5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 10:01 PM

Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Hey all,
Just wanted you to know that I posted a short writeup with some decent pics of my '00 SE! Finally got to finish off the roll of film and scanned them tonite, then wrote the html.

Lemme know what you think!

http://www.bowtiepower.com/maxima.html
Old 03-13-2002, 07:45 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Originally posted by TPI Monte SS
Hey all,
Just wanted you to know that I posted a short writeup with some decent pics of my '00 SE! Finally got to finish off the roll of film and scanned them tonite, then wrote the html.

Not bad, but 8' moldings and a SINK! Nice Monte!

You need at least one more MOD. A JWT(~$100) or $tealin(~$150) POP charger will pay for itself eventually since you don't need to buy air filters, just clean and reuse the K&N.

I think you'll like it.
Old 03-13-2002, 09:02 AM

Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Hey all,

hey, how much was it to install the power moonroof?
Old 03-13-2002, 09:08 AM
jjs

Good shots....

and write up! Like the clears...everytime I see a car with them, it makes me get one step closer to that change....

one really little thing, not a *****, just an observation...

Have to cringe a bit when I see 'bowtiepower' and 'maxima' on the same line!!

Old 03-13-2002, 02:30 PM
jjs

And people wonder why...

lot's of regulars have issues with newbies.

If it didn't come off the lot with it, from a single light bulb to an engine transplant...it is a friggin' mod. Stock is stock. Modded is modded. Granted, some times it might be helpful to have an appearance mod forum and a performance mod forum, but they are still modified stock vehicles.

By the way, it helps make your point if you use proper grammar and spelling....

Old 03-13-2002, 06:48 PM

Re: Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Originally posted by drudawg888

hey, how much was it to install the power moonroof?
The shop I used does all the sunroof installs for the local dealerships. They charge around $1000, which includes the glass/tracks, removing and modifying the headliner, and all the wiring. Its a super clean and thorough install. FWIW, the shop is licensed by ASC, who was responsible for the Buick GNX in 1987, and does most of the moonroof conversions for General Motors.
Old 03-13-2002, 06:55 PM

Re: Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Not bad, but 8' moldings and a SINK! Nice Monte!

You need at least one more MOD. A JWT(~$100) or $tealin(~$150) POP charger will pay for itself eventually since you don't need to buy air filters, just clean and reuse the K&N.

I think you'll like it.
Hey Ice, thanks for the advice. I think if I have some leftover tax return money, I'll build a cold-air intake system. I designed and installed one in my Monte after doing the fuel injection conversion, and it did make a nice difference.

Thanks for the compliment on my SS...I get the feeling some guys here don't really like it, 'cause its a "domestic." Truth is, I'm a "Car Guy", and don't favor one over the other. If it looks clean, rides and handles well, and has awesome power, I'll like it.
Old 03-13-2002, 08:52 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Hey Ice, thanks for the advice. I think if I have some leftover tax return money, I'll build a cold-air intake system. I designed and installed one in my Monte after doing the fuel injection conversion, and it did make a nice difference.

Thanks for the compliment on my SS...I get the feeling some guys here don't really like it, 'cause its a "domestic." Truth is, I'm a "Car Guy", and don't favor one over the other. If it looks clean, rides and handles well, and has awesome power, I'll like it.
Great, glad your still open to basic MODs. You don't need to go all out to still have some fun customizing your Max.

Yea, someday I hope to pick up a '87+ Camaro Z28 or a turbo Buick (GNX?). No domestic hating here. Just got whipped by a '01 Camaro SS a couple weeks ago and loved every friggen minute of it. Man was that fun to see. Check for my thread if your interested.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Let's try this again...
Old 03-14-2002, 10:17 AM

awesome u deleted all that stuff

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Let's try this again...
you are the man y2
Old 03-14-2002, 08:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Quick Webpage about my '00 SE

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Great, glad your still open to basic MODs. You don't need to go all out to still have some fun customizing your Max.

Yea, someday I hope to pick up a '87+ Camaro Z28 or a turbo Buick (GNX?). No domestic hating here. Just got whipped my a '01 Camaro SS a couple weeks ago and loved every friggen minute of it. Man was that fun to see. Check for my thread if your interested.
Yeah man, I hear ya! I won't go too crazy on the Max, just enough to keep me happy.

The Turbo Buicks are probably the most underestimated cars on the planet, especially the non-Grand Nationals. Same powerplant, but chrome bumpers, and different paint schemes. The GNX is a super-rare version of the GN, only 547 were built in 1987. They came with a different rear suspension, bigger rims and tires, and more work done to the motor...rated around 300hp stock. Each one has a numbered plate on the dash and some other goodies to prove its authenticity.

PS - Y2Kev, thanks for chopping all that BS out of this thread! I never thought it would cause such a controversy.