5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 12:37 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Berk Tuning will now offer the JIC - Magic coilovers for the A33 & A32. Finally a real suspension setup for our cars!

If you haven't seen what JIC is all about go here and check them out. http://www.jic-magic.com

I would like to gauge demand for these setups. They range in price from $1450 for the SF1 all the way up to $1850 for the FLT-A2. It may seen pricey but when you consider that you are getting higher quality components, springs with adjustable ride height, adjustable shocks, AND adjustable CAMBER they are actually a bargin! Consider this:

$400 Ground control
$578 KYB AGX for A33 (Cattman)
$368 Camber plates (Stillen)
$1346 RETAIL

POST YOUR COMMENTS!
Old 05-01-2002, 03:00 AM

Re: JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Originally posted by cobymoby
Berk Tuning will now offer the JIC - Magic coilovers for the A33 & A32. Finally a real suspension setup for our cars!

If you haven't seen what JIC is all about go here and check them out. http://www.jic-magic.com

I would like to gauge demand for these setups. They range in price from $1450 for the SF1 all the way up to $1850 for the FLT-A2. It may seen pricey but when you consider that you are getting higher quality components, springs with adjustable ride height, adjustable shocks, AND adjustable CAMBER they are actually a bargin! Consider this:

$400 Ground control
$1346 RETAIL

POST YOUR COMMENTS!
Sign me up!
Old 05-01-2002, 08:31 AM

Who here has Cattman coilovers? What do you think of them?
Old 05-01-2002, 09:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

$1450 for the SF1 all the way up to $1850 for the FLT-A2s:

Whats the difference between these two?
~~Besides price....
Old 05-01-2002, 09:38 AM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Just signing up to follow the thread.

You gave the retail price, but any idea how low for Group Buy price?

K Passo6
The cheaper model is NOT adjustable for bounce/rebound, it's ONLY height adjustable.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:09 AM

Who here has Cattman coilovers? What do you think of them?
I do...I like them.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:17 AM

Originally posted by max'n out

I do...I like them.
Are there "noises"?

Do they creak/groan/pop/clink/etc.. over bumps?
Old 05-01-2002, 11:55 AM
lcf

it'll take me a couple months, but im very interested.

i think i may want to see how others say it rides though.

i want the LOOK of a nice even drop but im only willing to

sacrifice so much of the ride.

if it feels like im driving a wheel barrel theres no way

im going to get them.

Old 05-01-2002, 12:02 PM

$400 Ground control
$1346 RETAIL

POST YOUR COMMENTS!

FYI- JIC will not be producing in the US the SF-1 system. I will also be carrying their products and spoke to JIC/Ziel Motorsports in California for the past couple of months on the ongoing development of these systems and they have finally concluded that the SF-1 system would have been too rough of a ride for the Maxima. JIC received the prototype FLT-2A system on Monday and Terry from JIC told me that they are doing about 10 days of testing and then sending any adjustments that are needed to Japan for production. So the only system available for the A33 A32 chassis will be the FLT-2A.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:08 PM

I'm interested... what's their warranty?
Old 05-01-2002, 02:50 PM
PRINCE NISMO

Re: Re: JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Originally posted by jhans114

FYI- JIC will not be producing in the US the SF-1 system. I will also be carrying their products and spoke to JIC/Ziel Motorsports in California for the past couple of months on the ongoing development of these systems and they have finally concluded that the SF-1 system would have been too rough of a ride for the Maxima. JIC received the prototype FLT-2A system on Monday and Terry from JIC told me that they are doing about 10 days of testing and then sending any adjustments that are needed to Japan for production. So the only system available for the A33 A32 chassis will be the FLT-2A.
Thanks for the updated info.....jhans144

Old 05-01-2002, 02:56 PM

I am very interested, but still want to see some results before I make sure the 18bills is worth it.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by VVDA
I am very interested, but still want to see some results before I make sure the 18bills is worth it.
I dont blame you, I have mine on order already, soon as it goes on I will drive the $#@& out of the car and give some feedback. Keep in touch and I will keep you posted.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Are there "noises"?

Little bit from the rear on horrible roads...for the most part its gone away. I think if the rear had a "seat" if you will for the spring there would be none at all...or even some take up springs.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:27 PM

Little bit from the rear on horrible roads...for the most part its gone away. I think if the rear had a "seat" if you will for the spring there would be none at all...or even some take up springs.
I was just wondering, since when I drove Cattmans' 4th gen. they squeaked and clicked quite a bit. However, he had just been in a fenderbender a day or two before and he said it was due to the damage, not the coilovers.

Anyways, I was quite impressed with the ride especially, since it was SLAMMED. I tried to bottom them out on a rain runoff ditch in the parking lot, but nothing happened.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:05 PM

Berk Tuning will bring it to you first. We have acquired the first set of JIC Magic FLT-A2's and the install date is for next week. I will let all of you know how they ride then. Hold on to your butts!
Old 05-01-2002, 11:15 PM

Berk Tuning will bring it to you first. We have acquired the first set of JIC Magic FLT-A2's and the install date is for next week. I will let all of you know how they ride then. Hold on to your butts!
Coupla questions dude ...

1. What is bounce/rebound?

2. Are the SF-1's going to be available or not? There are conflicting posts ...

3. R u going 2 have introductory pricing?
Old 05-02-2002, 10:28 AM

I was just wondering, since when I drove Cattmans' 4th gen. they squeaked and clicked quite a bit. However, he had just been in a fenderbender a day or two before and he said it was due to the damage, not the coilovers.

Anyways, I was quite impressed with the ride especially, since it was SLAMMED. I tried to bottom them out on a rain runoff ditch in the parking lot, but nothing happened.
Yeah i think in comparision to other coilovers (B&G, Apexi) the ones I consider some of the best, there right there with um. Every coilover is gonna have a little more noise and feel to it that a reg shock and spring setup...its due to the nature of the beast. You get your choose ok handling, or o yeah handling
Old 05-02-2002, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by ohboiya

Coupla questions dude ...

1. What is bounce/rebound?

2. Are the SF-1's going to be available or not? There are conflicting posts ...

3. R u going 2 have introductory pricing?
1. Bound is when the strut rod comes down, Rebound is when it comes back up.

2. No
Old 05-02-2002, 11:47 AM

Yeah i think in comparision to other coilovers (B&G, Apexi) the ones I consider some of the best, there right there with um. Every coilover is gonna have a little more noise and feel to it that a reg shock and spring setup...its due to the nature of the beast. You get your choose ok handling, or o yeah handling
who else has Cattman coilovers? Just Jayson?
Old 05-02-2002, 12:15 PM

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2002, 06:31 PM
yeah, i donated....so?!?

JIC's

I've been looking for a suspension setup for my 2002 SE ever since i got it. unfortunately, no companies (such as HKS, Tanabe, Apex, Tein etc.), make the full system for our production year. If JIC's are as good as I've heard, then I would definitely be interested on a group deal. I don't want jus' cheap springs anymore, or coil-overs that "clink" and make noise, I'm looking for the high quality stuff. Please let me know once you have test-driven and tell the results. Thanks!

n1cK
Old 05-03-2002, 07:23 PM

I'm very interested too...I'd just like to hear other peoples opinions who have had them first.
Old 05-03-2002, 08:56 PM
www.autotalk.com

If these are the HIGH END coilovers with NO NOISES wat so ever then i am DEF interested!
Old 05-03-2002, 09:21 PM

Very interested
Old 05-04-2002, 06:42 AM

Re: Re: JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Just curious as to why there are so many conflicting stories about the SF-1 ... Coby says that they'll be for sale in the US ... you say no ... Avalon has them and is selling them already ...

What's going on?

Originally posted by jhans114

Old 05-04-2002, 07:18 AM

Re: Re: Re: JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!

Originally posted by ohboiya
Just curious as to why there are so many conflicting stories about the SF-1 ... Coby says that they'll be for sale in the US ... you say no ... Avalon has them and is selling them already ...

What's going on?

I hate when things happen like this. It's probably best just to call the JIC US distributor rather listen to 3rd party hearsay. It's like trying to trust what dealers say about the '04 Maxima.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:31 AM

JIC - already from us.

We have been an autorized delaer for a while. We have alreadyt delivered and installed JIC on a 99 Maxima and the 2k+ are almost readt. We are taking advanced orders on them. We also posted a sales price lower than the prices on this thread. We could do a group buy as well. with 5 or more sets. We also have JIC experience on other types of cars.

Originally posted by MaxRPM

I hate when things happen like this. It's probably best just to call the JIC US distributor rather listen to 3rd party hearsay. It's like trying to trust what dealers say about the '04 Maxima.
Old 05-04-2002, 08:49 AM

Re: JIC - already from us.

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
We have been an autorized delaer for a while. We have alreadyt delivered and installed JIC on a 99 Maxima and the 2k+ are almost readt. We are taking advanced orders on them. We also posted a sales price lower than the prices on this thread. We could do a group buy as well. with 5 or more sets. We also have JIC experience on other types of cars.

And whats your opinion of them on other cars. Do they clunk or clank at all?
Old 05-04-2002, 10:26 AM

So what is your current price for FLT-A2 for 5th gen Maximas?
When will you have them?

Thanks
Old 05-04-2002, 12:09 PM

So why is it that Terry from JIC california said and I quote" We will not make the SF-1 system for the A33 Chasis". Unless he was lying and didn't want me to buy about 5 sets of them...makes sense. Just curious how everyone else says they will be out but JIC direct says they will not. This issue needs to be clarified. This is just interesting how the company that makes them says they will not be available and everyone else says the already have them
Old 05-04-2002, 12:49 PM

Here is the availability of products + other data

First of all we are an authorized JIC dealer and have sold and installed the product.

For the Maxima:

95 -99
SF-1 / SA-1

SF-1 / FLT2 / FLT A2

We are taking orders for the 2K + as the test fit is almost complete.

Here at Avalon we did the test fit and trial of the 95-99 coilover for JIC. They are using our photos of the install etc.

Originally posted by MaxRPM
I'm very interested too...I'd just like to hear other peoples opinions who have had them first.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:26 PM

Re: Here is the availability of products + other data

I guess you told him !

Paul .. coupla questions.

What's the difference in both price & performance/features b/w the SF-1, FLT2 & FLT A2?

& when do you expect the FLT A2's to be available?

L8r!

First of all we are an authorized JIC dealer and have sold and installed the product.

For the Maxima:

95 -99
SF-1 / SA-1

SF-1 / FLT2 / FLT A2

Here at Avalon we did the test fit and trial of the 95-99 coilover for JIC. They are using our photos of the install etc.

Old 05-04-2002, 02:52 PM

Re: Here is the availability of products + other data

For the Maxima:

95 -99
SF-1 / SA-1

SF-1 / FLT2 / FLT A2

You dont have to get touchy, just that Ive been speaking to Terry at JIC and they said that they changed their minds at the last minute in producing the SF-1 system because he said that it wasn't going to be a comfortable ride for the type of car that the Max is. Trust me I want the straight story just as much as the next guy, and no 1 is here to try to prove any one wrong. Curious, what will your price for the FLT-2A be??? Im actually going to need about 4 of them. Let me know.

PEACE
Old 05-04-2002, 03:33 PM

What is ground control?
Old 05-04-2002, 08:08 PM

Are there "noises"?

hell yeah~
Old 05-04-2002, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by melteye
What is ground control?

http://www.ground-control.com/
Old 05-05-2002, 09:27 AM

ive got a set of new ground control's........300 + shipping..fits 4th/5th gens.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:51 PM
yeah, i donated....so?!?

hey, good news!

i jus' spoke to terry at JIC (5628036122) and he said that the FLT-A2's for the 2002 Maxima SE should be out by July 1st. They are currently testing them now, production should begin in June, and market should begin in July. He said the MSRP would be $1850. I know somebody can get a much better price than this. If we get a group deal going, please let me know. I'll be saving my money!

n1cK

ps-he said an authorized dealer in San Diego is Pann Auto and that Justin was the one to speak to (8582787266).

Old 06-10-2002, 03:36 PM

Avalon is selling both setups for $1.00 on their online store

Quick Reply: JIC- Magic Coilovers - who wants them!