5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Crash the max, Grrrr....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 04:52 PM

Crash the max, Grrrr....

Hey guys, I was on my way back from Ikea, driving on the service road passed an exit ramp that merge with the SR, this moron accelerate and try to cut in front of me but there is no space and traffic is not moving but he kept pushing it without using flasher and ignoring a big Yield sign I'm like WTF he's half a car behind me so there is no way he can jump on me but instead he scrape the side of the max, I was really pi$$ed off, so I basically walk out the car and knock in the guy windows he then suddently start to give me $hit asking me why I didn't let him pass, I told him cuz I was in front of him the entire time, and he had a Yield sign to respect which he didn't. To some point he was very arrogant, so I told him to come down and face his responsability, so after his wife start to talk with him in Arabic, he made an appology and agree to pay for my damage cuz he didn't wanted to advise his insurance. Why the F*** people use the exit ramp and accelerate when we are suppose to slow down. Anyway just needed to vent a bit, I'm so pi$$ed, this accident could have been avoid if this moron would have respected the law.

Cheers

AA
Old 04-01-2002, 04:56 PM

Re: Crash the max, Grrrr....

Originally posted by doublea
Hey guys, I was on my way back from Ikea, driving on the service road passed an exit ramp that merge with the SR, this moron accelerate and try to cut in front of me but there is no space and traffic is not moving but he kept pushing it without using flasher and ignoring a big Yield sign I'm like WTF he's half a car behind me so there is no way he can jump on me but instead he scrape the side of the max, I was really pi$$ed off, so I basically walk out the car and knock in the guy windows he then suddently start to give me $hit asking me why I didn't let him pass, I told him cuz I was in front of him the entire time, and he had a Yield sign to respect which he didn't. To some point he was very arrogant, so I told him to come down and face his responsability, so after his wife start to talk with him in Arabic, he made an appology and agree to pay for my damage cuz he didn't wanted to advise his insurance. Why the F*** people use the exit ramp and accelerate when we are suppose to slow down. Anyway just needed to vent a bit, I'm so pi$$ed, this accident could have been avoid if this moron would have respected the law.

Cheers

AA

that sucks, man. i hate people who can't drive. how bad is the scrape?
Old 04-01-2002, 05:02 PM

**** AA,

That sucks man. I *would* get the insurance involved. I've heard people getting screwed that way.

Good luck.
rerunn
Old 04-01-2002, 05:04 PM

Re: Re: Crash the max, Grrrr....

Originally posted by drudawg888

that sucks, man. i hate people who can't drive. how bad is the scrape?
The driver door and front wing but not shure though, it was dark so I will investigate it tommorow morning, I think it might just be scratches, if I'm lucky enough may be a compound will fix it. Keep you informed tommorow.

Thanks for listening.

Cheers

AA
Old 04-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did you get something in writing confirming what he said? I would as soon as possible, or else he could end up screwing you. I had a similar incident happen to me, and the only reason I didn't go to insurance was because she agreed to write and sign a note taking full responsibility in front of witnesses. Good luck with it.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Better to be safe than sorry I suggest going through the insurance. It's his fault so you got nothing to lose other than not getting enough money to fix up your car the right way.
Old 04-01-2002, 07:23 PM

This is quickly becoming my #1 peeve. The worst is when people on the highway slam their brakes to let some jacka$$ in who didn't even look for traffic.
Old 04-01-2002, 08:55 PM

Originally posted by doublea
after his wife start to talk with him in Arabic, he made an appology and agree to pay for my damage cuz he didn't wanted to advise his insurance. Why the F*** people use the exit ramp and accelerate when we are suppose to slow down. Anyway just needed to vent a bit, I'm so pi$$ed, this accident could have been avoid if this moron would have respected the law.

Cheers

AA
GET THE INSURANCE COMPANY INVOLVED!!
Old 04-01-2002, 09:35 PM

becareful doublea he might try to screw you and not admit it later on as if nothing happened
Old 04-01-2002, 10:17 PM

That sucks...BUT good for you for holding your ground. I've backed off a few times in similar situations (only without the yield sign). Considering that there was a yield sign, I probably would've put my front end into the stupid f*cker's rear quarter panel after he hit.

If there's no deductable, I say go though the insurance, tell them he tried to get you to not report it and do it under the table, and get some really high estimates. Ya know...screw him over and hook yourself up.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:50 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Definitely get your insurance company involved. This guy seem like he would screw you over. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:36 AM
You're Faster, I'm Better

At least

At least when he side swiped you he didn't run...

Mine didn't get away....
Old 04-02-2002, 09:27 AM

Definately tell his insurance company. You should even file a police report.