5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

cleaning car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 11:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

cleaning car

I washed and waxed my car, and now there is always this dust that sets on my black 2000 maxima... I wipe down my car every other day just to get rid of the dust. is there anyway to get rid of the dust for good? could it be the wax that i used on my car? please give me some info.
Old 03-03-2002, 11:35 PM

Re: cleaning car

Originally posted by vict0r
I washed and waxed my car, and now there is always this dust that sets on my black 2000 maxima... I wipe down my car every other day just to get rid of the dust. is there anyway to get rid of the dust for good? could it be the wax that i used on my car? please give me some info.
sure it isn't just pollen/dust in the air? that settles on my car just about every day.

if u don't have one, get a california duster.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:28 AM

The fun of owning a black car, it is the color. Get the CA duster, that will help.

JCR
Old 03-04-2002, 07:26 AM

NEVER wipe the car down DRY! You will scratch it.

Old 03-04-2002, 09:07 AM

dude.....you own a black car......what did you expect?

You will always have dust on your car......no matter what color car you have........Black cars only make it MORE apparent
Old 03-04-2002, 10:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: cleaning car

Originally posted by acMAX

dude.....you own a black car......what did you expect?

You will always have dust on your car......no matter what color car you have........Black cars only make it MORE apparent
I have to agree with you there....no matter how much I wash my girl, she shows dust like no other color. On another related note, I clay barred the hood only this weekend before adding another coat of Zaino and OH MY F'N GOD what a difference there is between the hood and every other panel on the car!!! I was a clay bar semi-believer until this test. I've had several people perform the rub test as well to make sure I wasn't dreaming and they were shocked. Suffice it to say I'm a lifetime proponent of regular clay bar usage. If only it didn't take so damn long....ahhhh somethings must be sacrificed for...
Old 03-04-2002, 11:15 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

California Car Duster rules! I have one and I love it. I use it every morning before I go to work. It helps your Maxima keep that "just washed" shine.

Maximadave
Old 03-04-2002, 11:40 AM

You're fightin' a neverendin' battle my friend. Take the advice and get the Cali Duster. If you want your car "dust-free" you have to dust almost everyday...like me.
Old 03-06-2002, 09:39 AM
OG and counting...

Question

What kind of wax are you using?
Old 03-06-2002, 12:03 PM

Re: Question

Originally posted by PrinzII
What kind of wax are you using?
yeah, i would think it's the wax. when i was using carnuba on my max, and it's white, it used to attract so much dust and dirt. then i switched to klasse, and now even after rain my car is still clean.

nice name, by the way. lol. i guess i stole the victor without the zero.
yeah, so dude, what kind of wax are you using?