5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

porche does flyby, BEFORE the race.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002, 07:15 AM

porche does flyby, BEFORE the race.....

was cruising on (SoCal) 605S from the 10frw. looked in rearview and saw this porche on the left of me gaining speed, darted to the right and was just gonna fly by on my right....it was on! there was a car in front of me, so had to, sounds funny, "wait" for this guy to pass, and already in third and as he passed, i jumped on his rear. i was hounding this guy with every lane change he made....i was surprised to even stay close, let alone being no more than one porche car lenght behind...this went on for like 6 seconds, saw an opening and i got in left lane to attempt to go by him, car in front, had to slow and he took right lane, caught up again and he eventually used an 18 wheeler to block me....my conclusion
1. it wasn't a boxster, this porche has rear horizontal air slits/vents.
2. why in the world would a porche, even if it was a boxster, do a fly by before any indication of a race?
3. hounding for that porche for six seconds, awhhhhhh priceless...
Old 03-26-2002, 08:25 AM
Very sound, Mike

Not to be an *ss or anything. But has it ever occurred to you that perhaps he wasn't instigating a race but was just in a hurry to go somewhere?

Or as most Porsche drivers i've seen here in Houston... just enjoying their sweet ride
Old 03-26-2002, 08:28 AM
jjs

Gotta agree....

when I am doing 80+ on I10 here in Houston, I am certainly not always bucking for a race...I just don't feel like farting away half my life behind traffic that has nothing better to do than put-put along!
Old 03-26-2002, 08:49 AM

hehe

You got beat by a porch?
Old 03-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: hehe

i didn't notice that LOL!

John, don't you just hate it now that most of the freeways are down to 55mph? Over here in the Kirby district and most of 59 it's actually faster to just take the feeder roads.

Originally posted by DenMax
You got beat by a porch?
Old 03-26-2002, 09:02 AM
jjs

Oh you know it bud!!

Fortunately, out by home (past Katy in Ft Bend county), they haven't gotten there yet so all is still 70.

I will never understand this move...our tax dollars at work!

I mean you get behind diesel belching trucks that can't get out of their own way sitting on highways during rushhour leaving huge toxic clouds just to inch forward a few feet, while those of us with well tuned emissions 'friendly' cars pay the price with lower speeds, which be definition means even MORE time on the highways and even more exhaust fumes, etc.

Never mind how much it is costing to re-sign all the roads which just got the signs a couple years ago!!

Sorry!!! Got long winded on that one, but thanks for letting me vent!!!

Old 03-26-2002, 09:09 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Oh you know it bud!!

vent all you want.

my take on this conspiracy theory is that the Houston government also would rather slow everybody down rather than fix all the potholes all over the City. That way people won't complain as much about their butts acting as shock absorbers

Old 03-26-2002, 09:49 AM

Originally posted by soundmike
Not to be an *ss or anything. But has it ever occurred to you that perhaps he wasn't instigating a race but was just in a hurry to go somewhere?

Or as most Porsche drivers i've seen here in Houston... just enjoying their sweet ride
it's ok for not being an *ss, but you can tell when a car wants to play with you. if you by chance have this porch, my version of porshe blows by you, drop to third and follow......and yes, that porch was a sweet looking ride....pc
Old 03-26-2002, 10:01 AM
Very sound, Mike

My bad. It's just that something similar happened to me before. I thought someone wanted to race with me... zoomed from behind me, lights flashing, lowered Integra with white "hid" lights (i had a civic then).

I could have sworn he was trying to race with me but i kept cool. Good thing i did, when he passed by i just noticed he had a lady on the rear seat looking like she's shouting. Next thing i knew he was exiting the freeway towards the hospital hehehehe

Originally posted by 2kseman

it's ok for not being an *ss, but you can tell when a car wants to play with you. if you by chance have this porch, my version of porshe blows by you, drop to third and follow......and yes, that porch was a sweet looking ride....pc
Old 03-26-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: Re: hehe

i didn't notice that LOL!

John, don't you just hate it now that most of the freeways are down to 55mph? Over here in the Kirby district and most of 59 it's actually faster to just take the feeder roads.

If you think 55 is slow how does 45 on freeways sound! In hawaii the fastest the speed limit ever gets is 55 and people are still driving 45! Can you imagine how slow that is?
Old 03-27-2002, 11:26 AM

My bad. It's just that something similar happened to me before. I thought someone wanted to race with me... zoomed from behind me, lights flashing, lowered Integra with white "hid" lights (i had a civic then).

I could have sworn he was trying to race with me but i kept cool. Good thing i did, when he passed by i just noticed he had a lady on the rear seat looking like she's shouting. Next thing i knew he was exiting the freeway towards the hospital hehehehe

yeah, i know what you mean about keeping your cool. i wouldn't normally bother if it was civic, integras, rsx's, etc...but man, it was a porsche.....my competivness in me saying, if i'm gonna run, i'm gonna run with the top dogs...i was surprised to even hang with him before he used an 18 wheeler as a screen.....
Old 03-27-2002, 11:30 AM
Very sound, Mike

He must've almost pee'd in his pants when he saw a car not even half the price of his car keep up with him

Originally posted by 2kseman

yeah, i know what you mean about keeping your cool. i wouldn't normally bother if it was civic, integras, rsx's, etc...but man, it was a porsche.....my competivness in me saying, if i'm gonna run, i'm gonna run with the top dogs...i was surprised to even hang with him before he used an 18 wheeler as a screen.....
Old 03-27-2002, 11:31 AM

Re: hehe

Originally posted by DenMax
You got beat by a porch?
lets see, if stand on my two feet and stomp on the porch, front and back, would that suffice it to say that i beat the porch?
Old 03-27-2002, 11:34 AM
Very sound, Mike

Re: Re: Re: hehe

I feel for ya. Yeah. 45 is slow. But think about it, 45 in a 55 isn't so bad.

But 70 (where people do 80 as a norm) to 55 (strictly enforced). That's like me getting your Max and replacing it with a bicycle. (figure of speech hehhe)

And remember, this is Houston! Where being on the roads a good chunk of your day is the way of life for Houstonians <g>

Originally posted by CIRCO

If you think 55 is slow how does 45 on freeways sound! In hawaii the fastest the speed limit ever gets is 55 and people are still driving 45! Can you imagine how slow that is?
Old 03-27-2002, 02:12 PM

He must've almost pee'd in his pants when he saw a car not even half the price of his car keep up with him

i don't know about him pee'n in his pants, but my palms were sweaty after that....man, i tell ya, what a rush.....i kept playing that whole 6 second scenario in my head over and over until i got to my destination 20 minutes later......honestly, i couldn't see the back of the dude's head, but i think this is close enough

on a side note, i heard more of the y-pipe than the intake after dropping to third.
Old 03-27-2002, 02:34 PM

Re: Re: Re: hehe

Originally posted by CIRCO

If you drive any faster than that in Hawaii, you'll miss a turn and end up in the surf.