5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Two races I always wanted to have, S4 and Altima 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 07:56 PM

Two races I always wanted to have, S4 and Altima 3.5

Today was a crazy day. I was involved into races I always wanted to have ever since I got my 2002 Maxima 6-speed.

First race was again Audi S4. I was getting on the highway, Mass Pike Weston tolls for the Boston guys. I see a blue S4 driving behind me, I love that color of S4. It was lowered with nice rims and exhaust. That is all I could see for what he had on the car.
Anyways, I pay my toll, so does he. He is first now cause I was slow at the toll
So I am behind him driving for about 10 minutes. Now I see there is an opening in the middle lane and I soon it opened up, he goes there and I follow him. I am in 5th gear now doing about 80mph about 4 cars behind him. I see him punch it and I drop it into 4th gear and it is on baby. About a second goes by and I start gaining on him pretty good. I go to 5th gear now at about 100mph or I am even with him now. Now the road started started making turns and that when I felt that I need to get H&Rs springs soon big time. I have my Stillen FSTB off the car now too, so car felt a little bit unbalanced.
Damn that was sweet, pulling on modded S4. He was probably Auto, but I wouldn't know. Anyways it was good race.

Second race. I am comming home after gym and see this Altima in front of me driving kinda agressive. I get closer and see it is 2002 3.5 SE one. I speed up and pass him, he noticed that and follows me.
Now the funniest part of this race. We come to the light, I am on the left, Altima is on the right and in the middle lane some speed bike, Suzuki I think. I see the guy in the Altima smiles at me and at that biker. Light turns green, I spin a little, grab second, by the end of 3rd gear I was about 5 cars ahead of the Altima and still pulling.
I let off and he comes up behind me, I drop it into 3rd again at about 60mph and again I gain about 5 cars on him.
It was great race. He was probably Auto, but I did pretty good anyways.

What a fun night it was.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:02 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Beware , Maxtor, or some other piece of garbage on the ORG will now infest this thread with reason why the S4 driver didnt know how to shift, or why your are incompetent !
Old 05-06-2002, 08:04 PM

Well, I think the S4 was Auto, but anyways it was a great race.
What are the numbers for S4 Auto?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2002, 08:12 PM

manual is like 5.4 0-60,

and the tiptronic is 5.9 flat
Old 05-06-2002, 08:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by kloogy
Beware , Maxtor, or some other piece of garbage on the ORG will now infest this thread with reason why the S4 driver didnt know how to shift, or why your are incompetent !
Are you sure he was even racing?
Old 05-06-2002, 08:56 PM
Maxtor

Your right!
A modded S4 auto or not would destroy a stock 6spd max. And you would not pull that much on an altima 3.5 L 5spd or auto if he was going full out to those speeds from 0-95ish 5 cars?? From 60 to the top of third (95ish) 5 cars??? Doesn't make any sense! The speeds he was going based on the gear he was in on the s4 race don't make sense! Shifting to 4th at 80 and gaining on a modded s4 within a second...ahhhh NO WAY...NICE TRY! Shifting into 5th at 100mph???? And pulling even and ready to pass a modded S4? YA RIGHT! Sounds like you raced a 2.5L altima and a rebadged modded A4!

Old 05-06-2002, 08:57 PM

Good Kill, Dany!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:13 PM

I don't really understand what you saying, but whatever I was there and that is what counts. I don't understand why you need to be so negative about this post.

I said that I was going in 5th gear at about 80mph. I dropped into 4th gear as soon I as I saw him punch it. I used to have 2000 SE 5-speed and I used to always drop it into 3rd gear at those speeds, that would give me the best power pick up, but I think 4th gear on my 2002 6-speed was as good in this situation.
Maxtor, do you even have a 2002 Maxima 6-speed? How do you know it will get distoryed by S4, especially if S4 was Auto. He had exhaust, yeah and maybe that was all for mods. I doubt he had a chip, if he did it would be bye bye to me.

And about Altima, I don't understand why I couldn't pull 5 cars on him? We started of the line and by the time I hit end of 3rd gear I was about 5 cars in front.

And emax, the guy in S4 was racing me, I mean it is pretty easy to tell. At least I can tell when I race someone who is racing me and who is just minding their own business. It is not that complicated to tell, you know?!?!
Old 05-06-2002, 09:19 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Dany, Emax is pullling your chain.. Maxtor is the kind of AMEBA that we dont need here. If you post that you Walked a YUGO, he will degrade you for it, he will always find a problem with anything you post. This is a syndrome that Shrinks study on a regular basis. Don't sweat it. 99 % of the ORG is not like that . Keep posting, just ignore his ramblings..
Old 05-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by Dany
I don't really understand what you saying, but whatever I was there and that is what counts. I don't understand why you need to be so negative about this post.

I said that I was going in 5th gear at about 80mph. I dropped into 4th gear as soon I as I saw him punch it. I used to have 2000 SE 5-speed and I used to always drop it into 3rd gear at those speeds, that would give me the best power pick up, but I think 4th gear on my 2002 6-speed was as good in this situation.
Maxtor, do you even have a 2002 Maxima 6-speed? How do you know it will get distoryed by S4, especially if S4 was Auto. He had exhaust, yeah and maybe that was all for mods. I doubt he had a chip, if he did it would be bye bye to me.

And about Altima, I don't understand why I couldn't pull 5 cars on him? We started of the line and by the time I hit end of 3rd gear I was about 5 cars in front.

And emax, the guy in S4 was racing me, I mean it is pretty easy to tell. At least I can tell when I race someone who is racing me and who is just minding their own business. It is not that complicated to tell, you know?!?!
It wasn't an S4 or he wasn't going full out! There is no way you would pull on an S4 at 80mph in 4th if he was racing. Read your post again you said you raced the altima twice. Once from a dead stop - 5 cars to the top of 3rd. From 60+ put 5 cars on him too etc..

Old 05-06-2002, 09:24 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I-G-N-O-R-E- !
Old 05-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Maxtor

Dany, Emax is pullling your chain.. Maxtor is the kind of AMEBA that we dont need here. If you post that you Walked a YUGO, he will degrade you for it, he will always find a problem with anything you post. This is a syndrome that Shrinks study on a regular basis. Don't sweat it. 99 % of the ORG is not like that . Keep posting, just ignore his ramblings..
All these "stories" are getting lame. Beating modded S4's at 80mph in 4th gear, auto 2k2 smoking 330s, maxima beating altimas by 5 cars etc..

Old 05-06-2002, 09:26 PM
Maxtor

I-G-N-O-R-E- !
V-I-D-E-O-S- !

R-E-A-L-I-T-Y - C-H-E-C-K- !

Old 05-06-2002, 09:29 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

On the street races.. that is REALITY ! Get off the board you piece of $%^% !
Old 05-06-2002, 09:35 PM

Yo, you need to re-read your post again. It was an S4, they only make S4 this color, plus the badges everywhere.
I did pull on S4 in 4th gear. Have you ever driven 2002 Maxima 6-speed on the highway?

About Altima yes I did pull on him from stop to top of third. And when he came to my rear bumper and I dropped into 3rd and pulled again a good chunk on him.

I don't understand what are you trying to prove or say?

Kloogy I agree, this guy just needs to be <b>IGNORED</b>

And dude, I think you are lame, and go video tape your maxima. Taking videos of your car is pretty retarded in my book.

Laterz.

Originally posted by Maxtor

It wasn't an S4 or he wasn't going full out! There is no way you would pull on an S4 at 80mph in 4th if he was racing. Read your post again you said you raced the altima twice. Once from a dead stop - 5 cars to the top of 3rd. From 60+ put 5 cars on him too etc..
Old 05-06-2002, 09:41 PM
Maxtor

Yo, you need to re-read your post again. It was an S4, they only make S4 this color, plus the badges everywhere.
I did pull on S4 in 4th gear. Have you ever driven 2002 Maxima 6-speed on the highway?

About Altima yes I did pull on him from stop to top of third. And when he came to my rear bumper and I dropped into 3rd and pulled again a good chunk on him.

I don't understand what are you trying to prove or say?

Kloogy I agree, this guy just needs to be <b>IGNORED</b>

And dude, I think you are lame, and go video tape your maxima. Taking videos of your car is pretty retarded in my book.

Laterz.

Not as retarded as posting up fantasy stories. You send these into Penthouse too? I've driven 2k2 auto max and altimas as well as 6spd an auto maximas and S4's. WAKE UP there is no way you are pulling on a modded S4 at 80mph in 4th gear!!!

Old 05-06-2002, 09:45 PM

I believe it....He probably raced a S4 Tiptronic. I raced a Asian dude from a roll in my dads 02' A8L and beat the guy by 2 cars at least. He was Auto and couldnt pull on me anywhere in the powerband. I raced him from a first gear roll and pulled pretty steadily on him. S4's post such good times because of AWD.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:47 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by MAX2000JP
I believe it....He probably raced a S4 Tiptronic. I raced a Asian dude from a roll in my dads 02' A8L and beat the guy by 2 cars at least. He was Auto and couldnt pull on me anywhere in the powerband. I raced him from a first gear roll and pulled pretty steadily on him. S4's post such good times because of AWD.
Well the one you ran wasn't modded and you weren't driving a 6spd Max??

Old 05-06-2002, 09:49 PM

Well the one you ran wasn't modded and you weren't driving a 6spd Max??
Come on man....How did u know it was modded?? He could have just had exhaust. Big deal u get like 7 hp. If it wasnt chipped then it wasnt really "modded". And BTW the A8 is just as fast as a S4 from a roll.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:52 PM
Maxtor

Come on man....How did u know it was modded?? He could have just had exhaust. Big deal u get like 7 hp. If it wasnt chipped then it wasnt really "modded". And BTW the A8 is just as fast as a S4 from a roll.
At least 7hp from the exhaust..maybe more...probably a rebadged a4! So what if an A8 is just as fast as an S4? Are you saying that a 6spd max in 4th gear at 80mph would pull on an A8 as well? That is the point!

Old 05-06-2002, 09:52 PM

Ok a question if the guy had just an exhaust on S4 it made it 11s car right. Ok thank you very much for the answer.
How much faster do you think he is with just an exhaust?!?
I know what Audi 1.8T chipped can do. My good friend has one. If this S4 was chipped I know it would have been different story.

And dude, I was just posting information for other people to know. It was just fun racing with those guys today.
Also, I don't really care WHAT YOU THINK (need to find a way to add this guy to my ignore list).

You go and dream about the 2002 6-speed Maxima dude.

Laterz. Have a nice night.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Maxtor

HELLO!!!! The point is that a 6spd Max is not going to pull on a auto/6spd/modded/or not modded Audi S4 at 80mph in 4th gear if the S4 is at WOT in optimal gear. ie RACING!

Old 05-06-2002, 09:55 PM

The S4 has a more aggressive stance doesn't it? I think the S4 in auto form is still faster than the Max, and launches better. I saw some fool in a Civic hatchback trying to take a A4 off the line. I don't think the Audi was trying and as the lights turned green the Civic spun like crazy.

Anyways can't expect to beat a car that cost a bundle more. They are nice cars, but would take a previous generation M3 for similar price.

As for the Altima, they are close so the better driver would prevail
Old 05-06-2002, 09:56 PM

hey dany IM NOT FLAMING YOU IN ANY WAY! but i have a 6 speed and at 80mph third is the best gear to drop to! wind 3rd out all the way and shift into 4th which winds out at 120mph then u shift to 5th..... i see where maxtor is coming from but he doesnt have to be a B!TCH about it! i dont think that u raced a S4 unless this guy was a complete jack A$$ that cant drive..... the only thing that makes me say that is if i remember corectly your rpms at 100mph are only at 5200rpms(max)in 4th gear which clearly is not hitting your peak hp..... and shifting to 5th @ 100mph would drop ur rpms to around 3500 which REALLY puts u out of the powerband! when i am racing someone i wind it out to 6900 rpms (on the tach.... its off by ~500rpms) and when i shift my rpms dont drop below 5k which keeps me up into my peak hp range which is my optimal shift point! once again im not flaming u im just looking at it from a stand point of if it was me racing and how my car feels when i drive it! if it was a S4 add one to ur kill list..... street racing isnt about who has a faster car on paper its about who has more ***** and knows how to drive!

will
Old 05-06-2002, 09:58 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by WILLSE
hey dany IM NOT FLAMING YOU IN ANY WAY! but i have a 6 speed and at 80mph third is the best gear to drop to! wind 3rd out all the way and shift into 4th which winds out at 120mph then u shift to 5th..... i see where maxtor is coming from but he doesnt have to be a B!TCH about it! i dont think that u raced a S4 unless this guy was a complete jack A$$ that cant drive..... the only thing that makes me say that is if i remember corectly your rpms at 100mph are only at 5200rpms(max)in 4th gear which clearly is not hitting your peak hp..... and shifting to 5th @ 100mph would drop ur rpms to around 3500 which REALLY puts u out of the powerband! when i am racing someone i wind it out to 6900 rpms (on the tach.... its off by ~500rpms) and when i shift my rpms dont drop below 5k which keeps me up into my peak hp range which is my optimal shift point! once again im not flaming u im just looking at it from a stand point of if it was me racing and how my car feels when i drive it! if it was a S4 add one to ur kill list..... street racing isnt about who has a faster car on paper its about who has more ***** and knows how to drive!

will
Thank you! Someone who makes sense!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:01 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Thank you! Someone who makes sense!
Listen you sorry sack of ****...."I see where maxtor is coming from but he doesnt have to be a B!TCH about it!"......Did you miss this part ! ******* !
Old 05-06-2002, 10:01 PM

Clearly this guy can't read. As I stated before this was a real S4. NOT A REBAGED A4. They only make S4 IN THIS COLOR. It was Nogara Blue color.

Now tell me that guy painted his car the same color as S4.

You make me laugth. You so full of $HiT.

At least 7hp from the exhaust..maybe more...probably a rebadged a4! So what if an A8 is just as fast as an S4? Are you saying that a 6spd max in 4th gear at 80mph would pull on an A8 as well? That is the point!
Old 05-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Maxtor

Clearly?

Clearly this guy can't read. As I stated before this was a real S4. NOT A REBAGED A4. They only make S4 IN THIS COLOR. It was Nogara Blue color.

Now tell me that guy painted his car the same color as S4.

You make me laugth. You so full of $HiT.

Clearly you are out to lunch! Either it wasn't and S4 or the S4 was not going full out. PERIOD!

HELLO!!!! The point is that a 6spd Max is not going to pull on a auto/6spd/modded/or not modded Audi S4 at 80mph in 4th gear if the S4 is at WOT in optimal gear. ie RACING!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:03 PM

Oh well too many variables to tell who is right and wrong. He could have been in the wrong gear...Blah Blah Blah.
Old 05-06-2002, 10:05 PM
Maxtor

Oh well too many variables to tell who is right and wrong. He could have been in the wrong gear...Blah Blah Blah.
Yet another smart man!

Exactly it wasn't a "real" race!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:07 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Hey maxtor...Do you own an S4..If not what do you own ! I want to race you , and I have a lot of V8 buddies who read this forum, and they want to rip you a new one. Can you and your Citation beat anyone, or you daddy's Yugo, or your mom's GEO....? Let me go to the guy I sold my 12 second stang to, he lives 15 minutes from me, I can still go get it, and smoke any A4. or S4 or A-HOLE or any Crap you can stool in your toilet !
Old 05-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Maxtor

Hey maxtor...Do you own an S4..If not what do you own ! I want to race you , and I have a lot of V8 buddies who read this forum, and they want to rip you a new one. Can you and your Citation beat anyone, or you daddy's Yugo, or your mom's GEO....? Let me go to the guy I sold my 12 second stang to, he lives 15 minutes from me, I can still go get it, and smoke any A4. or S4 or A-HOLE or any Crap you can stool in your toilet !
This post of yours really enforces the validity of your "racing" story posts!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:10 PM

soooo many maxima enthusiasts argueing about stoopid kills...

hey how come we never talk about cars that kill the maxi... e.g. tonight i was on comm. ave in boston. Pretty wide three lane main road. Coming to a light and behind me i noticed a eclipse debadged lowered with HIDs reving up as we both approached the red... He musta noticed my Greddy and the sound it was making cuz he wanted to race pretty badly... he slowed down letting me pass and gave me a couple of meters... then punched it in first gear to catch up... once he pulled aside me he braked again to let me pass... At this point, I hear a blow off valve. With my mouth wide open, we both reached the light and I turn on my hazards and let him peel off... i was afraid... im not only a newbie maxima.org member im also a newbie stick driver and i refuse to race anything that goes wahPSHHHHUSHHHS...
Old 05-06-2002, 10:12 PM

Wooaaa, you win dude.

Even though I did pull on real S4. Feels good.

Yet another smart man!
Exactly it was a "real" race! And he did pull on S4.
Kloogy you got a great car, love the color. How do you like the Intake? Do you have the FrankenCar with Berk?
Old 05-06-2002, 10:15 PM
Maxtor

Originally posted by redfly17

hey how come we never talk about cars that kill the maxi... e.g. tonight i was on comm. ave in boston. Pretty wide three lane main road. Coming to a light and behind me i noticed a eclipse debadged lowered with HIDs reving up as we both approached the red... He musta noticed my Greddy and the sound it was making cuz he wanted to race pretty badly... he slowed down letting me pass and gave me a couple of meters... then punched it in first gear to catch up... once he pulled aside me he braked again to let me pass... At this point, I hear a blow off valve. With my mouth wide open, we both reached the light and I turn on my hazards and let him peel off... i was afraid... im not only a newbie maxima.org member im also a newbie stick driver and i refuse to race anything that goes wahPSHHHHUSHHHS...
Some people like to reverse their stories and post them up on the net. Gimme a break! I can't believe anyone is even arguing with me about the point of being in 4th gear at 80mph and pulling on an S4 (in this case even modded) that is racing. I realize this is a maxima site but lets at least post some realistic stories and cut down the ones that don't make any sense!

Old 05-06-2002, 10:17 PM

Hey dude you from Boston, that's cool. I am from Boston as well.
What year Maxima do you have? I am looking to install H&Rs in my car soon, but I need to find good shop to do it. Do you know of any?

Thanks.

Old 05-06-2002, 10:20 PM

i refuse to race anything that goes wahPSHHHHUSHHHS... [/B]
thats sad to hear!! i want to race the guy more if i hear a BOV or see a FMIC!! i love seeing cars get on it! to be honest im not ashamed of losing....... any car that is faster than mine has PROPS from me..... u never know it could have been a gs eclipse with 200k miles on it with a turbo kit that pushes no more than 4 psi with a loud BOV!! i know this probably wasnt the case but im just sayin RACE ANYONE AND EVERYONE no matter what they drive .... y be ashamed if someone has a faster car? and just think if u raced the eclipse and he had hella mods and u beat him the big OMG YOU DRIVE A FAMILY CAR HOW DID U BEAT ME LOOK!!! i love that look! it tickles me to death!

will
Old 05-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Maxtor

Wooaaa, you win dude.

Even though I did pull on real S4. Feels good.

Kloogy you got a great car, love the color. How do you like the Intake? Do you have the FrankenCar with Berk?
You might as well have pulled on one that is parked! It wasn't a real race! Maybe next time....

Old 05-06-2002, 10:23 PM

Wanna Race..
Old 05-06-2002, 10:26 PM

Some people like to reverse their stories and post them up on the net. Gimme a break! I can't believe anyone is even arguing with me about the point of being in 4th gear at 80mph and pulling on an S4 (in this case even modded) that is racing. I realize this is a maxima site but lets at least post some realistic stories and cut down the ones that don't make any sense!
Maxtor, I am not reversing anything. I never post any kill stories here. It might be my second story for the 4 years I have been here. Starting from 95 SE 5-speed, 2000 SE 5-speed and now 2002 SE 6-speed.

I just don't understand why are u so negative?
So that means all those runs that people did in 14.3 and 14.2 range for stock 6-speed Max. And I also read here, not sure if it is true, that somebody ran 13.97 on 6-speed Maxima. In my book those are pretty fast times. I am pretty good driver with a stick too.

All your posts tell me that you think 6-speed Maxima is slow. Well to each his own.
What do you drive anyways, I am just curious?

Quick Reply: Two races I always wanted to have, S4 and Altima 3.5