5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Must i take my car to the dealer to get its service done?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 07:32 PM

Must i take my car to the dealer to get its service done?

or can i take it to any other dealer that may be closer to my location?
Old 05-16-2002, 07:41 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

You can take it wherever you want to get it serviced, even independent shops.
Old 05-16-2002, 11:13 PM
It's chrome alright...

keep records and receipts

you can go anywhere, but keep records and receipts. If you can't 'prove' you did usual maintenance, they can deny warranty claims.

If you doubt me, I had prove to mitsubishi that I changed oil in the rear crankcase when it seized from lack of oil. If I didn't have receipts, they would have said I didn't do routine maintenance so they wouldn't cover the repair. Even with receipts I had to argue to get it done.

Originally posted by SteVTEC
You can take it wherever you want to get it serviced, even independent shops.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:34 AM

Be careful, dealers use any excuse to slap a void on your butt.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:19 AM

Re: Must i take my car to the dealer to get its service done?

Originally posted by lildanny61
Make sure you document everything in case you gonna resell the car,
I went to the my dealer service place to check out my tranny once, and he just started ****ting on me about how i am supposed to get the regular maintenance checks on the vehicle( you know the ones every X amount of miles), He wanted to know where i was getting my oil changed, why i wasnt coming in to do my service there, and that any problems on the vehicle were my fault if found.
I was like "dam, this **** want me to kick him in his ***** and then take a poop on him"
OH yeah that crap service place is called EAST COAST NISSAN in englewood cliffs NJ. YEAH ROGER DIAZ, OWNER OF THE 2000 BLACK MAXIMA KPB20X license plate
bye
Old 05-17-2002, 07:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: keep records and receipts

deny of warranty claims is only for wear and tear items....or parts under preventive maintanance. u might want to get it done at the dealer. I have seen them use non-authorized shops as excuse to get away. But pretty much first couple services are useless...The 30k service and auto tranny flush is worth doing.

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
you can go anywhere, but keep records and receipts. If you can't 'prove' you did usual maintenance, they can deny warranty claims.

If you doubt me, I had prove to mitsubishi that I changed oil in the rear crankcase when it seized from lack of oil. If I didn't have receipts, they would have said I didn't do routine maintenance so they wouldn't cover the repair. Even with receipts I had to argue to get it done.

In the manual, it states that the oil level should be checked frequently. nissan will not repair any damage under warranty caused from low level of oil and fluid.
Old 05-17-2002, 07:56 AM

Re: Must i take my car to the dealer to get its service done?

Originally posted by lildanny61
You can go to any dealer for warranty work. I wouldn't go there for scheduled maintenance though. Everything b/f 30,000 is just an oil change and inpect this/that. Save yourself some money at a local garage. Show them your scheduled maintenance checklist and I'll bet they'll do it for half the dealer cost.
Old 05-17-2002, 08:16 AM
It's chrome alright...

Re: Re: keep records and receipts

Huh?

If you don't change your oil and the engine seizes, they will not fix it under warranty. That's what I'm talking about. Keep receipts to prove you did "routine maintenance" or they can and will deny claims that result from your "negligence."

I had 59,600 miles on a 60k warranty and the rear end of an AWD mitsu eclipse seized. They wanted proof I had done maintenance (I had) before they replaced it. If I didn't have receipts, they would NOT have done it under warranty.

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]
deny of warranty claims is only for wear and tear items....or parts under preventive maintanance.
Old 05-17-2002, 09:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: keep records and receipts

right...I am supporting u on that....but what am I trying to say is that they wont do any warranty work if u failed to keep the car running at proper oil and fluid level.

Originally posted by 2k2wannabe
Huh?

If you don't change your oil and the engine seizes, they will not fix it under warranty. That's what I'm talking about. Keep receipts to prove you did "routine maintenance" or they can and will deny claims that result from your "negligence."

I had 59,600 miles on a 60k warranty and the rear end of an AWD mitsu eclipse seized. They wanted proof I had done maintenance (I had) before they replaced it. If I didn't have receipts, they would NOT have done it under warranty.