5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

the navigation option and 2k2 availability

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 08:10 PM

the navigation option and 2k2 availability

this is a very weird thing that happened to me tonight.
I went to MAJOR NISSAN on franklin Avenue on long island, NY with my father to look at and purchase a majestic blue max. SE auto w/ all options including navi. The dealer said that it would take 2-3 months to get a car with navi, especially a SE, and i was better off getting a GLE w/ a spoiler. I told him I wanted the SE suspension and side sills, and was not settling for a SE and asked him why he didnt even bother searching. Is a Auto SE w/ Navi really that hard to find? Does anyone on .org have their 2k2 w/ Navi? Can Navi be put in a car that comes w/o it from the factory by the dealer? ( a nissan navi system)

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 03-14-2002, 08:54 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

yes...

Its true.. Some people who ordered in Dec are just now getting their cars. I think the dealer just wanted to sell you what is on the lot. but yeah there is a long wait for some options.

Not everybody is entirely happy with the ordering process. Some orders got lost
Old 03-14-2002, 09:02 PM

Well Desielmo all Maxima models for 2002 come with the side sills bud.
Old 03-14-2002, 10:10 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: the navigation option and 2k2 availability

Originally posted by Desielmo
this is a very weird thing that happened to me tonight.
I went to MAJOR NISSAN on franklin Avenue on long island, NY with my father to look at and purchase a majestic blue max. SE auto w/ all options including navi. The dealer said that it would take 2-3 months to get a car with navi, especially a SE, and i was better off getting a GLE w/ a spoiler. I told him I wanted the SE suspension and side sills, and was not settling for a SE and asked him why he didnt even bother searching. Is a Auto SE w/ Navi really that hard to find? Does anyone on .org have their 2k2 w/ Navi? Can Navi be put in a car that comes w/o it from the factory by the dealer? ( a nissan navi system)

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks
Old 03-14-2002, 10:14 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Hi. I just picked up my Glacier White 2002 SE with navigation and an automatic ( because of my wife ). This one was the only one in San Diego, and it happened to be the color I wanted. I got it with every possible option for $29,700 . I've heard they are not easy to get. If your dealer wants to make a sale , he will get you one. There was a GLE on the lot with navigation and an automatic, buut I didnt want it. Good luck finding it . I love my car. It's been almost 2 weekss since I got it. That navigations is better than Acura's piece of crap system !
Old 03-14-2002, 10:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Desielmo

The dealer you went to is full of crap. I just bought a MajBlue 2k2 Max Se fully loaded w/nav from a dealer here in Austin, TX. As a matter a fact they made a huge boo boo and accidently ordered two of them both MajBlue and fully loaded. The dealer was South Point Nissan. This dealer even has a MajBlue GLE fully loaded w/navi. The phone number is 512-444-1400 ask for Mr. Art Ponce he is the Internet Sales Manager for the dealer. I know they are looking to get rid of it fast. I paid $29,500 and I believe the one he's got has wheel locks and some protectant package. I'm sure you can do better in price if you try. Give him a call and tell him Jeorge Galvan told you about the car and I'm sure he'll set you up. If you have any questions feel free to email me.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:13 AM

I couldn't get the nav because of availability... But I get lost alot. Anyone have pics of an alpine system in their max? (one that doesnt kill the cd changer)
Old 03-15-2002, 07:29 AM

Re: Re: the navigation option and 2k2 availability

Originally posted by kloogy
Hi. I just picked up my Glacier White 2002 SE with navigation and an automatic ( because of my wife ). This one was the only one in San Diego, and it happened to be the color I wanted. I got it with every possible option for $29,700 . I've heard they are not easy to get. If your dealer wants to make a sale , he will get you one. There was a GLE on the lot with navigation and an automatic, buut I didnt want it. Good luck finding it . I love my car. It's been almost 2 weekss since I got it. That navigations is better than Acura's piece of crap system !
I ordered mine Nov 13th. Fully loaded SE 6spd, nav, hlsd. Should be getting it next week. The dealer told me that it was taking so long because of the options I ordered... Specifically the nav system and hlsd. He said that Nissan did not expect to sell as many nav systems as they have so the orders were delayed. I kind of believe him because they have been very good to me so far..
Old 03-15-2002, 07:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: the navigation option and 2k2 availability

Originally posted by tomcat

I thought I heard or read somewhere that they had originally expected only 5% of the cars to have Nav systems.

Tomcat
Thats exactly what the dealer told me. Now they have just increased my trust in them. Let see when I need service there for the first time how they treat me????
Old 03-15-2002, 04:39 PM

got mine 1 week ago...

2K2 SE FULLY loaded, Grey Lustre. (Nav, Auto, Leather, Meridian, Mroof, Splash...etc)

Dealer was looking for 1 week & could not find it for me. I had to call different dealers within 20 mile radius. I finally found one 15 miles away. so i had them do a swap.

Yes, SE Load w/ Nav is a bit hard to find.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:01 PM

availability

When I bought my Maj. Blue SE in December the dealer told me that SE's are 1 in 200. They had 1 blue and 3 grey. Most of the dealers in my area only had black or grey.

The HLSD weren't available in December so I suspect that makes those models even more limited. I would call around just the same as you never know with sales people. He might not have considered you seriously.
Old 03-15-2002, 05:06 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Re: availability

No matter how long you wait. Get what you want. Like I said before, the Navigations sytem is awesome. You can search for specific restaurants, types of food, ATM's bowling and many other things, and once you find them , it will guide you by VOICE and display right to it ! Oh, and just for kicks ,,,, I SMOKED and Audi A4 today... You should have seen the look on the guys face ! And I have an automatic !
Old 03-17-2002, 02:01 PM

color combos make a difference too. Try finding a gray lustre on black SE with nav & heated seats in california -- or a black on black i35 sport with nav & heated seats. They said of course the winter package isn't in as much demand in SoCal... true.. but for $500-700 bucks, I want the damn heated seats!

I waited about a month while they searched for one being made (didn't want to wait the 6-8 weeks that i knew would turn into 3 - 4 months for special ordering).

Interesting thing I did find, however, certain colors (like silver) tend to get more of the expensive option combos so there's more of them in those certain colors. Gray Lustre was hard to find with leather half the time, and at the time they had absolutely 0 on the west coast in that color with Nav. crazy.
Old 03-18-2002, 03:28 PM

Why is Nissan making just about all the NAV cars special order, just make a few and put them out their like the TLS.