5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 03:44 PM

2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

just got in from the dyno today and the results supprised me greatly!!!

MAX HP: 230.8
MAX TORQUE: 234.0

not bad with just the frankencar intake, HKS rear section and a high flow cat!!!!

EMAX something must be wrong with your car man!!! i got 16 more hp!!

how do i post my dyno chart? i have a scanner but how do i get it on here?

will

do i hold the record for the 2k2 maxs for the hp?
Old 03-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

Originally posted by WILLSE

not bad with just the frankencar intake, HKS rear section and a high flow cat!!!!

will

damn nice man, i knew there was somethign up with emax's dynos. he has 1 more hp then me. i think you have the record for now till i do something crazy. those are real good numbers thoguh man, congrats.

-steve
Old 03-21-2002, 03:59 PM

Willse.Nice numbers.Is your HKS really loud and did you keep your stock muffler.Im looking for an exhaust but nothing to loud.Been thinking about the CAT but im still not sure if it's going to do anything for me.Any #'s without the CAT.Well thanks for any suggestions or info.
Old 03-21-2002, 04:14 PM

Props to u my friend

What high flow cat do you have?
What kind of dyno did u run it on?
Is it SAE corrected?

VERY impressive numbers getting close to 300 bhp
Old 03-21-2002, 04:21 PM

i'd be weary aobut a cat on the 02's though i've heard thety are special or somethign and use a new type of material that makes hp. not sure though. i'd like to see a beofre and after JUST a cat.

-steve
Old 03-21-2002, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by 20 MAXIMA 02
Props to u my friend

What high flow cat do you have?
What kind of dyno did u run it on?
Is it SAE corrected?

VERY impressive numbers getting close to 300 bhp
random tech high flow cat
SAE corrected dyno not sure what kind it even has the SAE on the dyno chart next to the hp and tq..... my HP accually maxed out at red line unlike a few other 2k2 dynos that i have seen the car just pulls and creats more power the higher it goes.... my other dyno makes max power at 5800ish and that was with the stillen intake and nothing else!!!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 04:26 PM

where's teh torque though, 17 more hp then me but 4 tq, its' just kinda weird.

-steve
Old 03-21-2002, 04:41 PM

Nice #s, let's see a CL-S get close to that
Old 03-21-2002, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88
where's teh torque though, 17 more hp then me but 4 tq, its' just kinda weird.

-steve
the torque is over 200 ft/lbs at 2100 rpms all the way thru about 5800 rpms and peaks at 3600 rpms!! nice use of torque through the power band too! my hp maxing out at red line puts daves theor that us 6 speeders should shift at 5800 rpms! i bring it to red line everytime!!!!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 04:43 PM

the torque is over 200 ft/lbs at 2100 rpms all the way thru about 5800 rpms and peaks at 3600 rpms!! nice use of torque through the power band too! my hp maxing out at red line puts daves theor that us 6 speeders should shift at 5800 rpms! i bring it to red line everytime!!!!

will
i dont' hold it all the way. it must be the exhaust cus emax does the same thing too. time for a muffler for me
Old 03-21-2002, 04:47 PM

i dont' hold it all the way. it must be the exhaust cus emax does the same thing too. time for a muffler for me
HKS sounds DAMN good with the stock set up and increases HP too so i would go with that! its not loud and doesnt drone the cabin when u r crusing the highway! i still dont know where i got the extra power from i had 212hp and 223 tq with the stillen intake only but now 230hp and 234tq with just a cat and muffler and the famous frankencar intake..... good for a 18hp gain combination to the wheels not bad if u ask me!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POST MY DYNO CHART!!!!!!!?????

will
Old 03-21-2002, 04:58 PM

HKS sounds DAMN good with the stock set up and increases HP too so i would go with that! its not loud and doesnt drone the cabin when u r crusing the highway! i still dont know where i got the extra power from i had 212hp and 223 tq with the stillen intake only but now 230hp and 234tq with just a cat and muffler and the famous frankencar intake..... good for a 18hp gain combination to the wheels not bad if u ask me!! DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO POST MY DYNO CHART!!!!!!!?????

will
email them to me and i wioll post them.

and it must be the frankencar intake
Old 03-21-2002, 05:10 PM

definately the intake .
Old 03-21-2002, 05:14 PM

email them to me and i wioll post them.

and it must be the frankencar intake
check ur mail!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 05:24 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Wow, nice numbers!
Old 03-21-2002, 05:30 PM

http://www.frankencar.com/stevesfold...lot%20will.jpg
Old 03-21-2002, 05:31 PM

What is the part # for the RT Cat?

I am going to order one,it sounds like a good mod.What is the part number for the Randon Tech. cat that you have and where can i buy it for a good price?
thanks
Old 03-21-2002, 05:44 PM
RussMaxManiac

Originally posted by mattattax
Nice #s, let's see a CL-S get close to that
Sure....it surpassed it in auto form.

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/attac...&postid=664891

Just headers and cai. 6spd will dyno probably 20-30 more hp than that. But of course you see one flaw all hondas have, not alot of TQ. But that may be due to a automatic since most autos do loose tq on.

Old 03-21-2002, 06:16 PM

Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

will

Will, how did you find the fitment for the hks rear section. I phoned hks and they said the 2k2 was different than the 2k1. Did you have to modify anything to make it work? Also what part number for refrence or model name is the hks rear section. Does it have the bigger dual tips?
Old 03-21-2002, 06:54 PM

Re: Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

Originally posted by freeze2k2

Will, how did you find the fitment for the hks rear section. I phoned hks and they said the 2k2 was different than the 2k1. Did you have to modify anything to make it work? Also what part number for refrence or model name is the hks rear section. Does it have the bigger dual tips?
ha they r lying it is the same one for the 2k1 no fitment problems or anything! just bolt it right up! y does everyone think that the 2k2 is a completly different car? all the parts are the same for the most part except the engine and tranny! they probably told u that bc that want to make something new and charge you more! same muffler as the 2k1 no bigger tips no adjustments to be made just bolt it on!!!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 07:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Will I feel a difference if I put on a RT high flow cat on my '01? I also want to get a y-pipe, but will keep stock muffler.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

ha they r lying it is the same one for the 2k1 no fitment problems or anything! just bolt it right up! y does everyone think that the 2k2 is a completly different car? all the parts are the same for the most part except the engine and tranny! they probably told u that bc that want to make something new and charge you more! same muffler as the 2k1 no bigger tips no adjustments to be made just bolt it on!!!

will
I never thought it was different. Damn hks-bs You got pics of your exhaust? Also is it dual tip?
Old 03-21-2002, 07:38 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

Originally posted by freeze2k2

I never thought it was different. Damn hks-bs You got pics of your exhaust? Also is it dual tip?
i wasnt sayin u in particular just companies and **** u know! i dont have pics of it on my car but i will take some soon! yes it is the dual tip and NO u wont feel a difference with just a high flow cat on a 2k1 (burton)!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 07:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

i wasnt sayin u in particular just companies and **** u know! i dont have pics of it on my car but i will take some soon! yes it is the dual tip and NO u wont feel a difference with just a high flow cat on a 2k1 (burton)!

will
you said that a week ago!

oh and go to the track.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:49 PM

Argh that ****es me off It's just not fair.. Back to the drawing board for me I guess, my theory for having less power then others is the combination intake setup I am using. My theory is the Stillen velocity stack and franken ram "together" cause turbulance. I have the full Franken intake setup now, maybe I will get my car dynoed again tomarrow and see if my theory is true or not.

Something else to mention, my car dynoed at 207.8 with my stillen/franken intake setup, about the same HP your car made with a intake. When I added my exhaust and RT cat I picked up 9 more HP. Maybe your other 9 HP over my gains can be contirbuted to swithcing to a full frankentake setup, WE WILL SEE!

But anyways congrats on the great #'s, it must feel good.
Old 03-21-2002, 07:57 PM

Originally posted by emax95
Argh that ****es me off It's just not fair.. Back to the drawing board for me I guess, my theory for having less power then others is the combination intake setup I am using. My theory is the Stillen velocity stack and franken ram "together" cause turbulance. I have the full Franken intake setup now, maybe I will get my car dynoed again tomarrow and see if my theory is true or not.

Something else to mention, my car dynoed at 207.8 with my stillen/franken intake setup, about the same HP your car made with a intake. When I added my exhaust and RT cat I picked up 9 more HP. Maybe your other 9 HP over my gains can be contirbuted to swithcing to a full frankentake setup, WE WILL SEE!

But anyways congrats on the great #'s, it must feel good.
hehe keep us informed!!! i would like to see if that is what is droping your numbers!!!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 08:21 PM

hehe keep us informed!!! i would like to see if that is what is droping your numbers!!!

will
As we speek I am cleaning my Stillen filter, I found a good amount of dirt in it, I have to put my stock wheels back on too. I hope I get a good berometer reading for tomarrow too! I just switched to synthetic too
Old 03-21-2002, 08:27 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Nice numbers!!! What kind of dyno is that and why does the dyno plot stop then go and stop and go? Was this actually a true "Dynojet 248" or was this some kind of other dyno machine? The reason I ask is because that doesn't look like a Dynojet program. Did the dyno have one roller or did the tires sit inside of two rollers? Honestly, I have a hard time believing a different style POP intake, muffler, and RT cat are gonna do that much, but that's just my opinion. Remember that all dynos read a little differently (even the same model) and that the dyno is a MEASURING device on which to gauge your car's mods. Comparing your numbers to someone elses 3 states away isn't very useful or accurate.

PLease take your car to the track because with those numbers, you should be well into the 13s at well over 100mph. Even if you're a crappy driver, your trap speeds will give an indication of the capability of your Maxima.

Dave
Old 03-21-2002, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Dave B
Nice numbers!!! What kind of dyno is that and why does the dyno plot stop then go and stop and go? Was this actually a true "Dynojet 248" or was this some kind of other dyno machine? The reason I ask is because that doesn't look like a Dynojet program. Did the dyno have one roller or did the tires sit inside of two rollers? Honestly, I have a hard time believing a different style POP intake, muffler, and RT cat are gonna do that much, but that's just my opinion. Remember that all dynos read a little differently (even the same model) and that the dyno is a MEASURING device on which to gauge your car's mods. Comparing your numbers to someone elses 3 states away isn't very useful or accurate.

I agree with every thing except that some of these different intake setups give drasticaly different HP #'s. One of the Canadian memebers dynoed his car stock and put down like 203 HP, then he dynoed the franken intake with a larger filter and his car did 217 FWHP! Then he used the franken intake and got like 212 FWHP or something. The dynoes were done on the same Dynojet one right after another(same day and all).

I agree about differnt states, different cars and differnt dynoes but none the less the gains should be simalar between one car and the next.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:41 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

PLease take your car to the track because with those numbers, you should be well into the 13s at well over 100mph. Even if you're a crappy driver, your trap speeds will give an indication of the capability of your Maxima.

Dave
just one big wheel for each side! i will call the shop tomorrow and ask which machine they have! i am takin my car to the track tomorrow accually! if there arnt alot of people there than i will run if there a lots like everyone thinks than i wont! i ran a 14.3 @ 96 last time i know what my car will do but i want to came home with a 13sec time slip!

will
Old 03-21-2002, 08:47 PM

Hey Will, post your dyno results in the sticky up above. BTW do you know the Bermoter reading and correction factor of your dyno?
Old 03-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

That sounds like a Dynojet machine. I'm still confused to why your plot looks like it does. Anyways, kick some butt out at the track. I see you're running in GA which typically doesn't have some of the quicker tracks because of the high humidity. I'm surprised you guys are racing because you guys got pounded with rain for a few days, right?

BTW, when I gained 10fwhp and lots more torque thru the upper rpms from a UDP and different y-pipe, my trap speeds went up over 3mph. It's weird. Last year I was only able to get a best trap speed of 94mph. This year I'm running 96-97mph consistently (same kind of conditions) and one run (in sig) was almost 98mph My 60 foots aren't near as good as last year, but I'm still quicker and MUCH faster. I just need to get some traction. Hopefully your car will respond like mine did to additional power.

Dave
Old 03-21-2002, 09:27 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!

will
I know, it seems we know more about other peoples products for our cars than the mfgs. themselves.
Old 03-22-2002, 05:23 AM

I'll be there with WILLSE, but since I still can't drive for **** I think I'm gonna have to pass on taking any runs.
Oh well, practice, practice, practice!
Old 03-22-2002, 06:33 AM

emax -

Where is your peak hp?

Are your plots up anywhere?
Old 03-22-2002, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Fazal
I'll be there with WILLSE, but since I still can't drive for **** I think I'm gonna have to pass on taking any runs.
you should still drive. you cant do any worse than i did.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:12 AM

Originally posted by Max_Gator
emax -

Where is your peak hp?

Are your plots up anywhere?
My lines are the same as his just a little lower. Heres a scanned pic of my graph.

Old 03-22-2002, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by Fazal
get internet access at the track so you can post 'em--yes, I'm that eager, no, I can't wait to see your times
Old 03-22-2002, 02:04 PM

Call me crazy but I just put on the supplied franken K&N filter and my car really feels like it is pulling harder! BTW I did not dyno today, it is to damn cold out! I want to dyno my car again when it's warmer and the correction factor does not come in to play(about 65 F)

I think that correction factor may over compinstate because I lost 8 FWHP because of 10 degrees of correction (.97 CF) I think that every car is effected differently by heat soak, my max actually put's down more HP the warmer it is(last runs always the best).
Old 03-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Maxtor

Looking at Will's dyno there seems to be a small blip near the end for HP. And torque barely touches its peak as well. All in all the numbers look great on paper but looking at the dynos they all seem pretty much the same. Glamour numbers really mean little and looks like you guys have to take it to the track!

Quick Reply: 2K2 DYNO w/ intake muffler and high flow cat!!!