5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 06:31 AM

Pics!!

I've got a bunch of pics up FINALLY of my car & stereo install at Cardomain. I'd really like it if I could get some feedback from all of you, since I've taken so much from you guys in terms of ideas and education. Just click on my homepage. Car pics on pages 1-4 and stereo pics on pages 5-6.

Thanks!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 06:49 AM

one of the cleaanest maxes i've seen and damn, your springs dropped your max perfectly, I wish I had the un-wheel gap you have--that system must sound great, how much does that JL sub weigh? good job on the install, looks very clean
Old 05-05-2002, 06:50 AM

Re: Pics!!

Originally posted by Tony Fernandes
I've got a bunch of pics up FINALLY of my car & stereo install at Cardomain. I'd really like it if I could get some feedback from all of you, since I've taken so much from you guys in terms of ideas and education. Just click on my homepage. Car pics on pages 1-4 and stereo pics on pages 5-6.

Thanks!!

Tony
Nice job Tony! I Like the amount of drop on your car, IMO it's just right. Does it still ride nice? Mucho detail in explaining the sound system install details, very cool. Almost got Merlot but did not have in a GLE, Nice color choice.
l8tr -- SS
Old 05-05-2002, 08:28 AM

very nice! now go and dynamat those doors, like you said, it makes a huge difference.
Old 05-05-2002, 10:52 AM

Wow, that looks great!!! What kind of tint did you put on there? Charcoal? what percent? The wheels look sooooo good!
Old 05-05-2002, 11:28 AM

it looks like you spent an enourms amount of time in your car with the sound system

how much really hours did you spend on it??

oh and the Bose woofer , it looks like **** because its an ND woofer
its one of the thinest subwoofers in the whole world and it probably looks like that because its not a regular subwoofer.

This is from the nissan site:

Bose® Nd™ Woofer
This relatively small woofer combines high power output with a low profile. It uses a powerful neodymium (Nd) iron boron magnet with ten times the magnetic energy density of a conventional speaker magnet, yet it is smaller, slimmer, and weighs less. The woofer also uses an innovative "inside-out" speaker structure that positions the magnet on the front of the speaker instead of suspending it from the rear. This design allows for a compact speaker design and a thinner speaker profile.

you see what i am talking about, most people say this woofer sucks as*, but its not really a real subwoofer(if you think about it that way)
Old 05-05-2002, 11:44 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I work at Cambridge Soundworks, and we use Neodymium Magnets in most of our speakers. They are more effcient magnets and allow for smaller size, but in *my opinion* they are not as good as they would be if size wasn't a concern. These magnets are very good for what they do, make small speakers sound good, but if you want real sound quality, you need a full size magnet and woofer.

Originally posted by 2001SE
it looks like you spent an enourms amount of time in your car with the sound system

its one of the thinest subwoofers in the whole world and it probably looks like that because its not a regular subwoofer.

Bose® Nd™ Woofer
This relatively small woofer combines high power output with a low profile. It uses a powerful neodymium (Nd) iron boron magnet with ten times the magnetic energy density of a conventional speaker magnet, yet it is smaller, slimmer, and weighs less. The woofer also uses an innovative "inside-out" speaker structure that positions the magnet on the front of the speaker instead of suspending it from the rear. This design allows for a compact speaker design and a thinner speaker profile.

you see what i am talking about, most people say this woofer sucks as*, but its not really a real subwoofer(if you think about it that way)
Old 05-05-2002, 12:34 PM

Re: Pics!!

Originally posted by Tony Fernandes

Thanks!!

Tony
Nice, like that color
Roger
Old 05-05-2002, 02:22 PM

Re: Re: Pics!!

Originally posted by ssiperko

Nice job Tony! I Like the amount of drop on your car, IMO it's just right. Does it still ride nice? Mucho detail in explaining the sound system install details, very cool. Almost got Merlot but did not have in a GLE, Nice color choice.
l8tr -- SS
It rides beautifully! The springs did little or nothing to the ride quality, but really enhanced handling. The tires acutally firmed up the ride more than the springs. I'd say with the springs, tires/wheels, and FSTB the car handles 5 times better than it did stock. It's like a new car, seriously.

Thanks for the compliments!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Spudskier
Wow, that looks great!!! What kind of tint did you put on there? Charcoal? what percent? The wheels look sooooo good!
35% charcoal.

Thanks!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 02:28 PM

Originally posted by 2001SE

Bose® Nd™ Woofer

I'd say I spent 40+ hours total. I'm a perfectionist. My last vehicle had over $6,000 worth of stereo equipment in it and I wanted my Max to sound as good as possible, considering now there's about half that amount invested in the Max, so I did it right!

Impportspeed is right, Neodymium magnets are used mostly for tweeters, but apparently Bose uses them in their woofers. I'm not totally slamming on the Bose woofer, but for my tastes, it was totally under-par!!

Thanks!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by mattattax
one of the cleaanest maxes i've seen and damn, your springs dropped your max perfectly, I wish I had the un-wheel gap you have--that system must sound great, how much does that JL sub weigh? good job on the install, looks very clean
I just pulled it out of the car and weighed it.....30 lbs!!!

It does sound great, the trouble was really worth it.

Thanks!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 02:58 PM

nice

nice..car....check out my homepage..i also have an AE maxima....how does your 1 10 inch sub sound....i ahev 2 12's and i just wanted to compare.....mine is HELLA loud.....keep up the work..i ahev greddy and coilvoers coming soon.....
Old 05-05-2002, 06:08 PM

Re: nice

Originally posted by rob van dam
nice..car....check out my homepage..i also have an AE maxima....how does your 1 10 inch sub sound....i ahev 2 12's and i just wanted to compare.....mine is HELLA loud.....keep up the work..i ahev greddy and coilvoers coming soon.....
I love your car's color! Is that Grey Lustre?

The 10 sounds great! I've got it tuned to blend very nicely with the rest of the system. 90% of my system is set up for SQ, the other 10% for SPL. I can only turn it up so loud because the trunk and package shelf rattle like CRAZY!!! It's on the list of things to do...

I'm sure yours is way louder than mine. What kind of power are you sending it? My Phoenix Gold is rated at 600 watts. More power than I'll ever use!!

Tony
Old 05-05-2002, 06:33 PM

Nice ride man! Get some clear bumper lights