5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Black or Frost?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2002, 07:48 PM

Black or Frost?

Which color do you all think is better?

Personally, I think the Frost blows the Black away!

I like it much better. It's not as intimidating or sporty as black with black leather, but I think Frost makes the Maxima much more elegant.

I'm asking this Question cause my mom will get a 02 pretty soon and I wanted to hear everyone's opinion.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:03 PM
RKS

Re: Black or Frost?

Originally posted by ArcticMax

I like it much better. It's not as intimidating or sporty as black with black leather, but I think Frost makes the Maxima much more elegant.

I'm asking this Question cause my mom will get a 02 pretty soon and I wanted to hear everyone's opinion.
I agree the frost is more elegant. We just picked up the majestic blue with frost leather. If we had decided on the sterling mist we would have picked the black. Luxury looks vs. sporty looks but underneath it's all good. I figure the blue will be even more of a sleeper to those unaware of 2K2 6Ms.
Old 03-27-2002, 08:11 PM

frost

I also have the blue with frost. I really like the color scheme. Although the frost is more of a light gray than a white (as frost would imply). Gray certainly doesn't hide anything though. Something to consider if you have small children (like I do).
Old 03-27-2002, 08:38 PM

Re: frost

Originally posted by ajahearn
I also have the blue with frost. I really like the color scheme. Although the frost is more of a light gray than a white (as frost would imply). Gray certainly doesn't hide anything though. Something to consider if you have small children (like I do).
yeah ive heard that the frost is much harder to keep clean (obviously) i actually havent gotten to see frost leather in person. come to think of it, i havent seen any pictures either. anyone got any pictures of their car i can see?
Old 03-27-2002, 09:51 PM

I think the frost makes the inside feel larger. The black feels a little cramped...but I like it.

Tony
Old 03-28-2002, 01:16 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have frost and I like it. Could of had black, but my last car had black and I hated it, specially in the heat...

IMHO:
Black is very sporty, but ( like others are saying ) frost is elegant.
Old 03-28-2002, 04:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

If it gets very hot where you live, do yourself a favor and get frost even if it is harder to keep clean. I live in Alabama and I have a 4th gen with black leather and I dread sitting on that leather in the summer (especially in a wool suit )
Old 03-28-2002, 05:15 AM

I like the black and frost...but...frost is a ***** to keep clean!
Old 03-28-2002, 05:17 AM

I bought a super black exterior with a frost interior earlier this month. Black on black didn't make sense to me and I like the contrast. My first exterior color choice was majestic blue. In that case, I would have wanted the black interior.

I am too concerned with the maintenance issues noted by other posters. Black will hide just about anything whereas frost won't. And I have two kids under 9, so of course they must put on their sterilized space suits before entering my car

I agree that black would crank up the heat index on a hot summer day, but a few minutes of A/C should take of that, I would think.

Tough call: elegance vs. keeping it clean. Only your Mom can decide...
Old 03-28-2002, 05:37 AM

Black + Tint = Not too bad!
Old 03-28-2002, 05:41 AM

2 tone is elegant AND sporty

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattattax

pics never do it justice though
Old 03-28-2002, 06:03 AM

Re: Re: Black or Frost?

Originally posted by mattattax

2 tone is elegant AND sporty

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mattattax

pics never do it justice though
your leather seats look sweet! how much did you pay for that?
Old 03-28-2002, 06:32 AM

Re: Re: Re: Black or Frost?

Originally posted by 00Semaxi

your leather seats look sweet! how much did you pay for that?
thanks, I don't remember as it was blended with the total $$ of the car
Old 03-28-2002, 06:42 AM
jjs

Went with the black....

'cuz I didn't think I could live with the 'buzy-ness' of the multicolored frost panels over the long haul...

Not sure if the Frost interior in the 2002's are more uniform, but the multiple colors of the 2001 turned me off...
Old 03-28-2002, 06:42 AM
Very sound, Mike

I have to vouch for Mattatax. I saw his set-up and it looks waaaayyy better in person.

Anyway, i have a Maj. Blue w/ Frost (cloth) interior. My thoughts:

1) Makes the interior feel more spacious. I used to have a charcoal black interior in my previous car (black on black) and though it feels and looks sporty i hate having to dust it off every now and then.

2) I live in Houston, black is just too much of a heat absorber. Sure the A/C can handle it but if you park your car under the heat for extended periods of time and blast your A/C up to cool it back down while you're driving you also lose performance

Besides, who would want to burn their butts off?

3) As for maintenance issues, my only gripe is the frost carpet that easily gets dirty and is tough to clean. Otherwise i have no problem whatsoever. In fact i feel, again after owning a car with black int., the frost is so much easier to maintain (or at least let it look clean).