5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Street Scenes Grill, Main grill GAP at the top. To cut or not to cut?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Street Scenes Grill, Main grill GAP at the top. To cut or not to cut?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dsuthar/grillegap.jpg

That is the picture showing how the left side of the street scenes grille is shorter in height.

Now I took this picture as I was dry fitting the grille before I decided to go ahead and cut out the OEM grille. Now I dont know if it is the Street Scenes grille that is messed up or is that gap only visible because I have not in a sense pushed it all the way in and set it in there after cutting the grille.

This is what is holding me back right now.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 03:53 PM

I got the valence grill & it seemed offset when trying to line it up but when installed it was aight....the main grill I dont know if it will be the same problem...
Old 05-05-2002, 03:59 PM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6
I got the valence grill & it seemed offset when trying to line it up but when installed it was aight....the main grill I dont know if it will be the same problem...
Kpazzo,

I just installed the Valence, and let me tell you OFF is not even the correct word to describe how much those slots dont even match up with our strips in the valence. I got so ****ed that I just jammed it in there made it even on both side.

I mean I pay $100 for the lower grille and this is the Quality Assurance that comes out of it? $hitttttttttttttt

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 04:02 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Seems to be the theme with most aftermarket products recently...
Old 05-05-2002, 04:16 PM

Re: Street Scenes Grill, Main grill GAP at the top. To cut or not to cut?

Originally posted by BigDogJonx

That is the picture showing how the left side of the street scenes grille is shorter in height.

Now I took this picture as I was dry fitting the grille before I decided to go ahead and cut out the OEM grille. Now I dont know if it is the Street Scenes grille that is messed up or is that gap only visible because I have not in a sense pushed it all the way in and set it in there after cutting the grille.

Dixit
Is it a gap? or can you bend it up to touch the top part of the grill. I really need to know how this turns out cuz I want to either buy , or know I am not gonna buy.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:22 PM

Re: Re: Street Scenes Grill, Main grill GAP at the top. To cut or not to cut?

Originally posted by cwally

Is it a gap? or can you bend it up to touch the top part of the grill. I really need to know how this turns out cuz I want to either buy , or know I am not gonna buy.
Cant bend it cause it wont look right then, then also there is nothing to clip on to cause if I bent it, I would have no lip left to clip onto.

Dixit
Old 05-05-2002, 06:14 PM

I had the same problem with my valence. I used all 8 black clips that Street Scenes provided with the valence, and then I zip tied the top part of the valence to the those four valence pillars. The zip ties are not visible @ all, and the valence is in there nice and tight. I was ****ed off that the valence's slots were extremely out of place, but the valence does look better than any cheap Home Depot mesh valence.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:44 PM

Kpazzo,

I just installed the Valence, and let me tell you OFF is not even the correct word to describe how much those slots dont even match up with our strips in the valence. I got so ****ed that I just jammed it in there made it even on both side.

I mean I pay $100 for the lower grille and this is the Quality Assurance that comes out of it? $hitttttttttttttt

Dixit
u can say that again...for $100 just for the valence I would of thought it was precisely measures for that much dough...
Old 05-06-2002, 11:02 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Re: Street Scenes Grill, Main grill GAP at the top. To cut or not to cut?

Dixit
My GOD! Are all those white specs on your hood paint chips?

If so, I'm thinking you need a deflector or at least a clear bra. At this rate your hood will match my car within a couple years.

Don't cut it Dixit! Just send it back. Have patience. I know a layover grill will come eventually, at least I hope so.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:48 AM

Hummmmm

I wouldn't be happy with that much of a gap up top. I would send it back.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:55 AM
RussMaxManiac

My ends didn't stick up that much, I would bend them down a bit and see if it fits better. The gril looks like its straight by the holes, but by the car its crucid. I would try bending it a few ways.

Old 05-07-2002, 06:31 AM

I ordered it for a 2002 SE, and ended up sending it back. The grille was off in size, alot like what your picture shows. But get this, the valance wasn't anywhere close. I have 1 large opening with a bar in the middle of the car, whereas the valance is for the older 2000-2001 style (maybe even the 2002 GXE/GLE <- not sure) and is only a single, smaller hole. The valance was nowhere close to fitting, and the grille was about 1/2" to 1" short from top to bottom.