5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

my first post :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 09:33 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

my first post :)

hey guys, i just registered over here at the .org and i been a member over at the AFs for a while now but i got a quick question. Ok i got a 2000 max auto se and i have the stillen intake and exhaust. now i want the y-pipe and the RT high flow cat. Will i pass emissions and how loud will it get??? also does anyone just sell the b pipe for the 5th gens yet or what??? thanx guys
Old 04-20-2002, 10:16 PM

Re: my first post :)

Originally posted by scmaxima2k
hey guys, i just registered over here at the .org and i been a member over at the AFs for a while now but i got a quick question. Ok i got a 2000 max auto se and i have the stillen intake and exhaust. now i want the y-pipe and the RT high flow cat. Will i pass emissions and how loud will it get??? also does anyone just sell the b pipe for the 5th gens yet or what??? thanx guys
congrats on your first post.. it's always so cute when newbies post their first!

w/ those mods, i don't think you'd pass. some people w/ y-pipes and stock cat have passed, but the same amount have probably failed, too.

and i believe there is a b-pipe you can get for the max, although i can't remember from the top of my head. i'll let you know once i check the rest of my head, but someone will probably post before then.

kafene.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

WELCOME
Old 04-20-2002, 11:39 PM

i cant say whether you'd pass or not...but there's always the option of switching out the y-pipe with the stock pipe just to be safe. it shouldnt be much of a hassle if you just do it once a year.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:45 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: my first post :)

Originally posted by scmaxima2k
I thought there was no problems with emissions once the engine was heated up?

For the B-pipe, you can check with

http://warpspeedperformance.com/bpipefix.htm

I emailed them a week ago, never heard back from them about pricing. Someone else on the org went to a local muffler shop and had them replace the stock b-pipe with a straight piece of tubing. Cost him $40-60.
Old 04-21-2002, 04:57 AM

Re: Re: my first post :)

Originally posted by kafene

congrats on your first post.. it's always so cute when newbies post their first!

w/ those mods, i don't think you'd pass. some people w/ y-pipes and stock cat have passed, but the same amount have probably failed, too.

and i believe there is a b-pipe you can get for the max, although i can't remember from the top of my head. i'll let you know once i check the rest of my head, but someone will probably post before then.

kafene.
I never wanna hear you say "cute" again.

j/k!