5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New Info on Fiber Image Carbon Fiber Hoods...long.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 07:09 PM

New Info on Fiber Image Carbon Fiber Hoods...long.

OK so I spoke to the distributor and here is the info:
1. The hoods will cost $550(retail is $699)
2. We need a total of 11 buyers in order to get this deal.
3. The hoods will be a exact replica of our stock hoods.(no scoop/vents)
4. The hoods do not come with hood pins, this is an option that you could add on your own.
5. Shipping will be done anywhere in the states & Canada.
6. Who ever donates their hood to Fiber Image, will receive a free hood.(must only pay for shipping)
7. Hoods will use all stock laches so no modifications will be needed.
8. According to Fiber Image the fitting should be exact as our stock hoods.
9. This is an idea just in case we cant get someone to donate their hood: Courtesy Nissan gave me a price for a brand new hood that we could have shipped to Fiber Image if no one can give up their stock hood. If we all chip in we could get this hood and instead of someone getting a free hood then the difference would be discounted for the rest of the hoods. The price for a new hood from Courtesy is $350 shipped to Fiber Image.
10. If anyone is interested in this deal please email me your Name, Contact #, and a shipping address so I could give shipping costs. We already have about 3 certain buyers including myself.
11. Here is my contact info just incase anyone has any questions: Email: jhans114@msn.com/ #305-342-4859cell. Please only serious inquiries, if you just have questions feel free to PM me.
Thanks guys for all your cooperation.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:32 PM
Pointy Elbows

Re: New Info on Fiber Image Carbon Fiber Hoods...long.

I would get one, but my car is a daily driver and having to switch hoods for the winter would be a real pain in the A$$.

Old 04-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So how much of a weight saving's should we expect? Is it only about 15 lb's? If I was to get one I would do it to save weight and actualy paint the hood body colored.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:05 PM

1. What about the holes for the nozzles?

2. Tell me the $550 includes shipping. The prices for the 4th gen GD included shipping .. & they only need 6 people to get it to $560 shipped! See below.

$600 for 1-2
$575 for 3-5
6+ $560
all prices come shipped

It's a
Originally posted by jhans114
4. The hoods do not come with hood pins, this is an option that you could add on your own.
6. Who ever donates their hood to Fiber Image, will receive a free hood.(must only pay for shipping)
9. This is an idea just in case we cant get someone to donate their hood: Courtesy Nissan gave me a price for a brand new hood that we could have shipped to Fiber Image if no one can give up their stock hood. If we all chip in we could get this hood and instead of someone getting a free hood then the difference would be discounted for the rest of the hoods. The price for a new hood from Courtesy is $350 shipped to Fiber Image.
10. If anyone is interested in this deal please email me your Name, Contact #, and a shipping address so I could give shipping costs. We already have about 3 certain buyers including myself.
11. Here is my contact info just incase anyone has any questions: Email: jhans114@msn.com/ #305-342-4859cell. Please only serious inquiries, if you just have questions feel free to PM me.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:09 PM

Im going to verify if the price for the hood includes the shipping, but the difference between our hood and the 4th gen is that they have to actually make the mold for ours and they already had the mold made. Im going to speak with them again tommorow. Any further questions would be appreciated. And about the nozzle for the washer that would have to be custom because the carbon fiber hoods dont have holes for washers.
Old 04-18-2002, 08:23 PM

Im going to verify if the price for the hood includes the shipping, but the difference between our hood and the 4th gen is that they have to actually make the mold for ours and they already had the mold made. Im going to speak with them again tommorow. Any further questions would be appreciated. And about the nozzle for the washer that would have to be custom because the carbon fiber hoods dont have holes for washers.
Nozzle holes ... what're we supposed to do then? Do we have to pay them extra for these holes or are we expected to puncture them ourselves? Appreciate you setting this up ... if that's shipped ... then I'm almost in .. gotta find out about my two toronto buddies ...
Old 04-18-2002, 08:54 PM

Originally posted by ohboiya

Nozzle holes ... what're we supposed to do then? Do we have to pay them extra for these holes or are we expected to puncture them ourselves? Appreciate you setting this up ... if that's shipped ... then I'm almost in .. gotta find out about my two toronto buddies ...
Yup about the nozzle holes. Most people that get CF hoods get rid of thier nozzles except for the ones that make the holes themselves. I plan on making the holes for the nozzles and the hood pins. Ill let you know tommorow about the price if it includes shipping.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

my max spends a lotta down time... how much would it cost to ship a hood? fiberimages is LA right? damn, if i was there, id give them mine.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:16 PM

if theyre in LA...i might beable to get them my hood.i live in Nor-cali and if i can qualify for the free hood..and i can work out something with my cousin with using his car...i can ship it!. Also..do i get my stock hood back?
Old 04-18-2002, 09:40 PM
The Definitive AE Master

I live in L.A. and would be interested in donating my hood. I PM'ed you, please reply when you have time.
Old 04-18-2002, 09:54 PM

And for the weight savings? You would expect this to be a important question since that's the whole point of this hood
Old 04-18-2002, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by emax95

And for the weight savings? You would expect this to be a important question since that's the whole point of this hood
Dont have the exact numbers but you should save anywhere from 50-80lbs.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:51 PM

Dont have the exact numbers but you should save anywhere from 50-80lbs.
If I can save at least 50 lb's then definatly count me in! When you talk to F.I. ask them for a close approx. of the weight saving and let me know! Thanks BTW just to make sure, can I paint the CF hood body colored? I think I heard you could.
Old 04-18-2002, 10:59 PM

Originally posted by emax95

If I can save at least 50 lb's then definatly count me in! When you talk to F.I. ask them for a close approx. of the weight saving and let me know! Thanks BTW just to make sure, can I paint the CF hood body colored? I think I heard you could.
Im pretty sure you could paint them because I was actually thinking of painting it black but I might keep it CF for a while. Looks pretty cool
Old 04-19-2002, 11:36 AM

i'm totoally interested in a cf hood....will they be seling them afterwards to the aftermarket or is a once in a lifetime deal?
Old 04-19-2002, 12:53 PM

Originally posted by myktek
i'm totoally interested in a cf hood....will they be seling them afterwards to the aftermarket or is a once in a lifetime deal?
Even after this Group deal I will be able get the Fiber Image hoods. Just contact me at a later date and I ll see what I can do for you. This is a deal to get them to make the mold and give us a discount but once they have the mold then they will be available for good.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Even after this Group deal I will be able get the Fiber Image hoods. Just contact me at a later date and I ll see what I can do for you. This is a deal to get them to make the mold and give us a discount but once they have the mold then they will be available for good.

cool because I don't have the money for one now but later on down the road would like to see pics on a dark car first.
Old 04-20-2002, 05:18 AM

Just to get this straight for myself, you say that instead of paying $550 and getting the CF hood directly from these guys, we can buy a new hood for cheap from Nissan, send it to these guys and get a CF hood free or at least fr the cost of buying a new hoodfrom Courtesy?
Holla...

Deac
Old 04-21-2002, 09:41 PM

so.......we gonna get the ball rolling on this?
Old 05-01-2002, 11:03 PM

dammit..i cant pay for the hood due to circumstances..but im still gonna consider one after everyone else gets theirs and i save enough money....just keep this in mind.... Carbon Hood issue..
Old 05-01-2002, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
keep this in mind.... Carbon Hood issue..
Even after reading that post .. you'd consider buying a FI CF hood?

Take a look at FI's response to reading about some of the problems with their hoods.

WE AT FIBER IMAGES WILL RESEARCH THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED TO MATTHEWS HOOD,WE NEVER SAID THAT HE WAS AT FAULT,HOWEVER I DID SAY THAT WE WOULD HAVE TO LOOK IN TO IT.I DID TELL HIM THAT ITS VERY UNUSUAL THAT HAPPENED,BECAUSE NORMALLY THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO NOT CLOSE YOUR HOOD LATCH PROPERLY,AND YES WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND THE USE OF HOOD PINS,REASON BEING THAT IT IS NOT A FACTORY BUILT PRODUCT IT IS AN AFTERMARKET PRODUCT THAT WEIGH LESS THAN HALF OF WHAT YOUR STOCK HOODS WEIGH.I ALSO RECOMMEND TO THE CUSTOMER THAT DOES NOT LIKE USING HOOD PINS TO USE THEIR ORIGINAL WEATHER STRIPPING TO PREVENT AIR SEEPING IN AND CAUSING THE HOOD TO VIBRATE,AND THATS ALOT OF PRESSURE FOR A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT HOOD.PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL OUR PRODUCT WE DO CARRY IS FOR OFF ROAD USE ONLY,IT IS STATED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITION LETTER THAT COMES WITH YOUR HOOD.IM VERY SUPRISED TO SEE ALL THE BAD MOUTHING OF OUR COMPANY.ON YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS LETTER IT STATES THAT YOU HAVE 48 HOURS TO REPORT ANY DAMAGES AND OR DEFFECTS,IF YOU WERE NOT HAPPY DUE TO BLEMISHES YOU SHOULD HAVE REPORTED THEM AND WE WOULD HAVE GLADLY REPLACED THE PRODUCT.WE HAVE A CUSTOMER ALSO ON THIS SITE BAD MOUTHING OUR COMPANY WHO WE TOOK CARE OF RIGHT AWAY,HE RECEIVED A HOOD THAT HAD A FLAW AND ON TOP OF THAT RECEIVED IT CRACKED FROM SHIPPING WE REPLACED IT IMMEDIATELY,HE NEVER CALLED US BACK AND SAID THAT THE HOOD WAS OF NO SATISFACTION TO HIM AND THAT IT DID NOT FIT.I THINK ITS VERY UNETHICAL TO BAD MOUTH US ABOUT OUR PRODUCT AND NEVER INFORM US OF YOUR DISSATISFACTION.....AND ALOT WHAT WAS SAID TODAY IS VERY UNTRUE I WAS NOT PRACTICALLY YELLING AT THE CUSTOMER.......WE HAVE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS THAT WITHIN A FEW MONTHS HAVE PURCHASED OUR HOODS,WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS HOW MANY OF YOU OUT THERE HAS A HOOD THAT HAS COME APART ON YOU,BECAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST WE'VE HEARD OF THIS....FOR THOSE OF YOU CLAIMING TO HAVE FLAWS AND OR BLEMISHES DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO CALL US AND INFORM US OF THIS PROBLEM APPARENTLY IT WAS NOT THAT BIG OF AN ISSUE,WERE TRYING TO ESTABLISH A COMPANY THAT WILL BE HERE IN THE LONG RUN,WERE NOT HERE TO JUST MAKE QUICK CASH AND DISAPPEAR,WE TRY TO HELP OUT ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT WANT PRODUCTS FOR THE CARS THATS IMPOSSIBE TO GET SO WE HAVE GROUP BUYS PUT TOGETHER TO GET THE PRODUCT MADE FOR YOU AT A REASONABLE PRICE,WE KNOW THAT WE CANT SATISFY EVERYONE BUT WE TRY OUR BEST.WE CURRENTLY HAVE A GROUP BUY GOING ON FOR THE 89-94 MAXIMAS RIGHT NOW,FOR THOSE WHO ARE INVOLVED PLEASE CALL US AT YOUR CONVIENENCE TO CONFIRM YOUR ORDERS,OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON THE PRODUCT YOUR GOING TO PURCHASE...661-274-9500