer you keep your car the more you have to Deal with Nissan
Old 03-01-2002, 11:47 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Just thank GOD you leased!

I wish I would have and not LOST $8-9K+ in depreciation during my first year of ownership.

Damn you 5+1/2 gens. and new Altimas.

BTW, I will NEVER buy another Nissan either, but it was the best car I could have afforded at the time(2-wks. out of college).
Old 03-01-2002, 11:54 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

So Why not sell now? Whats holding you up?? The longer you keep your car the more you have to Deal with Nissan
I can't afford to walk away and take that big of a hit unless I want to drive a Civic or something.

The Maxima appeared to be the best option at the time and I had to have a car. Right now I can't afford to sell it or do anything otherwise, besides b!tch and moan.

The service AND quality I expected from the "flagship" model of Nissan was inadequate. I guess my standards were too high.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:59 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?

I have never said that I don't like the car ... I don't like Nissan and the local dealer. Yes I have looked into selling it though. From how much I still owe in finacing and how much I can get as a trade in or private sell I will have lost too much money right now. I can just have fun with it now and not worry about anything. I traded in a truck with alot of value ... now with a trade I have a little less than half of what I did then. Depreciation is a b!tch.

If all that makes sense without me having to put in numbers.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:08 PM

most large dealerships suck

Originally posted by ispeed

I have never said that I don't like the car ... I don't like Nissan and the local dealer. Yes I have looked into selling it though. From how much I still owe in finacing and how much I can get as a trade in or private sell I will have lost too much money right now. I can just have fun with it now and not worry about anything. I traded in a truck with alot of value ... now with a trade I have a little less than half of what I did then. Depreciation is a b!tch.

If all that makes sense without me having to put in numbers.
I work in a business where I deal w/ large car dealerships. Guess what? The left hand NEVER knows what the right hand is doing. You are much better off finding yourself a good mechanic at a small shop.Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have had 5 brand new cars in the past 9 years, all from different dealerships and I can't say that any of them have been anywhere near trouble-free. Thats just life. I have also never dealt with a service department that acted like that gave a crap about your problems. Its always the same routine--the salesmen bend over backwards to be nice so they can sell you a car. Once thats done, they could care less if you are happy or not.

All that said, what it really boils down to is that you have to find a car that you really love to drive and make that the most important aspect of car ownership. I will say that my Max (2000 SE) is definently my favorite car so far!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:41 PM

I think its just a problem at the dealer.... You shouldnt be ****ed at Nissan, instead you should be ****ed at the dealer.. Try complaining to the Better business bureau about the dealer.. After they get a complaint, maybe they will treat you a little better, or try another dealer..
Old 03-01-2002, 12:47 PM
I'm needing a caw

You didn't buy a Nissan, you leased one?

Note: Nissan dealers are not owned by Nissan. They are privately owned and operate as idependant businesses. So that explains the wide variances in customer service between different Nissan dealers.

But to sympathize, Nissan techs are pretty much idiots on a stick though.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:16 PM

My solution to this problem is to find an independent shop that specializes in Nissan/Japanese cars. I have done this with my Toyota pickup. Local Toyota dealer not good so went to independent. Their rates are lower and in some cases you can talk to the technician instead of the service manager. So far my Nissan dealer has been good and I will use them for warranty work. If I'm ever not satisfied, then I will see my independent shop or some other local specialty shop (tires alignment, muffler, etc.) and keep the receipts.
Old 03-01-2002, 01:32 PM

Originally posted by Tallyman
I think its just a problem at the dealer.... You shouldnt be ****ed at Nissan, instead you should be ****ed at the dealer.. Try complaining to the Better business bureau about the dealer.. After they get a complaint, maybe they will treat you a little better, or try another dealer..
True but I blame Nissan because this is not the first time something like this happened. Three other time three different dealers. If Nissan they gave better training to their dealership and service rep maybe just maybe these things wouldn't happen. This is not my first Nissan but it will be my last; sadly because I love maximas but I just can't deal with the crappy service anymore. My lease is brand new so within the next three years if by a slim chance the level of service increase I still will not be another Nissan. For those of you who never had a problem with Nissan I envy you, but in my case "Once bitten, Twice shy".
Old 03-01-2002, 02:04 PM

True but I blame Nissan because this is not the first time something like this happened. Three other time three different dealers. If Nissan they gave better training to their dealership and service rep maybe just maybe these things wouldn't happen. This is not my first Nissan but it will be my last; sadly because I love maximas but I just can't deal with the crappy service anymore. My lease is brand new so within the next three years if by a slim chance the level of service increase I still will not be another Nissan. For those of you who never had a problem with Nissan I envy you, but in my case "Once bitten, Twice shy".
Let me Give you Some of my Experience..

HONDA
About 2months ago. My Cousins Honda Got stolen. The Police found it, stripped, no Rims, everything gone. It was sitting on 2 jackstands. So we have the car towed to a Honda Dealer Locally. Insurance guy comes looks at the car. Cousin gets a rental car from the insurance company. The service guy at Honda Orders the parts needed to fix the car. Didn't bother to look at the insurance estimate to see what was needed. NO I DON'T WANT THAT. I GOT UNDER CONTROL HE SAYS...He goes on a 2 week Vacation... I call the dealership everyday.. The Dealer is lost.. Have no Clue what needs to be done to the car. 3rd week.. Now I have a week left on my rental. The guy comes back from Vacation. OOOOOO $HIT. SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT YOUR CAR... Guess what. The parts never came in.. He orders the parts.. 2 days later calls me and tells me the car is fixed come take it. I go to the dealer with my Cousin. Only thing they did. "RECODE IGNITION, Steering Buckle, Front Suspention and some odd parts here and there. Told me the rest of the parts are not avalible and will take 10 days to come in. I told him well Since you took 2 weeeks on vacation, I need you to extend my rental b/c the insurance company only pays for 30 days. SO he Extended it. The Next day, The Rental company calls me says The Dealer stopped the payment on the rental and I have to turn the car in or Pick up the bill. Man I was sooO ****ed .. I called the dealer and he says.. well you know its not our fault Honda can't give us parts in time. We can't pay for the rental. I told him if you weren't gone for 2damn weeks my car could've been fixed. I talked to his manager. Nothing.. Dealer General Manager. Nothing. I said FAQ You all. I'm comeing to get the car. $7800 worth of damage. The Dealer only put $1400 in parts/labor. The rest I ordered myself and Am slowly rebuilding that car. SO BEFORE YOU QUIT ON NISSAN, LOOK FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Nissan is a struggleing company. They have been for years and they will more likely go out of their way for the consumer then Honda or Toyota would. Although, I have had a 99 4Runner, and The Service from Toyota was just Flawless, but then again I only had the 4Runner for 6 months and the only time I took it in was with a Recall on the Fuel Pump..
Old 03-01-2002, 03:10 PM

Time to go to some type of management, and I wouldnt not have put up with his fowl words. Rule one in customer service and sales is: Keep your current customers happy because it takes way more work to obtain new ones.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:22 PM

I hear all of these horror stories about dealerships, but I have never had a problem with my dealership. I bought the car used, they gave me 2 keys, 2 controllers, $5 off of oil changes (which I watch them do myself), as well as detail the car. I went there for my 95 Altima too and they did a great job fixing it from where the f*c&nut hit me. Most dealerships couldn't give a rip less, but there are a few....just few and far between.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:38 PM

Sounds good, but...

Originally posted by JBWhitley
I hear all of these horror stories about dealerships, but I have never had a problem with my dealership. I bought the car used, they gave me 2 keys, 2 controllers, $5 off of oil changes (which I watch them do myself), as well as detail the car. I went there for my 95 Altima too and they did a great job fixing it from where the f*c&nut hit me. Most dealerships couldn't give a rip less, but there are a few....just few and far between.
Have you actually had them perform WARANTY work?

It sounds like you've had them do oil changes on your Max and bodywork on your Altima, but have you actually tried to get them to fix some minor problems or perform TSB work?

I'm sure there are some GOOD Nissan dealers, but PAYING for repairs and getting WARANTY work done are completely different stories at least when it comes to around here.

The ULTIMATE test is to take your Max in and ask them what they are going to do about the excessive amount of paint chips on the front of your car. Of course, they will probably not be able to do anything since Nissan hasn't admitted the paint is crap, but at least you'll know for sure what kind of WARANTY service you'll be getting.

If you do, let us know.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:42 PM

Re: Sounds good, but...

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Have you actually had them perform WARANTY work?

It sounds like you've had them do oil changes on your Max and bodywork on your Altima, but have you actually tried to get them to fix some minor problems or perform TSB work?

I'm sure there are some GOOD Nissan dealers, but PAYING for repairs and getting WARANTY work done are completely different stories at least when it comes to around here.

The ULTIMATE test is to take your Max in and ask them what they are going to do about the excessive amount of paint chips on the front of your car. Of course, they will probably not be able to do anything since Nissan hasn't admitted the paint is crap, but at least you'll know for sure what kind of WARANTY service you'll be getting.

If you do, let us know.
They repainted it. I got 2 small chips in it now, but that is my own damn fault for getting behind a friggin rock truck.

And on the Altima...The replace the alternator 2x. It went out about 60,000 miles, and then again at 72,500. Not a problem getting them to fix it. The first one was just barely under warranty, and the second b/c the first was so new.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:53 PM

Re: Re: Sounds good, but...

They repainted it. I got 2 small chips in it now, but that is my own damn fault for getting behind a friggin rock truck.

And on the Altima...The replace the alternator 2x. It went out about 60,000 miles, and then again at 72,500. Not a problem getting them to fix it. The first one was just barely under warranty, and the second b/c the first was so new.
Man You have a good Dealer. Now where's RuSS.. RUSSEL You Should've taken your Maxima to this Dealer.. They would've taken care of all your problems and you wouldn't get hit by all those Anti Nissan Threads by US
Old 03-01-2002, 05:00 PM

Incase anyone is intrested, my dealer is Regal Nissan in Roswell GA.
Old 03-01-2002, 05:06 PM

Warranty covers paint chips??? sweet. maybe i'll take mine in. (i get the feeling people are about to reply saying how horrible it was to do that. )
Old 03-01-2002, 05:08 PM

Re: Re: Re: Sounds good, but...

Originally posted by Trunksu

Warranty covers paint chips??? sweet. maybe i'll take mine in. (i get the feeling people are about to reply saying how horrible it was to do that. )
The don't typically cover chips, but I told them that it was BS that I was the car and had paint come off...They said "no way" and then we took it back to the detailer, and he started washing it and it almost looked like water based paint and just chipped away...They said they had never seen anything like it, and repainted it. The only spot was the hood.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sounds good, but...

The don't typically cover chips, but I told them that it was BS that I was the car and had paint come off...They said "no way" and then we took it back to the detailer, and he started washing it and it almost looked like water based paint and just chipped away...They said they had never seen anything like it, and repainted it. The only spot was the hood.
darn tis alright. that's part of life.

ps - love ur Max. i have the exact same color.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:09 PM
RussMaxManiac

Now people wonder why I am getting away from Nissan, just because of that.

Old 03-01-2002, 06:10 PM
RussMaxManiac

Actually it is Nissans fault in a way. The dealer represents Nissan, and Nissan will back the dealers up on whatever they say. That is what sucks.

Old 03-01-2002, 06:29 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Actually it is Nissans fault in a way. The dealer represents Nissan, and Nissan will back the dealers up on whatever they say. That is what sucks.

Following another members post, what round is this going to turn into ?

BTW, how do you like the new ride russ? Not asking you to bash the maxima, not asking for a flame war, just curious.

thanks
Old 03-01-2002, 06:56 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

You know how I solved my dealership problems? I stopped going to them completely. I now take my AE to an Infinity dealership. The service department is a dream. I know that my next car is most definetly going to be either an Infinity for their service or a BMW for the car. You might want to look into taking it to an Infinity dealership and end all your troubles for good.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:58 PM

dude, did you get that survey from nissan yet?

here is my scenerio with HONDA, i bought my car on 01/26/02, less than a week after i bought it, i brought it back in to have the dealer install a spoiler and tint. before i brought it in, i noticed a funny, whining, sound from the steering, everytime i turn, so i told the service dept guy about it. he checked it out and told me that the power steering was low, i was like wtf? why is it low? he told me something like when they get the cars from honda, all fluids are kept low, and that the dealer fills them up, so they probably forgot to fill it up, whatever. so they install the stuff and i pick my car up that same day. a few weeks later, after 550 miles or so, that noise is back, so this time i check the fluid myself, its low, WTF?!?!?! so i take it back to them, they look at it for a few hours, they determine some steering box thing is messed up and that they need to replace it, i was ****ed because it was a brand new car, but the service manager told me he OVERNIGHTED THE PART from honda, well guess what, next day came, but there was no part, now i'm really ****ed. they tell me that the part is on back order, so i ask them why they told me that the part was gonna be overnighted? no answer from him, except to tell me that the part will arrive in a couple weeks most likely, this was not acceptable. well i argue with them, and then i brought up the survey, i told them that they are NOT going to be getting that excellent rating they were expecting from me, then i left(this was wednesday of this week), well i got a call from them yesterday, the part was in, odd? wasn't it on back order? well i took it in and they fixed it, took 4-5hours. anyways, they asked me if i was satisfied, i said no, because they ****ed me off, so the guy asked, are you still going to give us a poor rating on the survey? thats all the guy cared about, the survey, BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE NEW CAR SURVEY. well to be nice i told him i will think about it, thought about, and when i get it, they will be sorry

sorry for that long *** post, just thought it might help.
Old 03-01-2002, 07:07 PM
RussMaxManiac

I am enjoying it. Defintely love the handling....hehe! I bought a spoiler for it, and stongard which will be installed next week. Woohoo!

Originally posted by bags533

Following another members post, what round is this going to turn into ?

BTW, how do you like the new ride russ? Not asking you to bash the maxima, not asking for a flame war, just curious.

thanks

Old 03-01-2002, 07:22 PM

Man! I understand your frustration. Are you in a city that offers only one nissan dealer? where i live my nissan dealer is awesome but i also run a harley-davidson dealership and I know "the system"
Nissan is not the problem the dealer may be. do not fight the world abouth this but go to www.nissan.com be very patient and word your problem appropriately-they respond quicker that way. Ask to take the problem to another dealer if possible. when it goes to a Dm(district mgr), he/she does not have time to fight an issue but resolve it and move on..... doing other drastic measures will make life more difficult- not worth it.
well good luck

2k2 max se 6 speed
Old 03-01-2002, 07:38 PM

I dont understand. Why did you wait in the first place? You should've gotten a loaner car.
Old 03-01-2002, 08:07 PM

Remember one thing...

arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics..even if you win you are still retarded

Old 03-01-2002, 08:09 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by MarkG
Remember one thing...

arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics..even if you win you are still retarded

Not funny

Old 03-01-2002, 08:20 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I am enjoying it. Defintely love the handling....hehe! I bought a spoiler for it, and stongard which will be installed next week. Woohoo!

Cool, thanks
Old 03-01-2002, 08:27 PM

Originally posted by MarkG
Remember one thing...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by bags533

Not funny

I agree...not something to joke about.

Quick Reply: Why did I buy a f*****g nissan?