5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Chromies? or racing style rims?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 12:29 PM

Chromies? or racing style rims?

alright I kinda like the rims on the new max so thats why I waited to get my rims last, but now i have the stillen rear valence and the big mouth fascia(which let me tell you looks so good with the majestic blue) and im puzzled and dont know what to get I think if I get chromes i gotta go with the zenetti vegas in 18's(because I aint spending over 2gs on wheels) and if i want a racey look im gonna have to go with a flat out 5 star wheel or the new tantrum 2's or maybe even the first tantrums.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:03 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

Originally posted by Blue2k2Max
alright I kinda like the rims on the new max so thats why I waited to get my rims last, but now i have the stillen rear valence and the big mouth fascia(which let me tell you looks so good with the majestic blue) and im puzzled and dont know what to get I think if I get chromes i gotta go with the zenetti vegas in 18's(because I aint spending over 2gs on wheels) and if i want a racey look im gonna have to go with a flat out 5 star wheel or the new tantrum 2's or maybe even the first tantrums.
I don't like the chrome look personally.. And the tantrums are too common now. I'd go with some racing rims...probably the Mille Maglias....I think that's how you spell it.
Old 05-12-2002, 02:09 PM

Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

if you go chrome might well go bigger to fill that ugly gap that maxs come with, but if you choose to go with the racing look, i like the konig verdicts (black opal). plus you can get those in 19's!

Originally posted by Blue2k2Max
Old 05-12-2002, 03:24 PM

Re: Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

Originally posted by kakipopo
if you go chrome might well go bigger to fill that ugly gap that maxs come with, but if you choose to go with the racing look, i like the konig verdicts (black opal). plus you can get those in 19's!

im having the same dilemma, either white 19's or chrome 18's (not ghetto chrome). i think either way it will look good
Old 05-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

Originally posted by ChoppaBoy

im having the same dilemma, either white 19's or chrome 18's (not ghetto chrome). i think either way it will look good
I agree with ChappaBoy on this one because i'm looking at the same wheels except i'll go no bigger than 18's on both white or chrome. Really it just comes down to what you want, luxury or sport look. Both look nice, but both are very different. Choose one and then post the pics so we can see.
Old 05-12-2002, 04:48 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

Originally posted by 1BADMAX

I agree with ChappaBoy on this one because i'm looking at the same wheels except i'll go no bigger than 18's on both white or chrome. Really it just comes down to what you want, luxury or sport look. Both look nice, but both are very different. Choose one and then post the pics so we can see.
i think it also depends on the color of your car. chrome doesnt stand out as much on lighter color cars, but it looks really sharp on dark colors like black, MB or merlot

especially at night
Old 05-12-2002, 05:05 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Im a fan of CHROME.. we all have our prefferences...
Old 05-12-2002, 05:08 PM

Rims

Get chrome for the looks, heavy though. The silver wheels look good too, racing style and you can get some light ones too.

best of luck
Old 05-12-2002, 05:59 PM

yea im not going any bigger than 18's, but i think i might go with chrome as of now, because looks are really all that matters to me
Old 05-12-2002, 06:36 PM

Re: Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

Originally posted by kakipopo

I like the gianelle 5twins on your car I was also looking a those, i wouldnt go with 20's because too much loot, but where did u get yours and how much did you pay because right now its a battle between the gianelle's, the zenetti vega's and the zenetti mystiks
Old 05-12-2002, 08:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Chromies? or racing style rims?

i got hooked up with the gianelle's. i paid about 2900 w/ toyo proxes T1-S's. normally the rims run about 700 a wheel and the proxes run about 300 a tire. so i saved a good grand. i originally was looking at 19" axis muse but when i found out i could get 20's i jumped right on that! in your case i would go with the vega's. i had 18" KMC tramps before these and at that time i was looking at the vega's. i think they're bad. they're very close to the 5twins, but im not crazy about the mystiks. good luck deciding!
[
QUOTE]Originally posted by Blue2k2Max

I like the gianelle 5twins on your car I was also looking a those, i wouldnt go with 20's because too much loot, but where did u get yours and how much did you pay because right now its a battle between the gianelle's, the zenetti vega's and the zenetti mystiks
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-12-2002, 08:47 PM

I like

Originally posted by kloogy
True that.
I thought about getting silver, but after having chromies it felt like I would be "downgrading" back to silver, so I got chrome.
I paid same money as I would for the Mille Miglia's Evo5s 18s in silver, so i'm happy.
It's your choice.
Old 05-12-2002, 08:50 PM

Chrome

Originally posted by kloogy
Me too, I even have a chrome rear license plate frame.

I thought about getting silver rims, but after having chromies it felt like I would be "downgrading" back to silver, so I got chrome.
I paid same money as I would for the Mille Miglia's Evo5s 18s in silver(the only other rims I was considering), so i'm happy.
It's your choice.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

go chrome