5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002 | 08:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

I decided for $75 I will clear out anyones 2002 headlights. It's a big risk to do so I know a lot of you are afraid to do it so I am willing to help out and make a little money in the prosess. I will gaurantee the headlights to not be cracked or damaged. The shipping method is up to you whether it be overnight, prioraty, ground etc., all shipping charges will be added to the cost($75). The day after I recieve the headlights I will have them shipped back out with a tracking # and insurance(if asked for). I am located in Rhode Island, drop me a email at: emax1995@yahoo.com if you want to have your lights done.

Post any questions or comments here please.
Heres a picture of the finished product on the car.

If there are 10 or more people by the end of the week(mothers day) I will do the headlights for $65.

Ethan
Old 05-05-2002 | 08:31 PM

haha Emax
I was just about to email you ask if you could do it for me and I pay you the money
Thx man, you are the MAN.
But I can't do it just yet, I need to wait until school is out, b/c right now I need the car everyday
thx
Old 05-05-2002 | 08:32 PM

Originally posted by tapwr3000
haha Emax
I was just about to email you ask if you could do it for me and I pay you the money
Thx man, you are the MAN.
But I can't do it just yet, I need to wait until school is out, b/c right now I need the car everyday
thx
No problem
Old 05-05-2002 | 08:57 PM

i kinda already like how they look already - i could imagine how seXy they wood look cleared out
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:06 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Iwould love to have this done, but I need my car everyday...
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:06 PM

Hey e-max...did you put a frosted peice of plexi in your headlight?..or didja just leave the bulb showing..cuz if you dont have access to frosted plexi...i still have 3 more of the ones i used...and Tap Plastics can make em for me...they were like 7 bux a pair.
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:20 PM

YGM emax, I'm interested but too busy for the next couple of weeks--but I'd be happy to be part of the ten and send you the money early let me know what you think
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:44 PM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
Hey e-max...did you put a frosted peice of plexi in your headlight?..or didja just leave the bulb showing..cuz if you dont have access to frosted plexi...i still have 3 more of the ones i used...and Tap Plastics can make em for me...they were like 7 bux a pair.
I don't have the means to get the plexi glass covers but if people want it and your willing to help out I would be willing to do it. Thanks for helping out.

kloogy, thats the hard part about doing this, if you overnighted it to me you would get the lights back in 2 days, maybe I could even pull some strings and get them back to you the next.

mattattax, I replied to your email.
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:46 PM

Also if anyone wants the headlight painted body coler I could do that for an extra $75.
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:46 PM

yea..sure i can have a bunch made for ya.....it be kinda cool....i hated the yello..and im sure other people are suffering too....8.00 bux isnt that much more to a set of cleared out lights.
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:50 PM

yea..sure i can have a bunch made for ya.....it be kinda cool....i hated the yello..and im sure other people are suffering too....8.00 bux isnt that much more to a set of cleared out lights.
Old 05-05-2002 | 09:52 PM

thats what it looks like with the plexi in it.
Old 05-05-2002 | 10:02 PM

thats what it looks like with the plexi in it.
That looks great, check your PM's
Old 05-06-2002 | 05:41 AM

Wuttabout painting the housing in black chrome? the original chrome rings left unpainted of course... what do you think? Sorta an AE/mustang cobra look?
Old 05-06-2002 | 08:04 AM

emax - have you thought about buying a set from the dealer and then just trading with people so that they don't have any downtime and they know they are getting perfect ones because you can show them pics before they buy?
Old 05-06-2002 | 08:16 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Originally posted by theblue
emax - have you thought about buying a set from the dealer and then just trading with people so that they don't have any downtime and they know they are getting perfect ones because you can show them pics before they buy?
Problem with that is that through Nissans infinate (or lack there of) wisdom, you can only get the WHOLE assembly. Cant just get the casings as you could with earlier years. You get the ballast, burners everything for a nice tidy cost of 500+ per side! Yikes!
Old 05-06-2002 | 08:55 AM

Originally posted by Chinkzilla
Wuttabout painting the housing in black chrome? the original chrome rings left unpainted of course... what do you think? Sorta an AE/mustang cobra look?
I can paint the housing in black and leave all the chrome pieces un-painted if thats what you mean.
Old 05-06-2002 | 08:58 AM

The headlights cost about a grand and it's not nearly worth it. Another problem with that is I would have to trust that everyone sends me mint condition headlights back and if then what if someone decides not to send anything back? It's way to big of a risk and it's not in the budget.
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:17 PM

HEY....do you dink i can get a pair of the plexi??? shoot ...$8 or that....man.....i would get in this deal ...buh i like doing things myself ...just need tha plexi for it...oh...and can they make plexi for the light thats on top of the signal???
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:25 PM

yea i can send em to ya....i dunno about the top part tho..i didnt bother..and i know its not a round peice..so its gotta be custom cut..and thats gonna be expensive cutting something that small. and it looks nice already =)
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:31 PM

Originally posted by emax95

The headlights cost about a grand and it's not nearly worth it. Another problem with that is I would have to trust that everyone sends me mint condition headlights back and if then what if someone decides not to send anything back? It's way to big of a risk and it's not in the budget.
I should have a set in about 3 weeks & will contact you then...but my question is I know you done this before but what happens if you mess up and crack it or something-- do you have any kind of guarantee on what you do if that happens? Also when you close the headlight assembly back up what do you to seal it back to the housing, if you do?
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:48 PM

Originally posted by K Pazzo 6

I should have a set in about 3 weeks & will contact you then...but my question is I know you done this before but what happens if you mess up and crack it or something-- do you have any kind of guarantee on what you do if that happens? Also when you close the headlight assembly back up what do you to seal it back to the housing, if you do?
Cool, in the event I damage a headlight I am working on I will send you a headlight off of my car(there in perfect condition). There is really no way you could get screwd, just me for messing up

When I close the headlight I will apply a small layer of silicone sealant.
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:52 PM

Cool, in the event I damage a headlight I am working on I will send you a headlight off of my car(there in perfect condition). There is really no way you could get screwd, just me for messing up

When I close the headlight I will apply a small layer of silicone sealant.
you sound very trustworthy....I will contact you when I get my '02 headlights

thanks
Old 05-06-2002 | 10:55 PM

thanks
dude..hes one of the pioneers for 2k2 advancement..hahah first guy to clear his lights...i wouldnt doubt his skill
Old 05-07-2002 | 05:53 AM

I can paint the housing in black and leave all the chrome pieces un-painted if thats what you mean.
Is a black-chromish look possible? or do you mean flat or body color black? I want em to basically look like the AE lights
Old 05-07-2002 | 05:56 AM

That's a good idea but .... to recoop the expense he would need to charge more (to make it profitable) and have at least 15 firm orders or deposits before making a sizable investment. I think that he's (at least for the moment) trying to help fellow members trick out their rides in just 1 more way. Thanks emax95, feel free to run with this idea and stack up some coin for your own future mods!
l8tr -- SS
Old 05-07-2002 | 08:21 AM

thanks
Sounds good

Chinkzilla, the AE headlights are bronze tinted. I can do any color you want you just have to send me the paint and I will charge $35 for the actual painting. I can get body colored paint and clear coat for about $40(+$35 for doing the work).

ssiperko, right on.
Old 05-07-2002 | 08:36 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I really hope you don't accidentally mess one up, because it will be a very costly mistake. *knock on wood*

Old 05-07-2002 | 08:52 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
I really hope you don't accidentally mess one up, because it will be a very costly mistake. *knock on wood*

Not to bad these days since you can pick one up at a junkyard for a decent price.
Old 05-08-2002 | 05:27 PM

chinaonnitrous1, can I buy a pair of those custom made plexi peices? I can send you a money order or cash for it through the mail. I live in Toronto, Canada so can you tell me if there is an extra charge to ship to me? Below is my postal code. I would prefer if you could email me at: stricklymaximas@hotmail.com with the price and your address to send the payment to. Thanks!

Nathan
postal code: L3R 7B7
Old 05-08-2002 | 06:31 PM

Dont forget about me.... i want the plexi too~!....i live in fullerton,cali....ahnyoungboi@aol.com
Old 05-08-2002 | 06:46 PM

Not to bad these days since you can pick one up at a junkyard for a decent price.
you can find 2k2 HIDs for cheap at a junkyard? not near me
Old 05-08-2002 | 07:22 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

I decided for $75 I will clear out anyones 2002 headlights. It's a big risk to do so I know a lot of you are afraid to do it so I am willing to help out and make a little money in the prosess. I will gaurantee the headlights to not be cracked or damaged. The shipping method is up to you whether it be overnight, prioraty, ground etc., all shipping charges will be added to the cost($75). The day after I recieve the headlights I will have them shipped back out with a tracking # and insurance(if asked for). I am located in Rhode Island, drop me a email at: emax1995@yahoo.com if you want to have your lights done.

If there are 10 or more people by the end of the week(mothers day) I will do the headlights for $65.

Ethan
damn why couldn't i ahve seen this the other day before they were on my car. if i come down to your house how long you think it would take total. i need to get your catback and i want to have this done too.

-steve
Old 05-08-2002 | 07:54 PM

Re: Re: If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

damn why couldn't i ahve seen this the other day before they were on my car. if i come down to your house how long you think it would take total. i need to get your catback and i want to have this done too.

-steve
It takes about 3 hours to remove, clear and then re-install the headlights.
Old 05-08-2002 | 08:17 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

It takes about 3 hours to remove, clear and then re-install the headlights.
hmm i suppose we could do that if you dont mind me sitting aroudn waiting and what not. maybe we could do another mod while i'm there while you do that. matt will prolly come with me. wanna email me your phone number so we can work something out.

-steve
Old 05-08-2002 | 08:19 PM

I will PM you.
Old 06-01-2002 | 03:53 PM

I should have my 2k2 anyday now (after 4weeks of hassle w/ the guy)...& emax I want u to clear them out but I want the frosted plexi piece installed, so the bulb dont show--- anybody able to get the plexi b/c chinaonnitrous1 stated above he could but doesnt seem he can b/c he didnt respond to any emails for them!

the above pic is what it looks like w/ the plexi

whoever can get these email me @ kpazzo6@aol.com

**do not pm me b/c its not working**
Old 06-01-2002 | 06:18 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

looks good emax. i wish i wasnt such chicken about these s jers inspections or i would have them done. they look splendid though. excellent job.
Old 06-01-2002 | 06:36 PM

Re: If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,

Ethan
i asked if you'd be willing to do this for me months ago but you said it wasnt worth the risk. so now that mothers day is coming up its worth the risk?

just messing with you. ive thought about this a lot and 1) im nto sure if i even have a problem with the orange lense in there now. it adds some much needed color to my black car...and 2) money is kind of important to me right now. i may do this though.

i guess i'd like to see some black cars with the orange cleared out.
Old 06-01-2002 | 06:45 PM

it just occured to me that mothers day was 2 weeks ago. then i realized this post is almost a month old. forgive me.

Quick Reply: If you want your 2002 headlights cleared,