5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 08:53 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

Which A-pillar gauge pod fits better on the 5th gen, the gauge works pod for the pre-94 Eclipse or the gauge pod for the 4th gen Maxima?
Old 06-12-2002, 09:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

Originally posted by Tanmann9
Which A-pillar gauge pod fits better on the 5th gen, the gauge works pod for the pre-94 Eclipse or the gauge pod for the 4th gen Maxima?
I believe there are threads already devoted to this topic, Tanmann9. Did you try doing a search under "gauge pod"?
Old 06-12-2002, 10:18 AM

Re: Re: Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

Originally posted by y2kse

I believe there are threads already devoted to this topic, Tanmann9. Did you try doing a search under "gauge pod"?
Of course I did a search. Half the threads are from 4th gen owners using 4th gen pods, some are from 5th gen using 4th gen pods, and some are from 5th gen using Eclipse pods. The 5th gen folks using the 4th gen pod say they have to use a heat gun or molding clay to make it fit right. The 5th gen folks using Eclipse pods say it doesn't fit exactly right. So I'd like to know who thinks what among the 5th gen users. I'm hoping someone who has checked both pod types will respond.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:26 PM

See, this is the kind of information I'm looking for:

Originally posted by 20thdriven
all 3 are Autometer Phantoms

I'm using a 1 single and 1 double 4 gen pod on my 5th gen. the fit is horrible so i have to resort to some fiber glass or bondo. i'll post pics.
Old 06-12-2002, 05:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

See, this is the kind of information I'm looking for:

Where did you find that info, Tanmann9?
Old 06-12-2002, 06:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

Where did you find that info, Tanmann9?
Current thread in the general discussion forum about gauges
Old 06-12-2002, 06:27 PM
Jer

Re: Gauge pods, Eclipse or 4th gen?

See this really ticks me off... how many of us have bought gauge pods and had to f'in melt/mold crap because nobody makes 'em for our car yet... have you emailed any pod manufacturer's and asked them to make some for our cars yet? Or just as an inquiry? I think we should direct them to this site and let them see for themselves that there is a market. What else does it take.. I mean geez, they make 'em for stinky 1980 ford pickups and who the hell drives those anymore...

There was someone here working on a pod/pillar but he vanished while halfway through the process of making one.

Old 06-12-2002, 06:51 PM

Originally posted by Jer
See this really ticks me off... how many of us have bought gauge pods and had to f'in melt/mold crap because nobody makes 'em for our car yet... have you emailed any pod manufacturer's and asked them to make some for our cars yet? Or just as an inquiry? I think we should direct them to this site and let them see for themselves that there is a market. What else does it take.. I mean geez, they make 'em for stinky 1980 ford pickups and who the hell drives those anymore...

There was someone here working on a pod/pillar but he vanished while halfway through the process of making one.
I agree, it sucks, but we can make do if we find something that will fit or could be made to fit. Part of the fun of modding a car like the Maxima is the testing and finding a way to make it work. Anyone can buy a Honda Civic and buy parts to mod it. We can buy some mods for our cars, but a lot of mods people come up with themselves (KYB AGX, Frankencar, Walbro fuel pump, 2K2 HIDs, etc...)

I don't plan on asking any manufacturers to make them for the Maxima, I think it'd be a waste of time because they wouldn't care. If I can get something that fits ok, I'll be happy