5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 04:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

Since I have maxed out the stock injectors, even at 90psi of fuel pressure its time for an upgrade. 4th gens have galley feed injectors which are hard to come by and relativly expensive compared to top feeders that I think the 5tg gens have.

What I need to know is...
1)Are the 2k & 2k1 are true top feed?
2)What is the measurement from the top of the injector where it goes into the fuel rake down to where it goes into the lower intake manifol?. Just the part of the injector you can see, you dont have to take it out.
3)What is the approximate diameter of the injector?

If a 2k2 driver can help me that would also be helpfull.

Yes this will require some fabricating to make the top feeders work on a 4g, no problem here. And for very large injectors will require an AFC or ECU reprogram, im on it.

Thanks for your help!
Matt
Old 04-25-2002, 07:44 AM

Re: 5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
[B]Since I have maxed out the stock injectors, even at 90psi of fuel pressure its time for an upgrade. 4th gens have galley feed injectors which are hard to come by and relativly expensive compared to top feeders that I think the 5tg gens have.

2)What is the measurement from the top of the injector where it goes into the fuel rake down to where it goes into the lower intake manifol?. Just the part of the injector you can see, you dont have to take it out.

Yes this will require some fabricating to make the top feeders work on a 4g, no problem here. And for very large injectors will require an AFC or ECU reprogram, im on it.

Uhhh...could you repeat this in ENGLISH please?!? Wish I could help but I dont think the whole fuel injector topic has been brought about much in this forum. 5th Gen guys are still waiting for the injector upgrade I think. Not sure what the stock specs are....sorry.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:37 AM

Re: Re: 5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deac
Uhhh...could you repeat this in ENGLISH please?!?
Can some one take a picture of one of their fuel injectors installed on the car with a ruler placed next to it and e-mail it to me or post it.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:44 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Re: Re: 5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

Originally posted by MardiGrasMax

Can some one take a picture of one of their fuel injectors installed on the car with a ruler placed next to it and e-mail it to me or post it.
Sorry, but I don't have a digital camera.

I would give RC Engineering a call and send them a stock injector. They may have something that will fit already and if not they will make custom injectors. I've READ lots of good things about their fuel injectors. They are able to blue-print your stock injectors to find out how many lbs/hr. they're capable of flowing and determine how much larger you should go. They can customize ANY flow rates your engine needs.

As you probably already know on a STOCK ECU you will only be able to increase the flow by ~10% maximum, since during startup(warm up) the ECU goes into open-loop mode and opens the injectors to near 100%. This of course would not be good if you increased/changed the flow capacities too much.

Keep us posted, because I think a lot of 5th gen. SC guys(Kev!) will need higher flowing injectors soon. Too bad they're stuck with the STOCK ECU, when 4th gens. got JWT.
Old 04-25-2002, 09:55 AM
I'm needing a caw

Mardi, A call to RC might be in order. But have you looked into some of the other Nissan offerings? ie.. 300z TT stock injecotors or the aftermarket selection for the 300ZTT?? "If" they fit, there should be an injector that can flow or outflow anything you can throw at them. Of course JWT offers injector/ecu programs. Do the 3.5VQ injectors really flow that much more?? One alternative might be a 7th/8th injector mounted right before the TB and have an external fuel ecu running the show on those two only.

I'm not sure if an AFC could be effective in dialing out the missmatched pulse-widths on some larger injectors. Maybe in the higher rpms but the cold start are low rpm running might be a problem.

Ice, I don't think the cold start programs pulse the injectors to anywhere near 100%. That would really flood the engine. The only time you really see injectors even pulse over 80%(which is the near max for injector efficency) is when you add nos/turbo/sc and the 02 sensor is constantly feeding a lean a/f to the ecu in closed loop.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:07 AM

Re: 5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

Since I have maxed out the stock injectors, even at 90psi of fuel pressure its time for an upgrade. 4th gens have galley feed injectors which are hard to come by and relativly expensive compared to top feeders that I think the 5tg gens have.

Thanks for your help!
Matt
I just emailed you @ matchou@home.com
Old 04-25-2002, 10:11 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Ice, I don't think the cold start programs pulse the injectors to anywhere near 100%. That would really flood the engine. The only time you really see injectors even pulse over 80%(which is the near max for injector efficency) is when you add nos/turbo/sc and the 02 sensor is constantly feeding a lean a/f to the ecu in closed loop.
Yeah, your right. I knew it wasn't 100%, but I didn't know what was the maximum pulse width injectors run. I just threw it down, while trying to get some work done.

I was trying to say if you increase the flow rates of the injectors too much, the engine will get flooded and not start due to the ECU running Open Loop while the car is warming up.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:22 AM

Re: Re: 5th Gen Fuel Injector Help Needed

Originally posted by emax95

I just emailed you @ matchou@home.com
Dope, that email address does not seem to work Give me a address I can attach a pic to, if not just email me at emax1995@yahoo.com and then I can just reply from there
Old 04-25-2002, 11:16 AM

Sent you an E-mail, thanks Ethan!

I have talked to them all and then some...

370's are to small for my desired application. I need 550's and I'm not going to pay $1250 for a set of galley feed NISMO's. RC has nothing for galley feed injectors, 4g 95-99. However they do make top feeds that should work. My plan is to weld boss's into my 4g lower manifold so they accept top feeders. Use the 2k fuel rails and custom mount them, I have a small welder. I will also have to splice on new connectors for the injectors and wire in some resistors so I can use low impediance injectors. It sounds like a big task, but its not.

My goal is to get the JWT ECU program which uses steady 43psi of fuel pressure, instead of the 90psi I am running now. This set up with a z32TT MAFS is capable of 450 crank HP. Since the fuel pressure is stable at 43psi I can run any size wet nitrous shot I want with out having to fight a fuel computer or compensate for a rising rate FPR.

Injectors ~$450
Boss's ~$60
Pigtail Harness plugs ~$60
2k Rail ~$80
=$650 + my labor, much better than $1250 for some outdated injectors.

ps: boost retard
Old 04-26-2002, 10:05 PM

Sent you an E-mail, thanks Ethan!

I have talked to them all and then some...

370's are to small for my desired application. I need 550's and I'm not going to pay $1250 for a set of galley feed NISMO's. RC has nothing for galley feed injectors, 4g 95-99. However they do make top feeds that should work. My plan is to weld boss's into my 4g lower manifold so they accept top feeders. Use the 2k fuel rails and custom mount them, I have a small welder. I will also have to splice on new connectors for the injectors and wire in some resistors so I can use low impediance injectors. It sounds like a big task, but its not.

My goal is to get the JWT ECU program which uses steady 43psi of fuel pressure, instead of the 90psi I am running now. This set up with a z32TT MAFS is capable of 450 crank HP. Since the fuel pressure is stable at 43psi I can run any size wet nitrous shot I want with out having to fight a fuel computer or compensate for a rising rate FPR.

Injectors ~$450
Boss's ~$60
Pigtail Harness plugs ~$60
2k Rail ~$80
=$650 + my labor, much better than $1250 for some outdated injectors.

ps: boost retard
Hey Matt I never received a email from you . Give me your email address here or PM it to me, there has to be something wrong with your email account or maybe you just miss typed my address or something.
Old 04-26-2002, 11:17 PM

Originally posted by emax95

Hey Matt I never received a email from you . Give me your email address here or PM it to me, there has to be something wrong with your email account or maybe you just miss typed my address or something.
matchou@***.net