5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

greddy cat backs!...u gotta see this!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 10:26 PM

greddy cat backs!...u gotta see this!!!

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?...haust%20System

go to that link....whats the difference between a evolution and a sport cat back.....??????
albert
Old 06-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

$14.68
Old 06-06-2002, 12:51 AM
I miss the .org!

The Evo has a round shape, it looks just like the Greddy PE, but with an offset tip for more ground clearance. The Greddy SP isn't really worth it, IMO.
Old 06-06-2002, 12:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
The Evo has a round shape, it looks just like the Greddy PE, but with an offset tip for more ground clearance. The Greddy SP isn't really worth it, IMO.
i've always wanted to get the SP instead of the Evo...IMO, the SP looks much better because unlike the Evo, u can still see much of the exhaust canisters from the back. but then again, i still scrape my Evo alot so if i had the SP, i probably would have damaged badly..
Old 06-06-2002, 12:56 PM

Another huge difference is that they dont make the SP for the 5th gens even though they say 99-up. The Evo is the only one that is made for the Max. Unfourtunatly, I too like the SP...
Old 06-06-2002, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by jhans114
Another huge difference is that they dont make the SP for the 5th gens even though they say 99-up. The Evo is the only one that is made for the Max. Unfourtunatly, I too like the SP...
well, u can always get a SP canister, custom pipe it and then bolt it on ur car..
Old 06-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

What is it that we "must see"????? The fact that Greddy wants $550 for a catback with muffler? yeah, that is pretty amazing...
Old 06-06-2002, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by irvine78

well, u can always get a SP canister, custom pipe it and then bolt it on ur car..
Well if you're going to start chopping up a Greddy exhaust, why not just get a custom catback to begin with and knock 50% off the cost of the Greddy?

Old 06-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by y2kse

Well if you're going to start chopping up a Greddy exhaust, why not just get a custom catback to begin with and knock 50% off the cost of the Greddy?

I like this one, the braised tip rocks

Old 06-06-2002, 02:15 PM
I miss the .org!

Yeah seriously...I keep hearing good things about those magnaflows...
Old 06-06-2002, 02:18 PM

Originally posted by Maxima06071
I like this one, the braised tip rocks
TITANIUM MUFFLER
Old 06-06-2002, 05:38 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

That muffler is Obscenely AWESOME ! Those Blazed tips are ... They go for about $400 !
Old 06-06-2002, 05:44 PM

Originally posted by kloogy
That muffler is Obscenely AWESOME ! Those Blazed tips are ... They go for about $400 !
Cool. Roughly the same cost as 4 SS Magnaflows.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:21 PM

Cool. Roughly the same cost as 4 SS Magnaflows.
cool it...
Old 06-06-2002, 07:29 PM

cool it...
Just stating the facts! I'm getting to be pretty good at that.
Old 06-07-2002, 11:05 AM

Just stating the facts! I'm getting to be pretty good at that.
i think we all know this by now...
Old 06-07-2002, 01:59 PM

i think we all know this by now...
Then I suppose you don't have a problem if I continue to re-state them. After all, facts are neither good nor bad. They're just facts. Problem is, people tend to overlook them. I, on the other hand, do not.
Old 06-08-2002, 01:16 PM
Maxima06071

Originally posted by kloogy
This ones only like $180.00. Nice ey?

Old 06-09-2002, 12:38 AM
L33t BMW Drivah

I am willing to spend the extra $$$ just for looks if I have to, on something I like ! Thats just how I see it. Y2KSE, I might be irritating your pet peeve sometime soon, for a worthy cause !
Old 06-09-2002, 03:27 AM

Then I suppose you don't have a problem if I continue to re-state them. After all, facts are neither good nor bad. They're just facts. Problem is, people tend to overlook them. I, on the other hand, do not.
i don't think it's a matter of overlooking the facts.
i think people(including myself) are well aware of the fact(thanks to you ) that both name brand exhaust and custom exhaust systems 'can' produce similar results. but there are other things to consider when purchasing exhaust and other things like fitment issues(not only the final fit, but i'm also talking about ease of installation as well. i didn't want to cut and weld pipes for my exhaust...yes, i'm picky when it comes to my car..hehe..)

and yes. u are absolutely correct when u said these brand name exhausts are over priced. i couldn't agree with you more. but then again, there are ways you can purchase these exhaust systems for far less price than what the manufactures are actually retailing them for.

so it's also a matter of taste and preference. i purchased GReddy catback because i liked the brand image of the company and the design of the system. i did not negate the fact that there are other, more economical substitute for GReddy(i too, considered getting a custom exhaust setup for low price). fortunately for me, i was able to find a very good price and i took the opportunity.

u too also have purchased brand name perfomance mods..like the Stillen STS and RSB..one could easily raise a question on why u did not save alot of money by purchasing a pacesetter STS or an ADDCO RSB(they still do the same thing but for far less money). i'm guessing you made ur purchased based on what you thought was the best value at the time for your needs.

it's all the same thing with the exhaust systems and whatever you have on ur car. preference! just my 2cents.
Old 06-09-2002, 06:59 AM

i don't think it's a matter of overlooking the facts.
i think people(including myself) are well aware of the fact(thanks to you ) that both name brand exhaust and custom exhaust systems 'can' produce similar results. but there are other things to consider when purchasing exhaust and other things like fitment issues(not only the final fit, but i'm also talking about ease of installation as well. i didn't want to cut and weld pipes for my exhaust...yes, i'm picky when it comes to my car..hehe..)

and yes. u are absolutely correct when u said these brand name exhausts are over priced. i couldn't agree with you more. but then again, there are ways you can purchase these exhaust systems for far less price than what the manufactures are actually retailing them for.

so it's also a matter of taste and preference. i purchased GReddy catback because i liked the brand image of the company and the design of the system. i did not negate the fact that there are other, more economical substitute for GReddy(i too, considered getting a custom exhaust setup for low price). fortunately for me, i was able to find a very good price and i took the opportunity.

u too also have purchased brand name perfomance mods..like the Stillen STS and RSB..one could easily raise a question on why u did not save alot of money by purchasing a pacesetter STS or an ADDCO RSB(they still do the same thing but for far less money). i'm guessing you made ur purchased based on what you thought was the best value at the time for your needs.

it's all the same thing with the exhaust systems and whatever you have on ur car. preference! just my 2cents.
You're right, Hoon.

I keep bringing up the issue of cost when exhaust systems are discussed primarily for the benefit of Lurkers and Newbies. They're often not aware that high-quality, low-cost alternatives exist for name-brand exhaust systems, alternatives that can save them big bucks. One of the great advantages of forums like ours is that we can signal newcomers to that reality.

It's for a similar reason that I weigh in on practically every tire and rim conversation. I hardly need to point out that Lurkers and Newbies have a nasty tendency not to use the search function or read the FAQs. They come in here prepared to make tire and rim choices that range from the slightly out-of-spec to the downright dangerous, choices encouraged by some forum members who are more interested in promoting performance than safety. Call me silly, but I feel responsible to raise a red flag when that happens. And while I catch my share of flak for doing that, I've learned better than to take anything anyone says to me on this forum personally.

You are correct in pointing out that lower cost alternatives existed for certain products I selected, products like my RSB and my STS. I bought my RSB from Stillen at a time when there were no available alternatives. And I purchased a Stillen STS because I had a sizeable credit from a product I had returned to a Stillen reseller. The STS was the only logical item I could apply the credit to at the time.

Price notwithstanding, the Greddy EVO catback is a superb piece of equipment. And you are indeed fortunate to have purchased it at a SUBSTANTIAL discount. Had I not already installed my catback system and had I been able to purchase a Greddy catback for the price you paid for yours, I would have gotten one too!