5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow....What should I make sure I get or ask for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 09:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow....What should I make sure I get or ask for?

getting my windows tinted all around from ziebart auto glass here in chicago. I got a deal for $175 (not sure if its a deal but he claims he's hooking me up). I know I want a light tint all around, & he's going to be using metalized tint (which he says is the best tint out there). Comes w/ lifetime warranty too.
--Please let me know if this is a good deal & if metalized tint is the best, & what else to make sure I get or ask for.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2002, 09:16 AM

Re: I'm getting my windows tinted tomorrow....What should I make sure I get or ask for?

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
getting my windows tinted all around from ziebart auto glass here in chicago. I got a deal for $175 (not sure if its a deal but he claims he's hooking me up). I know I want a light tint all around, & he's going to be using metalized tint (which he says is the best tint out there). Comes w/ lifetime warranty too.
--Please let me know if this is a good deal & if metalized tint is the best, & what else to make sure I get or ask for.

Thanks
$175 for 5 windows is a good deal. I paid more at Ziebart for mine, but then again, there isn't that much competition up here in the twin cities...so they charge a little more. I was under the impression though that Ziebart's metallized tint was warrantied for 10 years...although that is basically lifetime.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sounds like a good deal, I got mine for 200 w/ a lifetime warranty. I am not sure about the brand of tint, but a nice light tint all around looks sick on white! It is my favorite appearance mod.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:19 AM

yea it is good that is what i got looks great when the sun hits it at the right angle
i only paid $160
that was in sc
Old 04-05-2002, 09:50 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

ask..

that they not cut your diversity antenna on the back glass
Old 04-05-2002, 10:31 AM

Hey guys, do the tiny windows on the rear doors count as part of the rear door windows, or are they separate? It would be the difference between a 5-window job and a 7-window job!
Old 04-05-2002, 11:01 AM

Re: ask..

Originally posted by TimW
that they not cut your diversity antenna on the back glass
does the 5th gen have a diversity antenna? (acutally what is a diversity antenna?)...

Thanks everyone for the info so far...
Old 04-05-2002, 11:28 AM

TINT

I work for a Ziebart and we count the the 1/4 windows on the rear doors as separate windows. If you want a light tint, go for the 50% metalized film. The metalized is the best and looks nice.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:32 AM

Re: Re: ask..

does the 5th gen have a diversity antenna? (acutally what is a diversity antenna?)...
It's the antennae that's engrained on the rear window with the defroster lines.

Also make sure they don't tint the dot matrix on the upper rear window. The dealer tinted mine and it didn't adhere as well, causing lots of bubbles.
Old 04-05-2002, 11:49 AM

Tint

It's a good deal, but get at least 35%. If u get pulled over at night remember to immediately put the inside light on, and oh yes, DO tint the sunroof with i'd say 20% for extra $20-25, i did mine with the same 35% and u can hardly tell. Oh, and my whole rear window is one piece.
Good luck
Old 04-05-2002, 12:30 PM

Re: Tint

Originally posted by THEKNITE
It's a good deal, but get at least 35%. If u get pulled over at night remember to immediately put the inside light on, and oh yes, DO tint the sunroof with i'd say 20% for extra $20-25, i did mine with the same 35% and u can hardly tell. Oh, and my whole rear window is one piece.
Good luck
In most states 35% is illegal, just so he understands. I actually have 35% all around and have only been pulled over once in almost 2 years for it. Also the percentage is the amount of light it lets in so the lower the number the darker. Oh btw, $175 is a good deal for premium tint.
Old 04-05-2002, 01:45 PM

Re: TINT

Originally posted by Rott42
I work for a Ziebart and we count the the 1/4 windows on the rear doors as separate windows. If you want a light tint, go for the 50% metalized film. The metalized is the best and looks nice.
-Thanks for clearifying that metalized is the best

Also make sure they don't tint the dot matrix on the upper rear window. The dealer tinted mine and it didn't adhere as well, causing lots of bubbles.
-Will make sure of that
Old 04-05-2002, 02:26 PM

i got the madaco cool chrome tint i love it life time warenty also i only had to pay 115 to get mine tinted
Old 04-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: TINT

-Thanks for clearifying that metalized is the best

-Will make sure of that
Like TimW said, make sure they don't tint over the dots(top portion and edges) on the BACK window it looks like crap. Each dot looks like an air bubble.

Also, get the sunroof and windshield done in LIMO black tint.

The factory tint on the windshield will show through if you don't get a darker tint and the metallic tint comes down farther. It looks great even though the sides are Metallic tint. Plus, you don't really need to use sunvisors. I also say do the sunroof, because otherwise the sun shines through too damn bright when the cover is slid back. I like to leave the cover back all the time, but during the day the sun shines through too bright and I have the DARKEST metallic tint(read ILLEGAL) on everything except the LIMO black windshield stripe.

BTW, $175 sounds good.
Old 04-05-2002, 03:50 PM
lcf

Re: Re: Re: TINT

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Like TimW said, make sure they don't tint over the dots(top portion and edges) on the BACK window it looks like crap. Each dot looks like an air bubble.

Also, get the sunroof and windshield done in LIMO black tint.

The factory tint on the windshield will show through if you don't get a darker tint and the metallic tint comes down farther. It looks great even though the sides are Metallic tint. Plus, you don't really need to use sunvisors. I also say do the sunroof, because otherwise the sun shines through too damn bright when the cover is slid back. I like to leave the cover back all the time, but during the day the sun shines through too bright and I have the DARKEST metallic tint(read ILLEGAL) on everything except the LIMO black windshield stripe.

BTW, $175 sounds good.
i thought about getting my winshield tinted also but decided to leave it stock. i decided i didnt want the drastic look of dark tint to clear glass. the sun does shine in my eyes, but thats what sunglasses are for!

Old 04-05-2002, 06:02 PM

Re: Re: Tint

Originally posted by Blackgums100

In most states 35% is illegal, just so he understands. I actually have 35% all around and have only been pulled over once in almost 2 years for it. Also the percentage is the amount of light it lets in so the lower the number the darker. Oh btw, $175 is a good deal for premium tint.
ive got 20% all around on mine and ive never been messed with but on my last car i had 5% and got 3 fix-it tickets