5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 07:05 AM

I've been waiting. Thanks checks in the mail.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:10 AM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I will post here

as soon your order hits the mail. I will be able to ship the same day I get your check.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:49 AM

My HEADLIGHTS JUST GOT STOLEN!

Went home 2:00am in the morning, woke up this morning at 6:00am and my 2002 maxima GLE headlight is stolen!!!! Call the cops, insurance and drove the car to the dealership. As I was driving, 3 blocks down another maxima headlight got stolen also. I got to the dealer and like 2 more maxima got their headlight stolen, which is parked in front of the service dept!!! This is F*up. How can they sell a flagship car and the hood can be easily open and headlights can be taken off in less then 5 minutes!!!! We should all set something up and send it to nissan and complain!!! This is BS. Thank got someone told me about this site. I am for sure will order a few sets from Tim. For those of you that don't have it, I will suggest hurry up and get them. I think the damn dealers printed a list of Nissan Maxima 2002 owners and give it to the crooks so they know where all the cars are! The more I think about it the more I get mad!!!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:00 AM

MY HEADLIGHTS GOT STOLEN

almost forget, for those that want to know, This happened in Brooklyn, New York!!
Old 05-17-2002, 09:16 AM

you NYC guys...

you may want to get some Loctite thread lock and some epoxy to fill in the pattern once installed. These NYC thieves are going mediaval on your HIDs.. They may still defeat these bolts, but they will need some serious time and some light (to see what's retaining them)

I'm still working on the lower clip retaining wire.
Old 05-17-2002, 10:18 AM

My Headlights got stolen!

Well guys, I wrote an email to the Attorney General to pursue this matter. I would suggest that anyone that got their headlights stolen do the same. One thing I am trying to push them to recall the vehicle to secure the hood and headlights better as down the road lots and lots of people will get their headlights stolen especially once they find out its that easy to steal. I believe if we have enough complains, this will happen. I just got an update from my insurance adjuster and its costing me $4000 to repair the 2 headlights. My insurance is definitely gonna go up! Its costing us consumer extra $$$ to drive and especially to own Maxima!
Old 05-17-2002, 12:00 PM

well..

acura HIDs are harder to steal.. so they are hooking chains to the bumpers and yanking off the ENTIRE bumper.. then prying up the hood with a crowbar, taking out the fenders in the process. So you end up needing new lights AND an entire front cap.

I'm not sure there is any sure way to secure these lights. :/ if they want them bad enough and have the time and confidence they will not get caught, they will simply destroy your car to get them.

I'm hoping the new bolts simply give them so much frustration they give up or they take so long to loosen that something spooks them before they can.

There's no cure for those guys who will use a chainsaw in broad daylight on a busy street.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I too live in Brooklyn and I'm scared to park on any street for longer than 2 minutes. Just bought my car 2 weeks ago. Tim, I'd like a kit. Can I send you a money order?
Old 05-17-2002, 12:56 PM

yep..

see the page before this one..
Old 05-17-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: My HEADLIGHTS JUST GOT STOLEN!

Originally posted by HKSturboKid
Went home 2:00am in the morning, woke up this morning at 6:00am and my 2002 maxima GLE headlight is stolen!!!! Call the cops, insurance and drove the car to the dealership. As I was driving, 3 blocks down another maxima headlight got stolen also. I got to the dealer and like 2 more maxima got their headlight stolen, which is parked in front of the service dept!!! This is F*up. How can they sell a flagship car and the hood can be easily open and headlights can be taken off in less then 5 minutes!!!! We should all set something up and send it to nissan and complain!!! This is BS. Thank got someone told me about this site. I am for sure will order a few sets from Tim. For those of you that don't have it, I will suggest hurry up and get them. I think the damn dealers printed a list of Nissan Maxima 2002 owners and give it to the crooks so they know where all the cars are! The more I think about it the more I get mad!!!
Sorry to hear that Kid. Where is Brooklyn did it happened?
Old 05-17-2002, 01:11 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Dixit....

See what you started!

It's all YOUR fault.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:11 PM

bay ridge brooklyn and the car bought from bay ridge nissan.
Old 05-17-2002, 06:43 PM

I live in Sheepshead Bay area. I just installed Tim's Security kit (Thanks Tim!) and may be today I will not see nightmare about stolen headlights. It's f&*^ink unbelievable! Did they damaged anything else on the car? I fell your pain Man, really do. Good luck with repair. Try to have this done somewhere else, like Jersey or Upstate. Brooklyn Nissan's are sucks Big Time.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:27 PM

Headlights got stolen.

GeneK, The cost to repair this will be around $4,000. The electrical harness is all mess up. They have to replace the harness according to the insurance adjuster and the dealer. The insurance adjuster told me that he drives the same 2002 maxima and he have some special screws tap into the headlights and a custom hook lock. Guess what they freaking rip it right out of his car and costed more damage. They didn't really care about the headlights, but only the HID unit and the bulb. He said that it cost him over $8,000 to fix his car!!!!

All I can say is whoever you are.....what goes around comes around.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:10 PM

I heard there is prob a team up in college point, queens the mecca of all the stolen car parts in NYC areas who is specialling in this. Im guessing since so many lights off the acura, 2002 max, bmw are getting jacked and cleanly(even the acuras, lexus lights) a crew has to be knowing how to do it and fast. They took mine in 3 min, shut off security system(dont ask me how but they did), cleanly took out the lights and harness by removing each screw, no fngerprints or anything. This is a warning to anyone with HID in NYC do not street park your car. Do not take it to a parking lot without valet or security. They are jacking them from hotel parking lots, restaurant parking lots, dealerships, every where. Forget about the movie theater unless it is in a nice neighborhood. They are waiting outside for you, follow you in, see which movie you go into, then go outside and jack your lights.(in one of NYC newspapers, caught two people doing this) The cops told me this, the insurance told me this, my boys told me this, their boys told me this. The dealership Im getting the replacement hid for my had 6 people with the same problem on the same weekend. But good thing is your insurance does not go up. I talk to my agent and since it is a theft, it does affect the premiums. They will go up though at the end of year because the new rates for a max 2002 will be higher because they are being targeted and so many claims are being handled. My repair costs are only going to be 2000-3000. 4000? Wow. but dont worry the national back order will mean more waiting time. nissan likes to mess with us. Nice car but no security. and like timw said no way to protect against this.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:12 PM

oops.. i mean does not affect your premiums
Old 05-17-2002, 08:31 PM

I'll send a check tomorrow.

Thanks....

Old 05-17-2002, 09:18 PM

yeah.. these new bolts

are basically like wheel locks, there are pros you just cant stop I wish I knew how they were defeating the hood switch. There may be a way to move it, or block access to it (if they are inserting a slim jim in there to hold it down then popping the hood)
Old 05-18-2002, 01:42 AM

I'm in

Check is going in the mail today.
Old 05-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Yankees pwn you !

Re: sure... MOs are fine...

Originally posted by TimW
just dont forget to give me a shipping address
Money Order is in the mail today. I included my mailing address in the envelope. Thanks Again.
Old 05-18-2002, 11:37 AM

My headlights got stolen

When I get my car back, I will setup some boobie traps for them. I know there is a law against boobie trap but I don't give a **** at this point. Whoever it is will get a good surprise. I know when I see blood on the floor the next day I see my headlights.
Old 05-18-2002, 12:05 PM

if...

youre serious... I mean, seriously crazy.. and you really want to secure the housings... I mean ***** out, they are there for life and you'd lose a finger if you tried to take them, then shoot a PM to Chimp Dj. He's got some ideas..
Old 05-18-2002, 02:39 PM

Payback time!

Thanks TimW. Cuz I am totally P!ss off and I have no garage and whatsoever for rent by where I am. My car will be on the street. I don't want to bring the car back to the dealer weekly to get new headlights. I'll even sleep in the car with a bat if I have to.
Old 05-18-2002, 05:12 PM

One of my buddies just told me that his friend saw someone stealing headlights last night from his apartment window last night. It was about 2:00am last night, 2 guys (spanish) one driving, the other one got off the car, took about 10 secs and jump back into the car and gone!!! He scream out the windows the guys saw him and didn't care. Thats pretty f*up. It was on a 3.2. Another victim. We all should start a club or something to beat the sh!tz outta this crooks!!!
Old 05-24-2002, 01:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I am enraged from reading all of this.

I'm in Bay Ridge as well, although I have an Altima 3.5SE without the Xenons, I was considering getting an aftermarket kit. No way in hell now...

If I had purchased a 2k2SE I would place a ****load of sharp razords in key locations. These *******s would probably do a lot worse to your car than just steal the lights if they loose a finger though.

Some people just need to be shot on sight.
Old 05-26-2002, 02:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sending check on Tuesday

I'm sending a check on Tuesday for the bult kit. It will be coming from Flushing, Queens NYC. I got hit already, only wish I would have known about this ahead of time. ****ers stole them right out of my driveway while I was sleeping.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:42 PM

Putting on the backing nuts

Put the bolts & nuts on last Tuesday and it worked great, Tim. In your notes you mention that it can be nearly impossible to get the nuts on the bolts nearest the fender wells because of clearance problems. What I did was to first take a piece of scotch tape and double it over so it was sticky on both sides. Then I put the tape on my index finger and stuck the bolt to the tape so it wouldn't fall off my finger while trying to mate it up with the bolt. Honestly, I didn't think of it until I had already lost two nuts thinking I could hold them between my index and middle finger. Damn the rattles - just kidding. Thanks again!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:56 PM

good idea...

yeah.. I dropped one of the bolts down there.. took 5x longer to find it than to install the rest of them.

anybody loses anything, just let me know.. I'll send it right out. one part will go in a regular envelope. no charge, no big deal.
Old 05-27-2002, 07:47 PM

Re: Putting on the backing nuts

Originally posted by Nick Exxon
Put the bolts & nuts on last Tuesday and it worked great, Tim. In your notes you mention that it can be nearly impossible to get the nuts on the bolts nearest the fender wells because of clearance problems. What I did was to first take a piece of scotch tape and double it over so it was sticky on both sides. Then I put the tape on my index finger and stuck the bolt to the tape so it wouldn't fall off my finger while trying to mate it up with the bolt. Honestly, I didn't think of it until I had already lost two nuts thinking I could hold them between my index and middle finger. Damn the rattles - just kidding. Thanks again!
I did a slight variation by applying some white glue to my finger. Tacky enough to hold the nut but not keep it attached. One problem I did have was with the passenger side light inner (towards the grill) as a hose is partially blocking access.

Plus I saw someone mention that the screw turns freely whereas mine did not. The backing bolts were almost unnecessary as they cannot be reached with a wrench (or at least I could not) but the screw is very difficult to remove (without the key).
Overall still a 5 minute job, thanks Tim.
Old 05-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

tim you still have more...if so I'm ready to buy
Old 05-28-2002, 11:14 PM

Got mine...

Thanks Timeeeh!

Your FREE efforts and leg work are VERY APPRECIATED!!!!

It's people like you that make this ORG great. Thanks again.
Old 05-28-2002, 11:22 PM

man..

I shoulda sent you and BDJ kits for free.. like I said, without the writeups, I probably wouldnt have hid's to protect..
Old 06-05-2002, 10:12 AM

Originally posted by mws2k2
I would like to get in on this. Need all the protection I can get. NYC is a mother.
Your telling me? I live in Astoria, Queens. There's a parking lot by me that holds rental cars that have been in accidents. Just yesterday i passed by and there were 7 2k2 maximas in the lot with their lights missing. Most had minimal damage around the hood area. People are probably renting the cars out and stealing it themselves. Either way, better get some protection!
Old 06-05-2002, 10:20 AM

I want some too

I live in the DC area and it is a very short time before they start raping this area too. My check will be in the mail tonight! Please have them ready to go. Thanks again for all your hard work on this. We all owe you big time.

R
Old 06-05-2002, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by SupaFly

Your telling me? I live in Astoria, Queens. There's a parking lot by me that holds rental cars that have been in accidents. Just yesterday i passed by and there were 7 2k2 maximas in the lot with their lights missing. Most had minimal damage around the hood area. People are probably renting the cars out and stealing it themselves. Either way, better get some protection!
And people wonder why all these 2K2 HIDs are showing up on Ebay.
Old 06-15-2002, 12:07 AM

btw...

I have about 15 sets left on this second big order.. I'm sending about 2 sets out a day now.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I sent you an email. I need help in NYC. Dammmmmmmm I jate bad people. Anyone ever think about going backwards. I mean putting in a set of lights from an 00 or 01 Max. I know they aren't HID but then they will stop ripping them off. What is the low down. Anyone ever try one. Let me know. Thanks Bear
Old 06-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tim, you the man... I live in NYC, where apparently we're all being targetted for our ****... I'm sending out the check today...I also replied to another thread about HID theft, and i'll repeat it here... we seriously need to get Nissan to fix this problem, either with a recall or something else...
Old 06-19-2002, 09:35 AM

Originally posted by BearsMaxima
I sent you an email. I need help in NYC. Dammmmmmmm I jate bad people. Anyone ever think about going backwards. I mean putting in a set of lights from an 00 or 01 Max. I know they aren't HID but then they will stop ripping them off. What is the low down. Anyone ever try one. Let me know. Thanks Bear
Yes. A guy in NY bought a pair from me to do a 2K2 to 2K-2K1 headlight conversion.
Old 06-23-2002, 08:48 PM

Has anyone whose lights were stolen had a high-end alarm put on their car or just what Nissam puts in stock?

I am having a high-end 2 way alarm installed and although it will let me know someone is tampering with the car, they will of course have some time to do damage or theft or both. Someone mentioned though that they are bypassing the alarm. I was just wondering what alarms are being bypassed; stock or added?

Also, what about etching like what is done on windows? would that not help by not giving them a chance to sell tracable parts?

Quick Reply: HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...