5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Fuel cut TSB denied

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Pointy Elbows

Fuel cut TSB denied

Well,
I went to the dealer to drop off my car. Later on in the day the guy called me and said "That thing you got off the internet doesn't apply to your car." We've never had to do this before..." blah blah...
I'm going to go pick up my car tonight after work. The Service Department of Nissan of North Olmsted (ohio) sucks! They didn't help me out much with my Bumper TSB either.

What should I do? Go get it done at another dealer? Is it even worth getting done? Does it improve the car at all?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 06-12-2002, 09:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Fuel cut TSB denied

Originally posted by 00MaxSE
Well,
I went to the dealer to drop off my car. Later on in the day the guy called me and said "That thing you got off the internet doesn't apply to your car." We've never had to do this before..." blah blah...
I'm going to go pick up my car tonight after work. The Service Department of Nissan of North Olmsted (ohio) sucks! They didn't help me out much with my Bumper TSB either.

What should I do? Go get it done at another dealer? Is it even worth getting done? Does it improve the car at all?

Thanks,
Jason
OK. First off, I assume you have a M/T. If that's the case, take your car to another dealer and take a copy of the TSB with you. And yes, it's definitely worth getting done.

If neither dealer will honor the TSB, contact 1-800-NISSAN-1 and have them create an incident. Tell them that two dealers refused to honor repairs covered under a Technical Service Bulletin. That should get things rolling . . .
Old 06-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Pointy Elbows

Re: Re: Fuel cut TSB denied

Originally posted by y2kse

OK. First off, I assume you have a M/T. If that's the case, take your car to another dealer and take a copy of the TSB with you. And yes, it's definitely worth getting done.

If neither dealer will honor the TSB, contact 1-800-NISSAN-1 and have them create an incident. Tell them that two dealers refused to honor repairs covered under a Technical Service Bulletin. That should get things rolling . . .
Yup I have a M/T and I did take the TSB with me. I'll try North Coast Nissan on Saturday. I was actually going to call that 1800 number later.

Thanks man
Old 06-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Pointy Elbows

Re: Re: Re: Fuel cut TSB denied

Yup I have a M/T and I did take the TSB with me. I'll try North Coast Nissan on Saturday. I was actually going to call that 1800 number later.

Thanks man
Well, I went to pick up the car a few minutes ago and the service guy said that he had his tech run a test on the computer and they said everything is where its supposed to be. He said if they made and changes it would really mess things up, especially the O2 sensors with the Maxima.
What do you think? Should I get another opinion?
Old 06-12-2002, 04:14 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Fuel cut TSB denied

Well, I went to pick up the car a few minutes ago and the service guy said that he had his tech run a test on the computer and they said everything is where its supposed to be. He said if they made and changes it would really mess things up, especially the O2 sensors with the Maxima.
What do you think? Should I get another opinion?
He is full of ****.

Stop talking to the service writer - get the service manager out there, tell him you've been having the fuel cut problem, tell him that there is a TSB and you want it fixed.

The only thing he can then do is claim you don't have the problem . . . now that's another story for another time.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:15 PM

Re: Re: Fuel cut TSB denied

contact 1-800-NISSAN-1

Might as well do a rain dance in your living room.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:22 PM
CO2kmax

Get the service manager rate away when u go in with TSB in hand, and if he doesn't do anything tell him u are going to call Nissan. I would amagine he doesn't whan't Nissan on his back. Also if he doesn't do anything go to the general manager of the dealer, and don't pu$$y foot when u talk to them be demanding and talk with confidence and know your facts. It will work. Be persistant.

Good luck

Old 06-12-2002, 06:52 PM
Pointy Elbows

Originally posted by CO2kmax
Get the service manager rate away when u go in with TSB in hand, and if he doesn't do anything tell him u are going to call Nissan. I would amagine he doesn't whan't Nissan on his back. Also if he doesn't do anything go to the general manager of the dealer, and don't pu$$y foot when u talk to them be demanding and talk with confidence and know your facts. It will work. Be persistant.

Good luck
I'm tired of dealing with these a$$holes. I'm going to try another dealer and also call 1-800-nissan-1
Hey is this how I test my car?
"let the car warm up and try to drive a consistent 20mph in 1st or 2nd gear. when you try and feather the gas, the engine is starved of fuel and the car"lurches" forward. if you can't tell by doing this,
park the car and put in in nuetral. now try to feather the rpm's from 2800 down to 1200. if you can do it with ease and no problems, your car is fine. my guess is that you can't."

he's right, I can't.

Thanks you guys.