5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 12:10 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...

Here's the deal and some pics..

I got mine in and you can torque the crap out of these, no fear of stripping, in fact you could crack your housing before these will strip. Give that, I'll send out 4 bolts each (instead of the 5 I originally stated).. anyone loses one, I'll take care of you, no cost. The bit fits any standard nut driver.

You get 4 washers and 4 6mm backing nuts(you might only get 3 on, one bolt is obstructed from below). I cant find Loctite in small enough packets, but you might use it if you got it.

I think I30/5 would be same

pics. I have blurred the pattern for those that are actually getting the kit.. you get the idea.

http://www.adpub.com/tim/hidkit1.jpg

http://www.adpub.com/tim/hidkit2.jpg

Can they turn them with vise grips? No, if they figure out the backing bolts, then yes but it will be very hard and time consuming

Can they use a screw driver or a torx bit? No.

Can they get a driver anywhere? Yes, they will need some luck finding one that time of night. No place I found stocked this bit, special order in these sizes. I went to the manufacturer.

Can they drill it? Sure.. stainless steel.. will take awhile

Will we all have the same key? No, as I fill order groups I will try to vary keys.

Will this stop my HIDs from getting stolen? No. they can still be smashed and broken. You cant stop that. These bolts will only stop them from being able to take your lights in 30 secs. And will largely prevent them from getting a working set. In a perfect world they give up quickly and you keep your stuff.

Have they been tested or thrwarted theft yet? No.. god no.. I hope I dont have to test them...
*edit* Yes, someone has gotten their housing stolen with these now (Supafly). They took a long time with the car, I believe they even tried to move it (rolling it way from his house). Eventually they cut the tabs, which means they wont be selling them to a maxima owner but do have ballast and bulbs. Again, its meant to slow them down, in this case it seems to have done that, but they enough time with the car and didnt care if they got the housings. **edit**

BUT HEY! they are $15. $4 of that is shipping (USPS priority). Anyone who has seen the site and added things up knows I'm not really making anything on this.. just trying to get enough people together for us to meet a minimum order.

Send a check for $15 to Tim Ware

Address:

Tim Ware
Advantage Publishing
1000 Nix Rd
Little Rock, AR 72211

I *may* have a merchant account to take CC orders, but not yet.
Old 05-15-2002, 12:18 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...

Hehehehehe.....

*EDIT* so not funny Kev I changed it -tim
Old 05-15-2002, 12:19 PM

I'm in. I'll send you a check in the upcoming week. BTW, you mentioned aiming your HIDs higher. How did you do that and what did it help?
Old 05-15-2002, 12:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Please get the paypal thing going. Checks take too long to process. I need security asap. Either way, reserve a set for me.

Thanks,
Old 05-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How about us 4th gen guys? Do we have to fear our aftermarket HIDs getting stolen too? I want my HIDs to be safe, but I don't know if your stuff fit the application.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:22 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Tim....

Would these work for an amplifier as long as you can get nuts on the other side of the bolts?

I'm installing an Infinity BaseLink and I might want an extra set with the same pattern. I'll let you know if I need them on Monday.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:23 PM
OG and counting...

Count Me In!!!

Old 05-15-2002, 01:42 PM

Re: Tim....

Originally posted by IceY2K1
Would these work for an amplifier as long as you can get nuts on the other side of the bolts?

I'm installing an Infinity BaseLink and I might want an extra set with the same pattern. I'll let you know if I need them on Monday.
I asked the same thing and he shot me down .

Told me to go fly a kite... or call the dealer myself, same thing.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:46 PM

Re: Re: Tim....

Originally posted by Tanmann9

I asked the same thing and he shot me down .

Told me to go fly a kite... or call the dealer myself, same thing.
Why? Is it because of limited quantities?
Old 05-15-2002, 01:47 PM

Hey Tim,

Did you scrap the wire addition idea?

turbo dreams
woosh
Old 05-15-2002, 02:18 PM

Tanmann9?

oh the drama... I didnt say no.. I said tell me what kind of bolt/screw you need and that you'd need a min 100 qty. if you dont buy a TON of bits like I did, you can get whatever you want for less than $50 most likely. And it needs to ship to a company.

Get a few people and split them up like I'm doing. You can take your screw/bolt to a hardware shop, they will tell you the thread and pitch, then you can order from Tamperproof.

the ones I have are 6mm x 20mm, 1mm pitch

Yeah, its a pain in the a$$, thats why I'm trying to do this for everyone. Of course if it wasnt hard, they wouldnt be very secure would they?
Old 05-15-2002, 02:19 PM

woosh

not scrapped, cramped for space in there.. taking longer to figure out than I thought. Trying to get the bolts out to the people that need them like yesterday first. I think the wire idea will work tho....
Old 05-15-2002, 02:24 PM

ICE...

yeah, regular 6mm nuts will work, but unless they are obscured, they well negate the whole security thing.. however, they make these special bolts that break off and just leave a cone. Or you could take your hardware store variety 6mm nuts and round the edges with a dremel.. they would become pretty secure then...

check them out here
http://www.tamperproof.com/catdownload.html

Anybody that wants a direct line to my rep is welcome to it. I will be alittle protective about what I've ordered so far with new members I dont know. but I will get anyone the hook-up one way or another..
Old 05-15-2002, 02:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would like to get in on this. Need all the protection I can get. NYC is a mother.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:03 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Re: HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Hehehehehe..... :naughty

*EDIT* so not funny Kev I changed it -tim
*stalker looking over Tim's wall* ~~~>

Hehehehe

Good thing you didn't leave that up there too long.
Old 05-15-2002, 03:15 PM

Re: Tanmann9?

Originally posted by TimW
oh the drama... I didnt say no.. I said tell me what kind of bolt/screw you need and that you'd need a min 100 qty. if you dont buy a TON of bits like I did, you can get whatever you want for less than $50 most likely. And it needs to ship to a company.

Get a few people and split them up like I'm doing. You can take your screw/bolt to a hardware shop, they will tell you the thread and pitch, then you can order from Tamperproof.

the ones I have are 6mm x 20mm, 1mm pitch

Yeah, its a pain in the a$$, thats why I'm trying to do this for everyone. Of course if it wasnt hard, they wouldnt be very secure would they?
Haha, sorry Tim, I was goofing around. Didn't mean to bash you
But honestly, if you have any spare screws to sell, you know you've got buyers.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:07 PM

Tim, Im still not following yoiu here. Do I need a new nut? (what the bolt actually screws into) I mean are we just getting four screws with special patterns?

I am getting comfused since you are talking about the backing bolt and tight space and what not.

Dixit
Old 05-15-2002, 07:11 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
Tim, Im still not following yoiu here. Do I need a new nut? (what the bolt actually screws into) I mean are we just getting four screws with special patterns?

I am getting comfused since you are talking about the backing bolt and tight space and what not.

Dixit
Right now the bolt simply goes down to hold the housing in place. With the kit I think we get new bolts with special patterns plus nuts to bind them from the other side. For the tight space, I'm guessing one of the bolts goes in an area where there's no room underneath to put the nut on.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:22 PM

Right now the bolt simply goes down to hold the housing in place. With the kit I think we get new bolts with special patterns plus nuts to bind them from the other side. For the tight space, I'm guessing one of the bolts goes in an area where there's no room underneath to put the nut on.
But how in gods name am i gonna get the nut on the under side and also i gotta go through this crap everytime i gotta take my lights off?

What if we get bolts with the special heads that go straight into the current nut holes? Then no modification or worrying about dropping the nut everytime i take the lights off.

Dixit
Old 05-15-2002, 07:29 PM

Originally posted by BigDogJonx
But how in gods name am i gonna get the nut on the under side and also i gotta go through this crap everytime i gotta take my lights off?

What if we get bolts with the special heads that go straight into the current nut holes? Then no modification or worrying about dropping the nut everytime i take the lights off.

Dixit
I think the bolts do just go straight thru, but for added security you can use the nuts to tighten. I could be wrong and the bolts might be thinner than the stock bolts so you might need the nuts, but we won't know for sure until Tim logs on

How often do you take your HIDs off anyways?
Old 05-15-2002, 07:32 PM

I think the bolts do just go straight thru, but for added security you can use the nuts to tighten. I could be wrong and the bolts might be thinner than the stock bolts so you might need the nuts, but we won't know for sure until Tim logs on

How often do you take your HIDs off anyways?
yea but why cant we get the right size threads so we dont need the backing nut?

I take them off anytime i need to change that small 194 bulb since it is a bizattch to get it fit back into the socket when you take it off.

Dixit
Old 05-15-2002, 07:41 PM

they are exact fit...

6mm x 20mm

You dont need backing bolts.. but for another 15 cents you can be sure the bolt cant be turned with vice grips.

no need to remove the lights.. you can do the bolts one at time and no need to reaim. you can get the bolts on from underneath.. at least on 3 of them easily.. the 4th is more challenging.. wont be messing with that..
Old 05-15-2002, 07:47 PM

Re: they are exact fit...

6mm x 20mm

You dont need backing bolts.. but for another 15 cents you can be sure the bolt cant be turned with vice grips.

no need to remove the lights.. you can do the bolts one at time and no need to reaim. you can get the bolts on from underneath.. at least on 3 of them easily.. the 4th is more challenging.. wont be messing with that..
Timmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeh!!!!!

Awesome!!!!

Im in.

Dixit
Old 05-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Tim....

hehe me too in a couple days i just ordered it. how are you hooking it up to yoru bose, just using the speaker level inputs??
Old 05-15-2002, 08:44 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Please get the paypal thing going. Checks take too long to process. I need security asap. Either way, reserve a set for me.

Thanks,
Tim is there any way you can get the Pay Pal thing going?
Old 05-15-2002, 09:59 PM

thats really phat. My mechanic is putting a lock for the kits on the underbody so u have to raise the car to get the new lights(yeah someone stole them) out I think. but i still want to buy this kit. Im new but if you get the paypal up, I will definately get in on this.
you can trust credit cards can't you. please.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:12 PM

I dont have a merchant account.

I saw some bad stuff happen to someone who gave paypal their routing info to verify their account.

the bottom line right now is that I've been pretty busy getting this stuff together. I've even Airborned out a kit today. I'm going out of my way to get these bolts to everyone. Is it that much trouble to just drop me a check? I'm not going into the bolt business anytime soon, just trying to hook everyone up.

You NYC guys who are really in a pinch for them. Email me directly. I did something for GeneK so that he could have them tomorrow. I'll try to help anyway possible.

I've met and dealt with tons of you over the years.. if you have any questions or worries about your $15 check, ask around - you wont have to very long.

I may eventually go to my bank and set up another account, drop some cash in there and verify it with paypal.. it wont be this week tho.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:00 AM

Send a check for $15 to Tim Ware

It's in the mail as we speak. (Just had to say that)

Buzz
Old 05-16-2002, 11:22 AM

thanks..

I'll set yours aside right now..

give me a shout if you are passing thru LR anytime.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:53 AM

Re: Re: Tim....

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

hehe me too in a couple days i just ordered it. how are you hooking it up to yoru bose, just using the speaker level inputs??
Yeah, speaker level inputs, but NON-bose. If you have BOSE I believe your need the "PAC" or whatever convertor since BOSE has some weird resistance 1-ohm signal or something like that. Mine SHOULD be here tomorrow, but somehow I doubt it. Anyways, if it shows up, it'll be installed Saturday.

The speaker level inputs are just temporary till I get the Panasonic DVD deck for $1200.

Where did you get yours from? I got mine off ebay for $199.95+19.95shipping? Then I got the Infinity "LC" bass level remote controller, 8-guage wiring kit, and battery terminators for like $100 shipped through Crutchfield.

Can't believe I went this long with NO BASS!
Old 05-16-2002, 11:55 AM

Re: thanks..

Tim I'm writing the check right now.

It will go out in tomorrows mail.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:20 PM

be sure you give me the mailing address

if not the same as preprinted on the check.
Old 05-16-2002, 12:39 PM

Re: thanks..

Will do. Too bad I didn't know where you lived before, my band was down at Riverfront Amphitheatre playing the "Foamfest" benefit event for the Arthritis Society about 4 weeks ago!

Buzz
Old 05-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Tim....

Yeah, speaker level inputs, but NON-bose. If you have BOSE I believe your need the "PAC" or whatever convertor since BOSE has some weird resistance 1-ohm signal or something like that. Mine SHOULD be here tomorrow, but somehow I doubt it. Anyways, if it shows up, it'll be installed Saturday.

The speaker level inputs are just temporary till I get the Panasonic DVD deck for $1200.

Where did you get yours from? I got mine off ebay for $199.95+19.95shipping? Then I got the Infinity "LC" bass level remote controller, 8-guage wiring kit, and battery terminators for like $100 shipped through Crutchfield.

Can't believe I went this long with NO BASS!
i paid 218 plus 21 shipping and then got the remote for 25. i already have the connectors and 4 gauge wiring kit so i'm good to go.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:39 PM

how can i get your address Tim. I know you are not going to post it so should i just email you.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:00 PM

my work address is in the first message of this post...

n/m
Old 05-16-2002, 07:32 PM
Yankees pwn you !

Re: my work address is in the first message of this post...

n/m
money orders are ok. right? if so get me down for a set.
Old 05-16-2002, 07:44 PM

sure... MOs are fine...

just dont forget to give me a shipping address
Old 05-16-2002, 09:14 PM

Here's the deal and some pics..

The check is in the mail...literally. Thanks for doing this.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:25 PM

this is good...

The more I get, the more I can vary the keys.

Quick Reply: HID bolt 'kit'.. ready to go...