5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Got hit by a girl, and she ran.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2002, 09:31 PM

Got hit by a girl, and she ran.....

So I was goin down a street at about 45 mph and I see a girl coming out of a street that is perpindicular to me. I see that she isn't looking my way before pulling out, so I start honking before she even starts pulling out. That did no good, she still pulled out, I swirved, and she clipped out my back fender behind the back wheel. So I stop on the side of the road and got out to see the damage, looked over to see if she was getting out of her car, she looked back at me, and jetted out of there. I was like "awwww, hell naw!!" So I got back in my car, and chased her down(my six speed caught up to her little integra pretty f%$@in fast), blocked that b**ch in and asked her, WTF!!!!

So, in the end she is paying for a back bumper, and my question is, how much is that? The back bumper, and then labor...? Thanks guys. Thought I would tell you the story while I was at it.
Old 06-16-2002, 09:40 PM

haha, nice job catching her down....sounds like a teen to me, but i wouldnt know...and i am unsure about the price of the bumper...possibly $800 with labor, but thats a guess....
Old 06-16-2002, 09:44 PM

good job. that's money. the bumper job is at least $1250.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:00 PM
lcf

if it's just the bumper cover, it's about a 300-400 dollar job.

this includes a NEW bumper cover, paint, clear coat, and labor.

Old 06-16-2002, 10:10 PM

Thanks.

Yep, it was a teen, but no talking crap about teens here, I am one. But yeah, thanks for the estimates guys, bumper cover? What do you mean by that? It is just the thing that goes around the back of the car, hahaha.
Old 06-16-2002, 10:17 PM
lcf

walk out to your car and grab the bottom edge of what you are calling your "bumper." its plastic. its the bumper cover. its a plastic cover that wraps around your bumper. hahahaha... im confusing you arent i?

anyway, ywah, i believe you're talking about the bumper cover.

300-400 bucks, dood.

Old 06-16-2002, 11:51 PM
I miss the .org!

Sounds like this happened on a small street right? Did you call the cops about it? If you didn't I would suggest you do that, and let them know about the girl's attempted hit&run. I'm never the type to call the cops, but sh*t like that has got to stop. What if your car had gotten f*cked up and you couldn't chase her down? Then you'd be in some sh*t. I would have been ****ED at that little b*tch.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:20 AM

Why not get an estimate from a body shop and instead of replacing the bumper, have them manipulate the price so you can buy yourself a full body kit. If the girl isn't willing to pay this silently, then you can always tell her that she attempted a hit and run and that is a crime you can report to the police.
Old 06-17-2002, 02:18 AM
2K1HoMax

go to a dealer and get an estimate (dealers usually give high estimates) then go somewere else and get it fixed fot cheaper. more money in ur pocket.

Old 06-17-2002, 05:41 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Police report. ASAP. She could end up trying to lie about it, etc.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:17 AM

Nice thinking guys, but...

That is a great idea, but I am a nice guy and I don't think I could do that to a kid, or her father. I mean, yeah, that would be awesome to do, but I can't see myself going into a place with $1200 and only spending $400 of it because I ripped this girl off. And calling the po-po, no way, I don't want them looking at my car for any reason, and again, I am a nice kid people. But thanks for all of your replies. I learned a lot from you guys.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by asu174
Exactly right!

Also you could be charged with failure to report a Hit & Run.
And if you have to go through insurance cuz she says "screw you - too much" (She doesn't have ins. or something), They won't touch it without a Police Report. Police says "That was a week ago - why didn't you report it then - she says she's never seen you - say, don't I see you racing around on 9th - sure you didn't clip a parked car or something?"

Just not a good scenario.

Point is, you take a chance not filing a report even if you are trying to keep her out of trouble. Noble but how we she learn to be more observant.

my 2/100th
Shaydz
Old 06-17-2002, 07:18 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Re: Nice thinking guys, but...

Originally posted by SportyMax2002
That is a great idea, but I am a nice guy and I don't think I could do that to a kid, or her father. I mean, yeah, that would be awesome to do, but I can't see myself going into a place with $1200 and only spending $400 of it because I ripped this girl off. And calling the po-po, no way, I don't want them looking at my car for any reason, and again, I am a nice kid people. But thanks for all of your replies. I learned a lot from you guys.
Good luck, but just make sure you don't get screwed.
Old 06-17-2002, 07:25 AM

Contact her insurance company and make a police report. You have nothing to lose!
Old 06-17-2002, 08:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

its good that you are a nice guy
but what if she decide to not pay for it and lie about it? and by then its too late to report it to police?
anyways, good luck bro
Old 06-17-2002, 09:04 AM
jjs

Uh dude, are you with us in 2001? Yeah I consider myself a generally fair and giving person, but DAMN! the ***** was going to take off and leave you with the bill. Screw that! Take the little tramp for all you can.

Remember, half of the problems these days are lax authorities (parents, etc.) on kids and what happens if you feed into that, oh, guess what, they just keep doing whatever they can get away with, and then guess what...when it comes time for them to breed, a whole new generation comes along with the same values.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:41 AM

bumper itself is 300 dollars and plus labor/paint/waste disposal....500 approx.

just ask ur bodyshop how they prep the bumper before paint. make sure the heat it up and sweat out the chemical inside the bumper before they paint. otherwise, it might peel later on.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:03 AM

Ha ha.

2001? Ha, bro it is 2002, but yeah I went to get an estimate, $573.63, and went to another place (maybe to make some money), but it was a difference of like 35 bucks or something. So yeah, I contacted this girls dad and he is goin to pay for it out of his pocket, so sucks for him. Thanks for all of the replies guys. It's all good!!
Old 06-17-2002, 10:06 AM
jjs

Re: Ha ha.

2001? Ha, bro it is 2002, but yeah I went to get an estimate, $573.63, and went to another place (maybe to make some money), but it was a difference of like 35 bucks or something. So yeah, I contacted this girls dad and he is goin to pay for it out of his pocket, so sucks for him. Thanks for all of the replies guys. It's all good!!
LOL, sorry had my 2001 on my mind!!

Old 06-17-2002, 10:13 AM

Re: Ha ha.

Glad it's going to work out for everyone (except the Dad).
Hope she got some sense scared into her though.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:52 AM

That was a great story. To be honest, I dream about someone hitting my car and running only for me to catch them in my Max and then beat the hell out of them. Ok Ok, I'm getting carried away. But I have thought about it. I've seen at least two hit and runs in my life and both parties just stood there looking stupid. I be damned if I do that.(unless they're shootin' )
Old 06-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Its nice to see some integrity amongst the "younger" crowd. I am proud to see that you are NOT trying to squeeze the death outta someone (not like you really care.. ). People make mistakes and panic, which seems what she did. They may not be inherently bad...just scared, and that can make you do strange things.

Granted she did run, and ya might have wanted to get the Po-Po report for your own protection. But since it seems to be all working out, life will continue and I bet the dad had some words for his daughter, which is probably worse for her... he he he.

Just some words of advice...make sure the paint on the rear bumper matches PERFECTLY. I was bumped from behind and it took the dealer 3 tries to make the paint match like I wanted and I just have Sterling Mist!
Old 06-17-2002, 11:00 AM
pjalst

Originally posted by asu174
I agree, she might try the okie doke and come up with some lying @ss story. Then you will have to sue her to get the money for your repair and that might take a long time. Insurance companies don't want to talk to you unless you have a report.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:08 AM

$$

Some guy clipped my bumper when my car was parked. I got estimates from 900$-1150$. It's not cheap. Make sure where you get it done they use the right clips to put the bumper on. The meat heads at the place where I took my max to must have used clips from pre-bumper TSB. As a result I had to take it back and they had to redo the bumper because they used the wrong clips. Read the TSB if you want further deals.. I hope this helps...
Old 06-17-2002, 11:16 AM
Jedi Knight

You sound like a nice guy, but let me tell you something...my father was involved in an accident about 3 weeks ago in which a 19 yr old kid..passed traffic on shoulder (illegal) on a one lane road and sideswiped my pops...goin thru the intersection. He gave the proper story at the time, but now wants to change it up. My pop is about to be 60 and lucky for him he had an off duty police officer as a witness, but insurance is still haggling....I suggest you get the police report today and state exactly what happened, so you don't get screwed!...please do so...'cause I would hate to read a post of how her and her father screwed ya
Old 06-17-2002, 11:28 AM
2K1HoMax

dude u need to understand this, i would never do that either, but the thing is she asked for it. if she stopped in the first place id never do anything like that. but she tried to run and that way ur the one who would have gotten screwed. but its up to u, i personally think she deserves it.

Old 06-17-2002, 11:49 AM

You know what they say don't you? "Nice Guys Finish Last!"
Old 06-17-2002, 12:12 PM

This past March 2 kids whose house I was at for the night got drunk while I was asleep. They then stole my keys and crashed my 2 month old 98 accord coupe v6 into the lake in front of his house. My car was totalled. I asked my parents not to press charges b/c these kids were once my friends. Well anyway we contacted one of my cousins who was a lawyer that is also like a friend, and he got the exact money we paid for my last car. So the kid who physically drove it into the lake ended up paying my family over 16,000 dollars out of the pocket, but we gave them the totalled car to sell for salvage. This is on a navy salary, so its sad how some kids can ruin other peoples lives, I am sure his parents could have used that money for something more important. My parents are friends with a family whose only son got drunk one night and crashed into a car carrying a retired naval officer and father of five children. The son went to jail, the parents got divorced, went bankrupt, father became an alcoholic and tried to commit suicide, and all of this b/c the kid was 20 years old at the time and wanted to get drunk.
Old 06-17-2002, 12:47 PM

Got "Road Raged" a week ago...

I got "Road Raged" upon a week ago in a grocery store parking lot. While driving through the lot, I had to beep the horn at a guy who was about to back into me while coming out of his space. No harm, no foul. He apparently didn't like the beep though. He floored it out of the space, roared around the lot (old ladies with grocery carts scattering like marbles) to catch up to me, tried to pass by on the left (oncoming traffic) and ended up side-swiping me and blowing out his front right tire. It gets better. I come to a dead stop (in disbelief) as he drives off and makes a u-turn at a distance of maybe 30 yards away. Does he pull over to exchange insurance info? NO!! He floors it (on his blown out rim) and drives HEAD-ON into the front of my Max. He wasn't able to get above 35mph though because the airbags didn't blow. Then he laughs at me and backs away before driving 3-4 miles to his apartment complex where he parks the car and casually walks inside as if nothing happened. I had followed him from a safe distance while talking on the phone to 911. What makes this worse is that my wife and 6-year old daughter were in the car the whole time!! Needless to say, he was charged with hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon and went to jail. Does he have a history of this? Three prior assault convictions in the last 6 years. The only positive so far is that he actually had insurance coverage. Offending vehicle - '99 Chevy Malibu. Rule of thumb: Leave the scene and you get your a$$ nailed.

Scott Buchanan
2K SE
Old 06-17-2002, 12:58 PM

Re: Got "Road Raged" a week ago...

Originally posted by e28fixer
I got "Road Raged" upon a week ago in a grocery store parking lot. While driving through the lot, I had to beep the horn at a guy who was about to back into me while coming out of his space. No harm, no foul. He apparently didn't like the beep though. He floored it out of the space, roared around the lot (old ladies with grocery carts scattering like marbles) to catch up to me, tried to pass by on the left (oncoming traffic) and ended up side-swiping me and blowing out his front right tire. It gets better. I come to a dead stop (in disbelief) as he drives off and makes a u-turn at a distance of maybe 30 yards away. Does he pull over to exchange insurance info? NO!! He floors it (on his blown out rim) and drives HEAD-ON into the front of my Max. He wasn't able to get above 35mph though because the airbags didn't blow. Then he laughs at me and backs away before driving 3-4 miles to his apartment complex where he parks the car and casually walks inside as if nothing happened. I had followed him from a safe distance while talking on the phone to 911. What makes this worse is that my wife and 6-year old daughter were in the car the whole time!! Needless to say, he was charged with hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon and went to jail. Does he have a history of this? Three prior assault convictions in the last 6 years. The only positive so far is that he actually had insurance coverage. Offending vehicle - '99 Chevy Malibu. Rule of thumb: Leave the scene and you get your a$$ nailed.

Scott Buchanan
2K SE

Leave the scene? That wasn't the jist of it... it was the fact that he came around and tried to attack you with his vehicle... which is more like assault and battery with a deadly weapon and then leaving the scene of the crime... sounds more like attempted murder...he should have been fried...

well, glad you and your family are okay...
Old 06-17-2002, 01:00 PM

...What makes this worse is that my wife and 6-year old daughter were in the car the whole time!! Needless to say, he was charged with hit-and-run and assault with a deadly weapon and went to jail. Does he have a history of this? Three prior assault convictions in the last 6 years. The only positive so far is that he actually had insurance coverage. Offending vehicle - '99 Chevy Malibu. Rule of thumb: Leave the scene and you get your a$$ nailed.

Scott Buchanan
2K SE
Glad that you and your family was OK.
Tough on the Max. I guess he has some anger issues that progably will get resolved one way or another in prison if he goes there. Dude needs some head shrinkage though.

Shaydz
Old 06-17-2002, 01:13 PM
pjalst

Originally posted by GXEme
You know what they say don't you? "Nice Guys Finish Last!"
A couple of years ago I was driving on slick road and lost control and slid into a lady. It was totaly my fault. This lady trusted me to do the right thing and I totally boned her. Just kidding, I fixed her car and she told me that she was happy to know that there are honest and trustworthy people in the world.

Old 06-17-2002, 01:42 PM

Obviously if someone did this to me I'd report them to the police right away, it the smart and reasonable thing to do. But hey if this guy wants to be 'nice' then he shouldn't be supprised if he gets screwed in the end somehow.
Old 06-17-2002, 03:10 PM
2K1HoMax

u see, after all these comments made from every1 all that im tryin to do is make u understand yeah it a good thing to be nice, but the thing is she ran dude. thats just not right she really tried hard to screw u. thats why you should get her back its like a punishment for her let her live and learn so she does not do this again, because if she did it to you it will happen with some1 else. think of it as being nice towards others so she doesnt do this to any1 else. think what would have happened if it was worst and you coulndt catch her (not sayin ur max isnt capable, just worst sh*t can happen) dude u really should get her on this one but like i said the decision is entirley on u. peace

Old 06-17-2002, 04:03 PM

She already tried to screw you once....

And calling the po-po, no way, I don't want them looking at my car for any reason, and again, I am a nice kid people. But thanks for all of your replies. I learned a lot from you guys.
So,lemme get this straight: the bit..(ah).. chick clips you and runs (hit and run), and you are going to *trust* her when it comes to fixing your car?
Old 06-18-2002, 07:37 AM

Everything's all good!!!

Alright, it's all good now, I talked to the father of the girl that hit me and he just needs to see which will be better to pay me with, insurance, or out of his pocket. So...everything is good now and I just need to make an appointment for my new bumper cover. You can acutally trust some people in this world, it's great. But thanks for all of your help, it's nice that all of us max owners can stick together like this. Thanks again guys.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:56 AM
Clay Aiken has fancy genitals

Re: Everything's all good!!!

Alright, it's all good now, I talked to the father of the girl that hit me and he just needs to see which will be better to pay me with, insurance, or out of his pocket. So...everything is good now and I just need to make an appointment for my new bumper cover. You can acutally trust some people in this world, it's great. But thanks for all of your help, it's nice that all of us max owners can stick together like this. Thanks again guys.
I hope you informed him that she tried to run from the scene of an accident....
Old 06-18-2002, 08:58 AM

Nah, it's alright.

She was scared and in a state of panic, no harm done, and guys, are you forgetting that I chased down someone in my six speed Maxima. That is some fun sh*t. Thanks again though. Peace.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:33 PM
2K1HoMax

Re: Nah, it's alright.

She was scared and in a state of panic, no harm done, and guys, are you forgetting that I chased down someone in my six speed Maxima. That is some fun sh*t. Thanks again though. Peace.
whatever works out best for u man, good luck.

Old 06-18-2002, 03:49 PM
I miss the .org!

I got "Road Raged" upon a week ago
That's just taking it too far. What a SOB.

Quick Reply: Got hit by a girl, and she ran.....