5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

19x9.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2002, 06:03 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by Pervis Anathema

My car isn't worth $6600
LOL, hey i know what u mean. i used to have the same ride less then a yr ago. but i got lucky and a semi backed into me, did $3500 in damage, then i sold the car back to the guy i bought it off of for $1500. so theres my $5k plus i threw down a few and gota phat down payment. and dude u aint jokin about the slower than a kid on a tricycle part, lol the day i lost to a stock pontiac sunfire i never raced that thing again

Old 06-19-2002, 08:57 PM

i want to get 17" barlettas chrome, bring it out on my 2k2 majestic blue. or marqi's the lowenhardts r tight, but $$$
Old 06-21-2002, 10:23 AM

your not going to be able to race ur car the way u did b4
Old 07-22-2002, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

actually a friend of mine just got a set a zenetti mystiks from there, they have good prices, and are very current. the thing is the price they give can range from a $100 to a few above cost. the price is still better then most but unlike most of us, like kloogy who has access to a wholesalers license (atleast i think u do if u run ur own business) just go directly to the maker of the wheels for the best price if u can get cost that is. but otherwise superbuy is the best ive seen as of yet.
the mystics are the wheels i am interested in.. what size did your friend get? do they appear smaller than there actual size because of the lip? any pics?
Old 07-23-2002, 12:01 AM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by Gunner

the mystics are the wheels i am interested in.. what size did your friend get? do they appear smaller than there actual size because of the lip? any pics?
actually ya they do, thats the weird thing about them, he got the 19" by 8.5" they look nice, but they looks small 4 some reason, more like 17's or 18's topps. nah no pics

Old 07-23-2002, 12:54 AM

actually ya they do, thats the weird thing about them, he got the 19" by 8.5" they look nice, but they looks small 4 some reason, more like 17's or 18's topps. nah no pics
thats exactly what i want to avoid... i mean if i pay for 19's i want them to look like 19s. thanks for the quick reply... cause i was ready to order them tomorrow
Old 07-23-2002, 06:08 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: 19x9.5

Originally posted by cwally
Does this wheel fit on the rear of a Maxima?

Here is the combo. I searched and found some that said yes, and some that said no.

19x8.5 with 245/35 front and 19x9.5 with 275/30 in the rear

any help regarding fitment issues would help greatly. Thanks
the front's ok...the rear will rub for sure...go with 265/30s in the rear...that might help more.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:05 PM

I got that set up. no problems
Old 07-23-2002, 07:18 PM
2K1HoMax

thats exactly what i want to avoid... i mean if i pay for 19's i want them to look like 19s. thanks for the quick reply... cause i was ready to order them tomorrow
ya they seriously look smaller the 19's. he was hoping people would mistake them for 20's but they are mistaking them for 18's its kinda funny. he went out and got the 19's on his own form superbuy (which is a good price) but i am still able to get he 20's for less the 2K. but i dont want those rims... these are the ones i want to get.
http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/i...MVC-001F_6.JPG

Old 07-23-2002, 07:21 PM
2K1HoMax

only problem is that the cost a SH!TLOAD. even 4 me! lets just say my price on those is about the same as a Supercharger. so they will probably go on last (thats if they go on, too much $$$$)

Old 07-23-2002, 09:10 PM

ya they seriously look smaller the 19's. he was hoping people would mistake them for 20's but they are mistaking them for 18's its kinda funny. he went out and got the 19's on his own form superbuy (which is a good price) but i am still able to get he 20's for less the 2K. but i dont want those rims... these are the ones i want to get.
http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/i...MVC-001F_6.JPG
A common problem with 2 piece or three piece wheels or even the few one piece with lips is they tend to look small even 20"s, dont forget the drop plays into it to...If you pushing a trunk like wheel gap it will look small too.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:32 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by max'n out

A common problem with 2 piece or three piece wheels or even the few one piece with lips is they tend to look small even 20"s, dont forget the drop plays into it to...If you pushing a trunk like wheel gap it will look small too.
yeah but problems do come up when u drop it too low as well, like having to roll the fender, ext... but still the one main problem is see is what evey1 with any type of rims hates. curbcheck.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:20 AM

2k1homax

do they still look big?
does he regret getting them?
man get him to take a few pics and email them to me or something plz
in one of your posts did you say you could get 20s for less than 2 grand?
Old 07-24-2002, 12:39 AM
2K1HoMax

Re: 2k1homax

do they still look big?
does he regret getting them?
man get him to take a few pics and email them to me or something plz
in one of your posts did you say you could get 20s for less than 2 grand?
nah he loves em (little too much if u ask me) they look really nice though, only thing is that he already curb checked (thats what happens when u go through a drive through like a moron) and what am i thinkin yah actually i do have a pic on my comp somewere, i just remembered he sent me the pic not too long ago. and ya i can get it for less then 2grand but thats local only, and i dont provide no warranty or jack to any1 who wants em but thats just my cut on em, so i dont want to lose no cash on any deals i make. im one of the certain few who is their own hookup ill email u the pic and hope it goes through, i cant copy and paste pics on the post, it never goes through.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:50 AM
2K1HoMax

damn i got the pic, but dont know how to get the damn thing on here. what a pain in the a$$, what ever happend to good old copy and paste, now all this bs. if u know how i can get it on here, the tell me cuz i sure dont.

Old 07-24-2002, 01:18 AM

damn i got the pic, but dont know how to get the damn thing on here. what a pain in the a$$, what ever happend to good old copy and paste, now all this bs. if u know how i can get it on here, the tell me cuz i sure dont.
you can email it to me...

lgballer@hotmail.com

thanks
Old 07-24-2002, 11:28 AM

yeah but problems do come up when u drop it too low as well, like having to roll the fender, ext... but still the one main problem is see is what evey1 with any type of rims hates. curbcheck.
Yes true, but mine is droped about 2.5 inches on 19"s and I havn't had really any trouble...but yeah your right **** can happen.
Old 07-24-2002, 07:49 PM
2K1HoMax

you can email it to me...

lgballer@hotmail.com

thanks
i sent 2pics, both the same (thats all i had) one is normal size and the other 1 is rediculously huge, dont think ur gonna like that 1.

Old 07-24-2002, 07:53 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by max'n out

Yes true, but mine is droped about 2.5 inches on 19"s and I havn't had really any trouble...but yeah your right **** can happen.
just curious i know uve posted it be4, but what suspension setup do u have anyway, GC's?? im mainly interested at how low i can make the ride and not get whiplash just crusin around. i wanted to get GC's and AGX struts but damn thats gonna be rough. i want something more relaxed eibachs are too stiff from what i hear. maybe HR and agx or even toks? as u can tell im lost here.

Old 07-24-2002, 08:03 PM

just curious i know uve posted it be4, but what suspension setup do u have anyway, GC's?? im mainly interested at how low i can make the ride and not get whiplash just crusin around. i wanted to get GC's and AGX struts but damn thats gonna be rough. i want something more relaxed eibachs are too stiff from what i hear. maybe HR and agx or even toks? as u can tell im lost here.
Cattman coilovers gen 2...Very smooth on normal roads solid on bad roads and handles great.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:42 PM

i sent 2pics, both the same (thats all i had) one is normal size and the other 1 is rediculously huge, dont think ur gonna like that 1.
thanks for sending me the pics... damn those rims look hot. im still interested in getting them.
is your friends car dropped? what width of tire did he get?
Old 07-27-2002, 04:04 PM
2K1HoMax

thanks for sending me the pics... damn those rims look hot. im still interested in getting them.
is your friends car dropped? what width of tire did he get?
yeah they do look pretty damn nice, they look so nice when ur just cruizin, they dont "bling" as much as ud think compared to some other wheels due to the large lip. they do however have that nice classy look and they are a very nice set of rims. the suspension is completely stock, thats the only thing he has on the car just rims and thats it. the width of the tire is too small, i think he got like 235/30/19 the tires are too thin and not think enough for the car. he should have gotted 245/40/19 that would have been a better combo, or even 245/35, but the side walls are way to thin for my liking leaves the lip too vunerable to curbs, a 245 should atleast provide more protection against this, but the 235 leaves a little lip stickin out futher then the tire itself. about 1/4" more approx. as u can tell im very picky about stuff like this. but just tellin u what i know from others mistakes, a drop would also make the rims look bigger since that thing has like a 4" wheel gap. let me know if u need to know anything else about them.

Old 07-27-2002, 07:19 PM

hey man thanks for all the info. its still pretty much in the air if im gonna get it. if i do get it though i was planning on gettin 245/35 tires, just cause another member recommended it.
"they dont bling".... meaning they dont reflect the sun as much when your rollin on them? i think i get what you mean. im sure they still bling though besides i think im starting to like the lip even more.
anyways i think they come in a 19x8.5. do you know what kinda offset i would need?
i was kinda thinkin about gettin airbags in the future and i was wondering if this type of rim would prevent me from "slamming" my car to the ground.
thanks again for all your help...
Old 07-28-2002, 04:39 AM
2K1HoMax

hey man thanks for all the info. its still pretty much in the air if im gonna get it. if i do get it though i was planning on gettin 245/35 tires, just cause another member recommended it.
"they dont bling".... meaning they dont reflect the sun as much when your rollin on them? i think i get what you mean. im sure they still bling though besides i think im starting to like the lip even more.
anyways i think they come in a 19x8.5. do you know what kinda offset i would need?
i was kinda thinkin about gettin airbags in the future and i was wondering if this type of rim would prevent me from "slamming" my car to the ground.
thanks again for all your help...
about that bling issue u got it right. thats only cuz the rim itself is deep. i would also recommend 245/35 fot 19x8.5 but they are a nice set of wheels 4 a good price. and for the offest im thinkin it would have to be in the area of 28-32 mm to be in flush with your fenders. but if you go that offset u cant slam it too much since is will be flush so ur gonna rub, bad! but if u less of an offset u should be able to slam it to the floor. talk to Alex about airbags his .org sn is max8mycash if u dont know it. he sells bags and has alot of info on them. but 28-32 should be in flush with your fenders is u just get drop springs.

Old 07-31-2002, 05:40 PM

about that bling issue u got it right. thats only cuz the rim itself is deep. i would also recommend 245/35 fot 19x8.5 but they are a nice set of wheels 4 a good price. and for the offest im thinkin it would have to be in the area of 28-32 mm to be in flush with your fenders. but if you go that offset u cant slam it too much since is will be flush so ur gonna rub, bad! but if u less of an offset u should be able to slam it to the floor. talk to Alex about airbags his .org sn is max8mycash if u dont know it. he sells bags and has alot of info on them. but 28-32 should be in flush with your fenders is u just get drop springs.
ok .. i called the sales guy again and he said the offset for my car would be 40 mm, which he said would keep it flush with the side of the car. he couldn't tell me the exact weight but said it would be in the neighborhood of 25-30 lbs.
so right now i have a quote for a set of 19x8.5 zenetti mystics with some hankook ventus 245/35r19 (these tires alright?).
i have a friend who has some rims with a lip and his tire is too skinny for them and his lip sticks out farther than the tire. i guess what i want is the tire sidewall to be pretty inline with the rim. will 245's take care of this for me? others said to go 245/35's on 19's but i dont know if their widths were 8 or 8.5
.....man this rim purchasing crap is hard... especially when bein shipped across oceans.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:15 PM
2K1HoMax

ok .. i called the sales guy again and he said the offset for my car would be 40 mm, which he said would keep it flush with the side of the car. he couldn't tell me the exact weight but said it would be in the neighborhood of 25-30 lbs.
so right now i have a quote for a set of 19x8.5 zenetti mystics with some hankook ventus 245/35r19 (these tires alright?).
i have a friend who has some rims with a lip and his tire is too skinny for them and his lip sticks out farther than the tire. i guess what i want is the tire sidewall to be pretty inline with the rim. will 245's take care of this for me? others said to go 245/35's on 19's but i dont know if their widths were 8 or 8.5
.....man this rim purchasing crap is hard... especially when bein shipped across oceans.
First of all i have personally never heard of those brand tires. now with all the rim weight that sees about right per rim w/o tires. and btw for any technical info on tires try to PM y2kse he might be able to provide u with more accurate info after all he is the master of all things rubber . as for my side here try this to match things up.
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html hope that helps somewhat. let me know what u decide to do. but i say 245/35/19 should be just perfect.

Old 07-31-2002, 09:20 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I have heard and breifly used Ventus tires. They are identical copies of BF goodrich Comp T/A's... They were very good !
Old 07-31-2002, 09:31 PM
2K1HoMax

btw-245/35/19 is as close a match i could come up with to stock. its only 0.4% off. if ur goin 60mph ur actually goin 59.8. close enough. the stock tire is 225/50/17 im sure u already knew that though.