5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 12:41 PM

What would you do?

Right then.Ive been cleared to purchase some goodies for my car.After this there will be nothing added for a year.If you were in my situation what would you do?
1.Cattman full catback exhaust,RSB and tint.

2.Rims and tires.

I cant decide and my wife wants me to get it overwith.Please enlighten me on what you would do and a short note on why.Thanks again for replying to my stupid ?'s, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:47 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: What would you do?

Originally posted by Norm02SE
Right then.Ive been cleared to purchase some goodies for my car.After this there will be nothing added for a year.If you were in my situation what would you do?
1.Cattman full catback exhaust,RSB and tint.

2.Rims and tires.

I cant decide and my wife wants me to get it overwith.Please enlighten me on what you would do and a short note on why.Thanks again for replying to my stupid ?'s, it is greatly appreciated.
Actually, I would go with

1. tint $175
2. intake $60
3. Y pipe $400
4. coil overs and springs $500
Old 05-12-2002, 03:00 PM

I would go with intake, y pipe, cat-back then when u mod your car next,, go with rims, suspension and some sort of body kit
Old 05-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2002 SE rims look nice just the way they are. If you want good handeling go straight for shocks and springs, if you do the install your self you can get a nice setup for $500 or less, especialy if you get the stuff used. BTW If you have a nice supension setup the sway bars do very little. The cattman exhaust is nice IMO if you have a Y-Pipe and your trying to squeze some extra power out with out noise. You don't have headers or a Y-pipe though so I would just get a pair of exhaust tips or maybe just leave it alone. I would get tint and a franken ram intake. Your car will look and sound real nice doing what I said and it will handle a lot better.