5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2003/2004 Max

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 08:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2003/2004 Max

Today i went to this dealership down the street from my sister house in GA to see about turning my 2k max in and getting a 2k2, i did all the paper work and such then by time all was done I called my bank to see about financing the amount but they were closed so I left. And on the way out I bump into these guy's that worked there and were looking at the rims on my car and we started talking about maxs. So I asked him about the price they were giving me on a loaded 2K2SE and he said it was about right but why would i get that? And to make a 3 hour story short he told me to wait till the 2k4 comes out, which i thought was far down the street and he told me that the 2k3 will be out around june and the 2k4 if the wanna get it out there quick which they may he said will be out in Feb. He also told me they will be coming with independent rear suspension like the 2k2 altima and about 280 horsies and other detailed changes what ever that means. The 2k3 altima will be up to about 250 hp and the max should be uped as well through exhast tuning and such. But he told me I would be mad at my self if I didnt wait, and I got his number and told him to email me a pic as soon as he gets one.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:15 PM

hum..i think he'll get fired if the manager finds out about this?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:18 PM

maybe your right want me take the post down?
Old 04-22-2002, 08:27 PM
lcf

Originally posted by 2000MilkedMax
maybe your right what u think want me take the post down? think about it.
no names, no problem.

and about waiting for a later max. if youre willing to pay extra for the newer car go for it. but i think its safe to say MOST car buyers wait til the prices are at their lowest to buy up; i.e. when the newer year models come out. i, myself, bought my 2000 max while they had 2001 max's on the lot. im not rich enough to go out and buy a new NEW car as soon as they hit the lot.

Old 04-22-2002, 08:55 PM

I'd be really suprised if some manager at a dealership knows any more about the car than some of the people in here. I haven't even seen spy shots of the new max yet. From my personal experience, the jerks at the dealership are usually the last people to know what's going on and they ALWAYS have their numbers screwed up. There's so many rumors flying around right now, who know's what's going to happen. Hell, they've been pushing that new Z for awhile now, do you really think they're going to launch the new max at the same time??? They still don't have the final HP #'s on that car...(last I heard it was 280), how can they know anything about the next max...there isn't even a picture of it yet and they're talking IRS???
Old 04-22-2002, 09:29 PM

Originally posted by DrVolkl
I'd be really suprised if some manager at a dealership knows any more about the car than some of the people in here. I haven't even seen spy shots of the new max yet. From my personal experience, the jerks at the dealership are usually the last people to know what's going on and they ALWAYS have their numbers screwed up. There's so many rumors flying around right now, who know's what's going to happen. Hell, they've been pushing that new Z for awhile now, do you really think they're going to launch the new max at the same time??? They still don't have the final HP #'s on that car...(last I heard it was 280), how can they know anything about the next max...there isn't even a picture of it yet and they're talking IRS???
The numbers on the Z car is 280 + gotta watch nissan on the slick ****
But only time will tell and if it does fall through and they dont do what i expect ill prob just get a 2k2 which would be alot cheaper than it is now. So its a win win situation.
Old 04-22-2002, 09:41 PM

Dealers are like Cops. Only see what they want to.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:00 PM

Re: 2003/2004 Max

Originally posted by 2000MilkedMax
Today i went to this dealership down the street from my sister house in GA to see about turning my 2k max in and getting a 2k2, i did all the paper work and such then by time all was done I called my bank to see about financing the amount but they were closed so I left. And on the way out I bump into these guy's that worked there and were looking at the rims on my car and we started talking about maxs. So I asked him about the price they were giving me on a loaded 2K2SE and he said it was about right but why would i get that? And to make a 3 hour story short he told me to wait till the 2k4 comes out, which i thought was far down the street and he told me that the 2k3 will be out around june and the 2k4 if the wanna get it out there quick which they may he said will be out in Feb. He also told me they will be coming with independent rear suspension like the 2k2 altima and about 280 horsies and other detailed changes what ever that means. The 2k3 altima will be up to about 250 hp and the max should be uped as well through exhast tuning and such. But he told me I would be mad at my self if I didnt wait, and I got his number and told him to email me a pic as soon as he gets one.
I don't know if I'd trust that guy. I mean Nissan had orginally planned the Z to be 280hp 0-60mph in 6 secs, but I heard they are having mass problems trying to reach that goal. So how could you rely on information that doesn't pertain till at least mid next year? One of the sales guy at my dealership told me they are considering V8s in Maximas but who knows. (sweet if they do). I think you should get a car based on what you want and not what the future holds. You can't always wait for the next model cuz there will always be a better model. Unfortunately taht's the way things are. That's my 2 cents.

- Trunksu
Old 04-23-2002, 05:15 AM

I had thought about waiting for the 2K4, but when I heard that they would be made in the U.S. starting in January of next year, I changed my mind. I have owned over 32 cars in the past 30 years of driving and each of them were made in the USA. So, I figured that if I'm going to get an import, then I wanted it made in Japan.
When I test drove the Altima 3.5 SE, it just didn't feel that good (noisy, interior was kind of sloppy, lots of road noise, etc.) and then I drove the Maxima and found a big difference (yes, a bit more expensive...but the quality was there). When I mentioned this to one of the salesman, he said, "You know where the Altima is built?" I said, "Yes" and he winked his eye and said, "Well, that should tell you why it doesn't compare to the Maxima" (obviously inferring that the Maxima is built in Japan).
Old 04-23-2002, 07:53 AM
lcf

i hate how some salesman try to make like their your new bestfriend.

Old 04-23-2002, 10:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by Mark S.
I had thought about waiting for the 2K4, but when I heard that they would be made in the U.S. starting in January of next year, I changed my mind. I have owned over 32 cars in the past 30 years of driving and each of them were made in the USA. So, I figured that if I'm going to get an import, then I wanted it made in Japan.
When I test drove the Altima 3.5 SE, it just didn't feel that good (noisy, interior was kind of sloppy, lots of road noise, etc.) and then I drove the Maxima and found a big difference (yes, a bit more expensive...but the quality was there). When I mentioned this to one of the salesman, he said, "You know where the Altima is built?" I said, "Yes" and he winked his eye and said, "Well, that should tell you why it doesn't compare to the Maxima" (obviously inferring that the Maxima is built in Japan).
Actually most maximas I saw on the lot at my dealership were put together in Seattle. True most of the parts are engineered in Japan but the true craftsmenship comes from the good ole USA
Old 04-23-2002, 10:38 AM

00BlackonBlack,
Mine had the Japan labels, etc. Are you sure you're not confusing it with it's delivery point in the U.S.?
Old 04-23-2002, 02:57 PM

Re: Re: 2003/2004 Max

Originally posted by Trunksu

I don't know if I'd trust that guy. I mean Nissan had orginally planned the Z to be 280hp 0-60mph in 6 secs, but I heard they are having mass problems trying to reach that goal. So how could you rely on information that doesn't pertain till at least mid next year? One of the sales guy at my dealership told me they are considering V8s in Maximas but who knows. (sweet if they do). I think you should get a car based on what you want and not what the future holds. You can't always wait for the next model cuz there will always be a better model. Unfortunately taht's the way things are. That's my 2 cents.

- Trunksu
I agree, time one model comes out the new one is already in the works and other MFG's our coming out wit new things. Just be happy with what you got/get because their is always going to be something newer out their and if you try to keep up unless your "rich" you will be in the poor house!
Old 04-23-2002, 07:12 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I heard from several people, including people here on the .org and the folks at the dealership in my town, that the 2k3 will be the same as the 2k2 (with the possibility of a titanium edition) and the 2k4 will be bigger, with a V-8 option, and sell for about $35K.

My plan is to gobble up one of the titanium editions. My car will have pretty high mileage on it by then and I really don't want to spend $35K and don't want a bigger car. I really don't like the interior of the Altimas or I would consider getting one of those.

The 2002-2003 is really a lot of car for the money and I would hate to miss out on owning one.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:50 PM

Just got back from a dealer, he said almost the same thing as mentioned earlier, 2003 virtually unchanged, 2004 a bigger car with 280 HP still with the V6 though, personnally I think they will come out with a sport Max with a V8, just my opinion
Old 04-23-2002, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by suds1
I heard from several people, including people here on the .org and the folks at the dealership in my town, that the 2k3 will be the same as the 2k2 (with the possibility of a titanium edition) and the 2k4 will be bigger, with a V-8 option, and sell for about $35K.

My plan is to gobble up one of the titanium editions. My car will have pretty high mileage on it by then and I really don't want to spend $35K and don't want a bigger car. I really don't like the interior of the Altimas or I would consider getting one of those.

The 2002-2003 is really a lot of car for the money and I would hate to miss out on owning one.
suds1, I'm with you all the way. Not only is the current Max a heck of a sporty car, but a great banf for the buck. I'm sure I'll take a beating when I trade my car in. I'm at 45k currently, plan to be at 75 or 80K when trading in. I'm sure many other Max owners will trade once a good deal comes around.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:14 AM

Old 04-24-2002, 02:24 AM

Originally posted by 00BlackOnBlack

Actually most maximas I saw on the lot at my dealership were put together in Seattle. True most of the parts are engineered in Japan but the true craftsmenship comes from the good ole USA
HUH??!?!?! What are you talking about? Where did you get that info from? I used to live in Seattle and now live about 15 miles from there. There's NO Nissan factory here! AFAIK, all current Maximas are made in Oppama, Japan.