5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima 3 Bank Account 0

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2002, 12:45 PM

Maxima 3 Bank Account 0

Well I went nuts over the last couple of days and purchased...JIC Coilovers, Stillen AP Brake Kit, FSTB & RSB, SS Brake Lines and Rear pads. Shannonville & Mosport watch out here I come!

I bought everything off of Paul @ Avalon, nice guy, answered all my questions and gave me a great price. He even returns calls and emails which is something I am not used to when buying through the Internet.

I'll be taking plenty of picture when the parts arrive and as I install them. I am hoping to have most of it late next week.

That's it for the year, I need to buy a house. Man I hope it's was worth the money. The only good thing is I got a little contract on the side in July that will cover the costs of all the crap.

Now the joys of waiting!
Old 05-30-2002, 01:54 PM

Re: Maxima 3 Bank Account 0

Originally posted by MaxRPM
Well I went nuts over the last couple of days and purchased...JIC Coilovers, Stillen AP Brake Kit, FSTB & RSB, SS Brake Lines and Rear pads. Shannonville & Mosport watch out here I come!

I bought everything off of Paul @ Avalon, nice guy, answered all my questions and gave me a great price. He even returns calls and emails which is something I am not used to when buying through the Internet.

I'll be taking plenty of picture when the parts arrive and as I install them. I am hoping to have most of it late next week.

That's it for the year, I need to buy a house. Man I hope it's was worth the money. The only good thing is I got a little contract on the side in July that will cover the costs of all the crap.

Now the joys of waiting!
woo hoo, thats a freakin big order. enjoy dood
Old 05-30-2002, 02:00 PM

Now the joys of waiting!

Hey MaxRPM how much did he give you the stuff for excluding FSTB & JIC. BTW, do you know if the SS lines and other brake related items will affect your anti-lock brakes?
Old 05-30-2002, 02:17 PM

Re: Re: Maxima 3 Bank Account 0

Originally posted by CIRCO

Hey MaxRPM how much did he give you the stuff for excluding FSTB & JIC. BTW, do you know if the SS lines and other brake related items will affect your anti-lock brakes?
He gave me a package price for all of it. Email him or give him a call, he'll give you a good price.

The braided lines won't do a thing, if anything it will be better. As for the big brake kit I don't see it as being a problem. I'll let you know next time it rains and I have them installed.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:03 PM

JIC's are already available!?!??
Old 05-30-2002, 05:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What was the total damage?
Old 05-30-2002, 05:13 PM
I miss the .org!

Originally posted by importspeed24v
What was the total damage?
Yeah, total dent in wallet is what I was wondering too...
Old 05-30-2002, 05:17 PM

Damn, that's a huge order. Should've thrown in an SC while you're at it!
Old 05-30-2002, 06:56 PM
lcf

not bad, not bad at all.
Old 05-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

Now the joys of waiting!
Make sure you do a BEFORE/AFTER comparison with those brakes to see if they actually IMPROVE your stopping distance.

Please give us feedback on those JIC's also.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:00 PM

JIC's for the 2k + are shipping in less than two weeks

We are working on advance orders now. Remember only authorized dealers can get these for you.

We have done three A32 and the A33 kits are ready to go.

Quantities are limited.

The last S/C 99 we did with JIC's was unbelievable. The absolute best handling we have seen on coil overs.

I just did a track only set of FTL-A2's on my car which is set up for road courses.

Zero nose dive - 99% 0 body roll.

Regards

Originally posted by IceY2K1

Make sure you do a BEFORE/AFTER comparison with those brakes to see if they actually IMPROVE your stopping distance.

Please give us feedback on those JIC's also.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:02 PM

IceY2K1:

I am pretty sure the braking performance will improve dramatically, but my main reason for buying these was to be able to complete more then one lap before the brakes faded, the stock brakes are useless.

I will definately give a review of the JICs, I am getting the FLT-A2s their best setup.

lcf:

Thanks, it hurts though, but the pain should subside when I get he parts.

HulaMAX

No SC available for an 02 yet, maybe next year.

Triple8Sol
importspeed24v

I got a good deal from Paul at Avalon.

Chinkzilla

They're out, but I have to wait about two weeks to get them shipped here.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:24 PM
Old Fuddy Duddy

IceY2K1:

I am pretty sure the braking performancr will improve dramatically, but I main reason for buying these was to be able to complete more then one lap before the brakes fade. The stock ones were horrible.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a couple of stock runs to get a good baseline and then install and do the SAME test with the new equipment. This will help a lot of us that are sitting on the fence.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:28 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

[B]IceY2K1:

I am pretty sure the braking performance will improve dramatically, but I main reason for buying these was to be able to complete more then one lap before the brakes fade. The stock ones were horrible.
I hope so, for that much $$$, but NOBODY had done a simple test of driving a constant 60mph then 90mph on a road and then slamming on the brakes at some road marker to roughly see if there is any benefit. I have no doubt they are worth it for the track, but my car only sees road time.

I will definately give a review of the JICs, I am getting the FLT-A2s their best setup.
Can't wait.
Old 05-31-2002, 01:59 PM
lcf

how low are you planning on dropping your car?

remember to take pics.

im planning on these coilovers for the future.

Old 06-01-2002, 02:37 AM

Question on dropping the car

The JIC coilovers are fully adjustable. Ride hieght can be altered to a 2" drop. Most people average 1" to 1.5". The coil overs we offer for the A33 also have full rebound and dampening adjustments. This allows for exact suspension tuning. One other adjantage with the system is we can chang ethe spring rates for the customer based on the type of driving he/she does as well as the type of motorsport events.

REgards

Originally posted by lcf
how low are you planning on dropping your car?

remember to take pics.

im planning on these coilovers for the future.

Old 06-01-2002, 08:41 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

That's how it always is.... but the money will come back (enventually) the max will be there daily