5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 07:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Sorry for leaking incorrect information about JIC Coilovers in an earlier post. Here is the latest update straight from JIC.

I dropped of my car at JIC this morning and as of now the suspension is on my car. The kit that I got is the top dawg FLT-A2 15 way adjustable coilovers. At this time, this is the only kit that will be offered for the A33 chassis. They are $1825 retail which is heafty but considering what you are getting, it is a very good value.
Old 05-07-2002, 07:27 PM
lcf

so uh, how does it drive?
Old 05-07-2002, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by lcf
so uh, how does it drive?
My car will be with them for a few days so that they can thorougly test them and make sure they perform. They are 15 way adjustable so you will be able to dial in ride characteristics to a degree. I'm just as excited as you are to see how they ride!

PS- who ever wants sets please email me.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:20 PM
lcf

Originally posted by cobymoby

My car will be with them for a few days so that they can thorougly test them and make sure they perform. They are 15 way adjustable so you will be able to dial in ride characteristics to a degree. I'm just as excited as you are to see how they ride!

PS- who ever wants sets please email me.
dood, i am way interested but $2000 bucks is difficult to part with. whats cool is my parents just visited me and paid off about 2 grand of my debts so now i am debt free. however, id rather not get into debt again so quickly, ya know? im doing my best to only go with cash purchases from now on. we'll see what happens.

Old 05-07-2002, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by lcf
dood, i am way interested but $2000 bucks is difficult to part with. whats cool is my parents just visited me and paid off about 2 grand of my debts so now i am debt free. however, id rather not get into debt again so quickly, ya know? im doing my best to only go with cash purchases from now on. we'll see what happens.

I wouldn't charge you guys full retail!
Old 05-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I wouldn't charge you guys full retail!
Can you tell us what you would charge if we had five orders?
Old 05-07-2002, 09:30 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Originally posted by ohboiya

Can you tell us what you would charge if we had five orders?

PLEEEEEEEEEASE DON'T!!!!!!!

My CC balance is NOT going to like it!
Old 05-07-2002, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by IceY2K1

PLEEEEEEEEEASE DON'T!!!!!!!

My CC balance is NOT going to like it!

Let me run some numbers.......
Old 05-07-2002, 10:03 PM

Re: JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Sorry for leaking incorrect information about JIC Coilovers in an earlier post. Here is the latest update straight from JIC.

I dropped of my car at JIC this morning and as of now the suspension is on my car. The kit that I got is the top dawg FLT-A2 15 way adjustable coilovers. At this time, this is the only kit that will be offered for the A33 chassis. They are $1825 retail which is heafty but considering what you are getting, it is a very good value.
not to sound like a jerk off, but, wow what a waste of money for a street suspension...

stick to the other choices... they are nicer to the wallet and exceptionally more logical.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:17 PM
Mauja He Mauja

Originally posted by lcf

so how does it feel to be spoon fed j/k
Old 05-08-2002, 12:42 AM

Re: Re: JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Originally posted by Driven EF9

not to sound like a jerk off, but, wow what a waste of money for a street suspension...

stick to the other choices... they are nicer to the wallet and exceptionally more logical.
true...BUT..theres nothing like being able to dial in your ride...with almost 15,000 miles in 9 months im gonna be adjusting quite a bit..from San Fran to Los Angeles road trips...to crusing...to the autox track...for 5th gens....as of now..youd hafta get $380 for ground controls ...about 550 ish for the modified KYB's through cattmann...about 100 in mounts i think...then you gotta modify the car..youd spend about 1100 on the whole setup...with installation...if that jic kit comes in at about 1500..it should be a sweet deal. Otherwise i agree..some maxspeed springs and kybs should do great!
Old 05-08-2002, 03:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Yep maxspeeds and KYBs here.
Nothing fancy. First i need a new tire
Roger
Old 05-08-2002, 03:43 AM

Wow ... do you ever have n e thing pleasant or positive to say n e more? You've totally turned anti-Maxima since you got rid of it ...

Just an observation ...
Old 05-08-2002, 05:07 AM

Civic?

This coming from someone who has spent all that money on a $1000 Civic.

Consider the source, and make your decision based on that.
Old 05-08-2002, 05:55 AM

Kam,

As much as I respect your opinion when it comes to these matters, please keep in mind that some of us are as much the enthusiast as you are. You have personally seen me and a few others at road race events at LVMS with open-track and speedtrial. I highly doubt anyone is going to get swindled into spending 1800 dollars of their hard earned cash on something they don't feel they need. Those with the money and the inclination will buy them, those who don't wont. Either way it's great to have another product for our limited aftermarket. I have been waiting for a real bolt-on application for 5th gen maxima suspension for a long time. The fact that it comes from a reputable company like JIC and also is a fully adjustable coilover system is just gravy.

To me, and I'm sure a few others these have great appeal:

1. I don't care about ride quality.
2. I don't care about noise.
3. I will sacrifice the above two if it allows me to fine tune my handling characteristics.

Cobymoby: I would love to buy these from you, but as i am also in california there is the small problem of SALES TAX ouch I think I might have to go through an out of state distributor. Lame aint it.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:47 AM

alright...

Firstly, I don't think it's a problem if you get a full suspension if you actually USE it. Chinkzilla... you are one of the few who would (along with Irvine). The problem i see is people who are going to waste their money and never use it. Granted, it's their money, but to stand aside and let it happen?

Originally posted by nddst:
This coming from someone who has spent all that money on a $1000 Civic. Consider the source, and make your decision based on that.
Funny, i'm sure you and your Maxima couldn't hold a candle to me and my "civic"...care to put your money where you mouth is? Interesting though, to say my comments aren't worthy due to the vehicle i chose to race? Absurb.

It's like this... a guy who just drives his car to and from work, then spends $2000 on a rollcage, fire supressant system and a racing suit... but he NEVER races... that's the same concept of the fully adjustable struts for a street maxima that never sees the track. It's a need vs. want. Think about the folks who actually race their cars...ask how many of them have $1600+ coilovers. I bet most of them use a basic spring/shock package (ie. GCs and Konis).
Old 05-08-2002, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by Chinkzilla

Cobymoby: I would love to buy these from you, but as i am also in california there is the small problem of SALES TAX ouch I think I might have to go through an out of state distributor. Lame aint it.

No sales tax from me if you are buying directly! If you are close to OC/LA you can also pick them up.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:07 AM

It's all relative to what you think your money is well spent on. For the money that I spent on my Maxima I could have bought THREE fully built 13 sec B16A CRX's all pulling 1.0 G but that wouldn't be the same as having ONE Maxima now is it? The wheels that I'm going to buy are worth as much as a 91 CRX SI but I am still going to buy my wheels.

Everyone is entitled to their own oppinions. And Kam, I'm not trying to start a flame war. Peace.
Old 05-08-2002, 11:01 AM

Re: JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled

Funny how I said this and no one beleived me... I told everyone that the SF-1 system wasn't going to be made for the A33 chasis!! So where is Avalon's smart comment now!!!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:07 PM

No sales tax from me if you are buying directly! If you are close to OC/LA you can also pick them up.
Yay! I'm in OC!
Old 05-08-2002, 02:10 PM

Yay! I'm in OC!
I'll trade you 20 plexiglass peices for you 2k2 headlights..if you buy me a set of thoes JIC! oh...you gotta e-mail me your adress..so i can send ya a set...chinaonnitrous1@aol.com
Old 05-09-2002, 12:40 AM

Yay! I'm in OC!
FREE JIC coilovers with an intake purchase! No wait...how about a free intake with a purchase of JIC's!
Old 05-09-2002, 03:54 AM

Let me run some numbers.......
Run the #'s dude!
Old 05-09-2002, 07:04 AM

alright...

Firstly, I don't think it's a problem if you get a full suspension if you actually USE it. Chinkzilla... you are one of the few who would (along with Irvine). The problem i see is people who are going to waste their money and never use it. Granted, it's their money, but to stand aside and let it happen?

Funny, i'm sure you and your Maxima couldn't hold a candle to me and my "civic"...care to put your money where you mouth is? Interesting though, to say my comments aren't worthy due to the vehicle i chose to race? Absurb.

It's like this... a guy who just drives his car to and from work, then spends $2000 on a rollcage, fire supressant system and a racing suit... but he NEVER races... that's the same concept of the fully adjustable struts for a street maxima that never sees the track. It's a need vs. want. Think about the folks who actually race their cars...ask how many of them have $1600+ coilovers. I bet most of them use a basic spring/shock package (ie. GCs and Konis).
Why would you worry about what people want to put on there vehicles. You drive a front wheel drive in Autocross lots of people do. But I think that the best way to go for autocross is rearwheel drive so are you being absurb by driving a front wheel drive?? I don't think so because it's your money and your time so who am I to judge your preferences. People are going to buy these coilovers regardless.
Old 05-09-2002, 07:27 PM

My car is done but I won't have it until tomorrow evening. I may take it out to Vegas this weekend so I'll have 600 miles of driving to see how they feel.

I will definately offer these at special prices so please email me at bryan@berktuning.com and I'll give you the prices. There is NO sales tax on these items.

Berk Tuning brought it to you first!
Old 05-24-2002, 02:22 PM

Update?

Anyone else buy a set, yet?

Just wondering.
Old 05-24-2002, 02:47 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

Driven EF9

you know what they say about assuming, but without the part about making an *** of me..
Old 05-24-2002, 02:56 PM

Re: Driven EF9

Originally posted by TimW
you know what they say about assuming, but without the part about making an *** of me..

K?
Old 05-24-2002, 04:17 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

well..

eh.. not worth explaining.. no big deal..
Old 05-25-2002, 02:16 PM

alright...

It's a need vs. want. Think about the folks who actually race their cars...ask how many of them have $1600+ coilovers. I bet most of them use a basic spring/shock package (ie. GCs and Konis).
*sniff* *sniff* I'm one of those on the track without coilovers...and I want them!

Sorry for trolling around on the 5th gen forum...
Old 05-25-2002, 04:34 PM

Bump. still watching this thread very closely.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:05 AM

Originally posted by MaxedBandit

*sniff* *sniff* I'm one of those on the track without coilovers...and I want them!

Sorry for trolling around on the 5th gen forum...
These are available for 4th gen too!
Old 05-26-2002, 08:13 AM

LONG- Sorry!

Originally posted by freeze2k2
Bump. still watching this thread very closely.

They have been on my car for a few weeks now. I've put on almost 2000 miles on in less than a month!! We had a mini meet in Irvine a few weeks back and I took 4 people for a ride.

It feels great! I have it setup in the middle, not too stiff, not too soft. Just very sporty. The people in the car said that the ride was very smooth, almost stock feeling. The car is not dropped too much right now because it is my daily driver. I can't be scraping all over the place. It can go a few inches lower but for the time being I'll keep it as is. We drove around a parking lot, going over speed bumps over and over to see if it would bottom out but nothing happened, even with 4 people in the car.

I'm going to fiddle with it again and see if I can get it setup LOW, but still comfortable like a Max should be.

Poke around the west coast forum to talk to the other people that took a ride. Sorry but the only screen name I remember is chinkzilla.

Thanks for reading this LONG post!

Bryan
Old 05-26-2002, 09:35 AM

Re: LONG- Sorry!

They have been on my car for a few weeks now. I've put on almost 2000 miles on in less than a month!! We had a mini meet in Irvine a few weeks back and I took 4 people for a ride.

It feels great! I have it setup in the middle, not too stiff, not too soft. Just very sporty. The people in the car said that the ride was very smooth, almost stock feeling. The car is not dropped too much right now because it is my daily driver. I can't be scraping all over the place. It can go a few inches lower but for the time being I'll keep it as is. We drove around a parking lot, going over speed bumps over and over to see if it would bottom out but nothing happened, even with 4 people in the car.

I'm going to fiddle with it again and see if I can get it setup LOW, but still comfortable like a Max should be.

Poke around the west coast forum to talk to the other people that took a ride. Sorry but the only screen name I remember is chinkzilla.

Where's the pix!

Thanks for reading this LONG post!

Bryan
Old 05-26-2002, 06:37 PM

I agree, best aftermarket suspension I've ever rode on in a maxima!

Feels stock, handles um... not so stock
Old 05-26-2002, 06:39 PM
lcf

I agree, best aftermarket suspension I've ever rode on in a maxima!

Feels stock, handles um... not so stock
what size was the drop when you rode in it? stock height? comparable to which springs' height?
Old 05-26-2002, 06:43 PM

How many inches was the drop???
Old 05-26-2002, 09:55 PM
lcf

Originally posted by jhans114
How many inches was the drop???
thats what i thought i asked!!
Old 05-26-2002, 10:02 PM

Originally posted by lcf
what size was the drop when you rode in it? stock height? comparable to which springs' height?
there was about 2 fingers gap in the rear wheel well so I'd assume that's just a teeny bit lower than eibachs... but what does it matter they're coilovers they can be as low as you like
Old 05-26-2002, 10:39 PM
lcf

they're coilovers they can be as low as you like
yes, i know. this is why i am interesting in possibly buying a set for my car. i think someone said before that even the ride could be adjusted separately from the drop but im thinking that if its dropped real low the ride will still be "somewhat" compromised... i want the capability of the fully adjustable drop, BUT i dont want to feel it in my ***.

THIS is why i asked how much cobymobys car was dropped.

i hope that cleared it up for you.

Quick Reply: JIC Magic Coilovers - Rumors Dispelled