5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Headers or no headers?

Old 04-04-2002, 02:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Headers or no headers?

I called Stillen today and asked them if they were coming out with headers for the 2000-2002 Maxima's and the guy said no. WTF; what do they mean no. Stillen needs to get their act together. Since i've owned a Maxima they have given me different stories everytime. The guy told me the same thing that he had told me 10 months ago, "No sir no headers will be made since the Maxima's hp and tq gain is so little. It's just not cost effective." Now he did say that Stillen was supposed to make a y-pipe very shortly for the 2k2. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see whose sales rep is lying and who's is telling the truth. For all our sakes I hope that mine his lying and that the headers really do come out and do yeild at least 6hp or more at the wheels.
Old 04-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It wouldn't surprise me if Stillen doesn't make headers for the 2K2 Maxima. To the best of my knowledge, they have never made headers for any generation of Maxima.

On the other hand, Stillen has been making Y-pipes for the Maxima for some time. So it's reasonable to assume that they'll make a Y-pipe for the 2K2.
Old 04-04-2002, 04:06 PM
All YOUR grammer belong to me

Re: Headers or no headers?

Originally posted by 1BADMAX
I called Stillen today and asked them if they were coming out with headers for the 2000-2002 Maxima's and the guy said no. WTF; what do they mean no. Stillen needs to get their act together. Since i've owned a Maxima they have given me different stories everytime. The guy told me the same thing that he had told me 10 months ago, "No sir no headers will be made since the Maxima's hp and tq gain is so little. It's just not cost effective." Now he did say that Stillen was supposed to make a y-pipe very shortly for the 2k2. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see whose sales rep is lying and who's is telling the truth. For all our sakes I hope that mine his lying and that the headers really do come out and do yeild at least 6hp or more at the wheels.
1BADMAX you never answered my challange to a race over in your "why does everyone diss 5th auto's" thread
Old 04-04-2002, 04:53 PM

Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Originally posted by Craig Mack

1BADMAX you never answered my challange to a race over in your "why does everyone diss 5th auto's" thread
Not just yes, but hell yes. Do I think youR car can beat my car; why hell no. Do I think my car can beat your car; why hell yes. But, on a serious note I will race you although you'll probably blow my doors off. You'll have to wait though because i'm stationed in Korea right now and will either be returning in October or December depending on wether I reenlist to stay or not. So until then keep modding your car because you're going to need it when you race 1BADMAX.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Not just yes, but hell yes. Do I think youR car can beat my car; why hell no. Do I think my car can beat your car; why hell yes.:lauh: But, on a serious note I will race you although you'll probably blow my doors off. You'll have to wait though because i'm stationed in Korea right now and will either be returning in October or December depending on wether I reenlist to stay or not. So until then keep modding your car because you're going to need it when you race 1BADMAX.:gapteeh:
Damn bro I forgot your in the Military...well take care of your self over there.

Man..October...December!? That's soo far away...bro.. by then I will have added a 5-speed implant, headers, and possibly a turbocharger..on top of all the crap I have now...against your stock 2k1 automagic ..No wonder I don't see you around.. you still live in Winter park right? Lake Lily is a good place to light it up My school (orangewood) is like 5 minutes away from there..near the JCC.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:56 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Damn bro I forgot your in the Military...well take care of your self over there.

Man..October...December!? That's soo far away...bro.. by then I will have added a 5-speed implant, headers, and possibly a turbocharger..on top of all the crap I have now...against your stock 2k1 automagic ..No wonder I don't see you around.. you still live in Winter park right? Lake Lily is a good place to light it up My school (orangewood) is like 5 minutes away from there..near the JCC.
Hey craig, do you already have a place thats gonna do the auto to manual swap?
I have an autotragic and have been askin around for shops that have any experience w/ this but since I live down south the answer Im given the most is"you can trade your car in for a standard".fill me in. I imagine this will cost upwards to 3 grand but to me it would be worth it.
Old 04-04-2002, 06:20 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Originally posted by ChillWill2000

Hey craig, do you already have a place thats gonna do the auto to manual swap?
I have an autotragic and have been askin around for shops that have any experience w/ this but since I live down south the answer Im given the most is"you can trade your car in for a standard".fill me in. I imagine this will cost upwards to 3 grand but to me it would be worth it.
I have hook-ups here in Florida...some guy is helping me out...it's gonna cost about 1/3rd that at around 1200.

maybe if your close to stock i'd trade it in. The only reason i'm converting is becuase i've already got so many mods.

You work at a skatepark...Nice...
Old 04-04-2002, 06:29 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Yes my parents and my car for now are in Winter Park off 426/Aloma Ave. going towards the East/West or Greenway; whatever it is. In fact if you ever see a black 2k1 Maxima with the front liscence plate saying 1BADMAX then that's my car and my Dad should be driving. He only drives it once a week just to keep the engine in good shape. When I get back i'm going to get y-pipe, UD pulley, frankencar intake, maybe the VB mod and some suspension mods which you can help me put on...lol. By the way I would still like to race you even if you get the turbo and 5spd. Just to see how bad I would lose. I'm sure we would both get a good laugh at how bad you'll smoke me.
Old 04-04-2002, 06:35 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Headers or no headers?

Yes my parents and my car for now are in Winter Park off 426/Aloma Ave. going towards the East/West or Greenway; whatever it is. In fact if you ever see a black 2k1 Maxima with the front liscence plate saying 1BADMAX then that's my car and my Dad should be driving. He only drives it once a week just to keep the engine in good shape. When I get back i'm going to get y-pipe, UD pulley, frankencar intake, maybe the VB mod and some suspension mods which you can help me put on...lol. By the way I would still like to race you even if you get the turbo and 5spd. Just to see how bad I would lose. I'm sure we would both get a good laugh at how bad you'll smoke me.:lauh:

Sounds good..
Old 04-04-2002, 07:30 PM

Wait for NISMO (I Hope)
Old 04-04-2002, 08:31 PM

supposedly Dead at stillen told a few .org people that headers were currently being developed. why would you lie about it either way? still stillen isnt making headers why would you say yes? no one can buy what you dont have. if stillen is making headers, why would you say no and ruin a potential sale? it doesnt make sense.