5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Maxima accidents total 4!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 08:34 PM

Maxima accidents total 4!!!

GRRRR. what is it about a 19 year old driving a maxima with a body kit that says, "hey, come hit me"?

rear ended :2
rear ended by a mack truck:1
hit by a drunk:1

oh man i'm on my second maxima, how many til' people stop hitting me lord? HOW MANY?!?!

Old 06-03-2002, 08:55 PM

Re: Maxima accidents total 4!!!

I had three non-fault accidents in less than a year's time, each with a different car, so I thought that was bad.

1) BMW 328CI - I was taking care of the car for a friend who went away for a month. Was driving it home when some girl in a Sunfire decides to launch at me when I was moving across the intersection.

2) Civic DX - Was driving my girlfriend's aunt home when, again, some girl in an MX-6 decides to come at me when I was moving across the intersection.

3) Maxima SE - SUV smashes into a truck who hits me and I hit a Mercedes. In stop and go traffic too! What an idiot driver in that SUV!

I was beginning to think that I was an accident magnet of some sort, but it seems your magnet is stronger than mine.

The thing that sucks is that your car is rarely ever the same after repairs. But if those repairs are good, you'll live through it all and, hopefully, be able to tell good stories about them in the future.
Old 06-03-2002, 09:04 PM

See my post above about my three hour old wreck in my 2002.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

me and my maxima been 3 little bang ups.

1) Rear ended by teenage girl (New bumper cover #1)

2) Hit 2 dogs (AT THE SAME TIME!!!!) dumb things ran directly in front of me while i was doing about 40 and had no time at all to stop, its a good story, kinda sad tho... ask me someday and ill tell u the whole thing haha (No major damage - slightly twisted front bumper, broken supports)

3) Rear ended again by 20 year old GIRL on her cell (New bumper cover #2)

What ive learned from my accidents:

1)girls cant drive (although i've seen some who can handle a car better than i can)

2)The maxima can hit a german shepard and a golden retriever at the same time and sustain very little damage.
Old 06-04-2002, 02:38 PM
jjs

I know the feeling guys...

center of rear bumper dented...

then, front bumper corner crushed in...

then, someone sideswipes the rear bumper and the little panel in front of the wheel...like they pulled into a parking spat and didn't make it...

I am going to wait a couple more months (even though I HATE driving her around like this) to see what else happens, then replace both ends....
Old 06-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

my story

2 accidents in a month...yup, in my maxima

accident 1.
got patched front left...no big deal, new fender, bumper repair....cost 2400

accident 2.
a monster truck **** change lane to mine and push me to do the shoulder. did a 180, front right hit the center divider.....cost of repair 17k. and of course....the truck ran away.
Old 06-04-2002, 04:49 PM

Way back when...

My first Maxima - a beautiful new 1990 Grey with 36 miles. I had it less than 3 months - right at 4800 miles when a drunk in a old caddy flew through a parking lot and across a 4 lane road and T-boned me. Took me 75 feet sideways. No injuries but boy was I pi$$ed! Insurance co. said 11,000 was "not quite totalled". Then the shop convienintly forgot about another $2500 in parts. Did I want this car now?
I't didn't feel at all right. I tried to sell it and be honest that it had been in a wreck - fuget about it. A dealership will never ask you if a car was wrecked. Then they would have to impart that knowledge.

My 96 had interesting bump one time as well, but another story.

Shaydz
Old 06-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mad_Fox
GRRRR. what is it about a 19 year old driving a maxima with a body kit that says, "hey, come hit me"?

oh man i'm on my second maxima, how many til' people stop hitting me lord? HOW MANY?!?!

Did you have to get new bodykits everytime? (Rear Bumpers)
Old 06-04-2002, 07:52 PM

wow it is good to know im not alone

ok so i ahve ahad 4 maxima accidents in 1.5 years and 9 total in 3 .5 years of driving. i had a mack truck total my first max(2000) when i was 18. crushed the back bumper into the cab, it hit me when i was stopped it was going about 75. the drunk guy that hit me after that was in my second maxima(2000) and i had to replace the front bumper(with a body kit of course!) then i got hit again yesterday and now i need another body kit. 1300 damages yesterday. after all this my insurnce is still the same per month because NOT ONE OF THE NINE accidents has been my fault.
Old 06-04-2002, 09:22 PM

Wow... I've only had 3 accidents in my maxes so far (cross my fingers).

1) 1993 GXE hydroplaned on a 90° left turn and popped up a curb to knock over a street sign. Took out the passenger's fender panel. No frame damage at all. Replaced the passenger's fender and corner light, plus paint. Total Damage = $450

2) Shipped my 1998 GLE in a moving truck from Washington D.C. to Florida. One of the tie-down straps broke on the way down, and the car bounced inside the truck, hitting the steel beems above the hood. Hood and hood mounts had to be replaced and painted, and the Nissan nose mask was torn (got new one for free). Total Damage = $785

3) 1998 GLE fully loaded was hit by a raised Ford F350 (the old ones with the gray metal bumper) while at a dead stop just across an intersection. The truck cleared the back bumper completely (it was detacted from the car, but didn't have a scratch on it). The trunk was caved into the crumple zone. The side panels pushed forward and wedged the back doors shut. Then the truck pushed my entire car into the rear end of the lady in front of me. This of course tore up the front end of the car, shoving the radiator directly into the engine block (that was fun). The radiator shot up and hit the roof of the hood, causing a nice upside-down V in the hood. The front bumper was shoved up next to the front tires. The car that I hit was totalled, my max was not "totalled" at first, but was totalled after the repair shop said "no" to fixing it. The F350 had 2 dents (from the upper trunk frame supports) in his bumper.

Then I got a Cadillac Catera. It sucked going from a $30k car with power to a $38k car with no power. The Cadillac was in the service shop more than it was in my driveway. I had GM take the car back after having a new gas tank, battery, alternator, A/C compressor, and transmission (it was an auto too)... only after having it NOT EVEN 2 YEARS!!!!

And that leads me to today... which now I have a 2002 SE 6 Speed. I've been lucky so far (knock on wood).
Old 06-05-2002, 05:56 AM

At least you don't have stupid kids on your street throwing rocks at your Max. I have stupid kids on my street.
Old 06-05-2002, 05:59 AM

stupid kids deserve stupid punches to the face
Old 06-05-2002, 06:01 AM

stupid kids deserve stupid punches to the face
Nah, they need to become my hood ornament. That just ****ed me off.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:40 AM

Re: Re: Maxima accidents total 4!!!

Originally posted by RACEFACE

At least you don't have stupid kids on your street throwing rocks at your Max. I have stupid kids on my street.
I wish i could punch the stupid kid that threw rocks at my Max, RIGHT after my new paint job. But that stupid kid was my 5 year old brother. Damn was I ****ed at him
Old 06-05-2002, 04:50 PM
Banned

I guess i don't have it as bad as i thought.I got stupid kids kicking footballs and soccer ***** in the air and landing on my ride.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:10 PM

I wish i could blame someone else for my fender bender like all you expert drivers.. but my dent was all my own fault.

I tried to whip a quick U-turn on a street made for a K-turn..and just barely hit the corner of a 1985 POS with a steel bumper.i said to my friend whw as in the passenger seat- "Am i gonna clear it" "Nope"... but since i think im always right i didn't listen and smacked it. I really didnt think there was any damage. I didn't even get out to look.I left... got to my destination, Got out to see my scuff and to my suprise the whole right corner of my bumper was smashed in. I almost cried. Damn parked cars.
Old 06-05-2002, 08:37 PM

I can't really complain about an accident now. I had a Nissan Altima that was totalled.

That's why I now have my Max!

Guess I came out ok!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:35 PM

speaking of little kids kicking ***** and stuff... the dumb kid that used to live across from me put a nice little dent in my roof from a soccer ball. its not that noticeable but its the only dent on the whole car...him and his brother also loved to throw rocks at our cars too. they dinged up our caddy pretty good with their damn white rocks that were around their bushes. they made a nice little ding in on of the doors of the caddy one day with the rock sitting right next to the car. i went to the house with a bucket of white rocks i had collected over a week or so in our yard and spoke to their father who told me that he worked all day and wasnt responsible for what his kids did when he wasnt home, what a bunch of bull$hit. well anyways i dumped their rocks back in their front lawn and he all the sudden had a broken lawnmower???wonder why hehe. good thing they moved now hehe.