5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

New motor mounts from Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 01:04 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

New motor mounts from Nissan

I went in this morning for the mechanical buzzing TSB and they ordered new motor mounts. I know the ones that are in there now are electronic and I am wondering what the difference is between the ones I have and the ones they ordered. The current ones seem real spongy or weak and it seems like my front end raises up more than anything else FWD that I have driven. I put it in drive and put down the brake and put a little gas to it and a friend said the motor seemed to hop up more than he had ever seen. Anyways, I am wondering if the new mounts are the same and just won't make the buzzing noise or what? I was thinking about the place racing mounts but I am not up for the vibration that I have heard they cause. I've got a 2k1 anniv. by the way. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: New motor mounts from Nissan

how bad was the buzzing? loud enough to make u consider it is a problem?

I heard from someone saying that it sound like u turn the key again when ur engine is already running.

mine has some buzzing noice too....but very quite and very brief.

Originally posted by sloppymax
I went in this morning for the mechanical buzzing TSB and they ordered new motor mounts. I know the ones that are in there now are electronic and I am wondering what the difference is between the ones I have and the ones they ordered. The current ones seem real spongy or weak and it seems like my front end raises up more than anything else FWD that I have driven. I put it in drive and put down the brake and put a little gas to it and a friend said the motor seemed to hop up more than he had ever seen. Anyways, I am wondering if the new mounts are the same and just won't make the buzzing noise or what? I was thinking about the place racing mounts but I am not up for the vibration that I have heard they cause. I've got a 2k1 anniv. by the way. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:37 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

the only time i can hear it is when the radio is off and im in somewhat of a quiet area. if you open the hood, its more evident. it wasnt particuarily loud to cause any concern, i was just hoping by replacing them that i would maybe get a better quality mount that would help keep my power to the wheels instead of raising up like it is on hard launches. anybody have an idea of what they replace it with. [maxi-overdose]- i dont think the noise is indicative of any problems that im aware of, just wanted something better.
Old 05-22-2002, 02:46 PM

Hopefully there's a TSB out on this (soon).
Old 05-22-2002, 08:55 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

if youre talking about a tsb for the buzzing, its already out there. its been out for a while, i just have not taken the time to take it in. if you mean one for what seems to me to be weak motor mounts then i doubt if that will ever show up. does anyone know what kind of mounts they are replacing them with?
Old 05-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

hey thx....but I doubt it would affect performance, would it? when u mentioned about the front is raised up....does it mean when u step on gas, the front tends to move up a little bit?

thx again

Originally posted by sloppymax
the only time i can hear it is when the radio is off and im in somewhat of a quiet area. if you open the hood, its more evident. it wasnt particuarily loud to cause any concern, i was just hoping by replacing them that i would maybe get a better quality mount that would help keep my power to the wheels instead of raising up like it is on hard launches. anybody have an idea of what they replace it with. [maxi-overdose]- i dont think the noise is indicative of any problems that im aware of, just wanted something better.

I believe the TSB is in the TSB sticky.
Old 05-22-2002, 09:28 PM
IMBOUTTOBUSTSOMEGHOSTS

i know when regular motor mounts are shot, then it does hurt performance because all the power isnt reaching the ground because the car is physically raising up. i know with fwd, that there is torque steer and it should raise up some but i feel like mine is raising up more than it should. its like losing time at the track because of wheel hop, if the car isnt planted then all the power that should reach the ground; is not getting there. i know the ones ive got know arent shot because it would vibrate and make banging noises, i just feel like the level of raising up on the car is unacceptable.