5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

~~~Leather Seats~~~

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 12:03 PM

~~~Leather Seats~~~

Hi people,
Sorry about putting this thread here. I know it should have been posted in the GD forum. (Which i did) Anyways, we are still trying to get more people to jump in to this group deal for leaterseats. We will take a final count in about a month. So please post at the thread to let us know whoever is interested in this GD. Please check the Group Deal page for more info. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:40 PM

If your getting them from leatherseats.com, I would think again. I got my seats and noticed only the insides of the seats were leather, thats BS.........I looked on my toyota seqouia and the front of the chair was leather which is the way its supposed to be. I was already ****ed off when I saw that %25 percent of the seats were leather. Then I started the install...what a pain in the ***.....Take it somewhere and get it done, you will probably get more leather on your seats.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by MAXX25
If your getting them from leatherseats.com, I would think again. I got my seats and noticed only the insides of the seats were leather, thats BS.........I looked on my toyota seqouia and the front of the chair was leather which is the way its supposed to be. I was already ****ed off when I saw that %25 percent of the seats were leather. Then I started the install...what a pain in the ***.....Take it somewhere and get it done, you will probably get more leather on your seats.

My last car(2000 Accord Coupe V6), as well as my 2000 Max SE, only has leather on the sitting surfaces. The back of the seat, as well as the sides are of a different material. I noticed that nearly a year ago when moisturizing the leather. Good luck trying to find full leather seats on cars in this price range.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:34 PM

Hi maxx,
Thanks for the heads up. But I didn't quite understand what you said there. You said that "only the inside" is leather? What do you mean by that? Can you please give me further info? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2002, 08:35 PM

Originally posted by Gumoj
Hi maxx,
Thanks for the heads up. But I didn't quite understand what you said there. You said that "only the inside" is leather? What do you mean by that? Can you please give me further info? Thanks in advance.
Both cars that I mentioned(Accord as well as Max) only have leather on the actual seating surfaces. Front seats back as well as sides are made of a man-made surface, looks a lot like leather but is not leather, the grain is entirely different. Hope that helps. By the way, I beleive BMW's, MB's and even Audis actually have complete leather surfaces(no fillers on the sides or backs).
Old 03-10-2002, 10:20 AM

Thanks rubman,
So i am just wondering, you think the deal wouldn't be worth it? If i was to get nissan leather, it's going to cost me 900 (the dealer told me so). But I believe that the custom seats from leatherseats.com looks better. But since only part of the seat cover is real leather, it cuts the worthness in to less than half, I think. Anyways, I'd really appericate it if you can please provide me some pictures of what you were saying. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:39 PM

Check the Atimas.net site. They are doing a group buy as well, and you don't have to buy the seats for an atlima either. If neither site has enough people on its own for a group buy ten you may want to talk w/ them.

By the way, I think leatherseats.com will make ALL of the surfaces leather if you want for a couple hundred bucks more. I remember reading one of their posts on the Altima site as well. (when I used to think I was going to buy an Altima!)
Old 03-10-2002, 03:26 PM

In case if you havn't noticed,
I am the guy who started the GD on altimas.net.
Old 03-10-2002, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by Gumoj
Thanks rubman,
So i am just wondering, you think the deal wouldn't be worth it? If i was to get nissan leather, it's going to cost me 900 (the dealer told me so). But I believe that the custom seats from leatherseats.com looks better. But since only part of the seat cover is real leather, it cuts the worthness in to less than half, I think. Anyways, I'd really appericate it if you can please provide me some pictures of what you were saying. Thanks in advance.
My point is, unless you have something custom made(hand made to details), your best deal might be latherseats.com deal. Seems many org members have bought from them and they seem to be happy. Sorry that I don't have any pictures. If you go test drive a Max that has the leather package and look at them closely enough you will be able to see what I mean.
Old 03-11-2002, 05:25 AM

Once again just to let you guys know I still have tan/dark brown for sell.These are the same ones you would get from leatherseats.com