5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

19x9.5

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2002, 10:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

19x9.5

Does this wheel fit on the rear of a Maxima?

Here is the combo. I searched and found some that said yes, and some that said no.

19x8.5 with 245/35 front and 19x9.5 with 275/30 in the rear

any help regarding fitment issues would help greatly. Thanks
Old 06-17-2002, 10:32 PM

bump
Old 06-17-2002, 10:40 PM

i'm not to sure about the 9.5's but i know the 8.5 will fit.. it all depends on wut rim your going for.. if its dished it won't fit, unless u get your fender rolled.. but i'm not to sure..
Old 06-17-2002, 11:27 PM

i call dibs on the milles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
Old 06-18-2002, 12:13 AM
CO2kmax

Offset will also play a role on if the rims will fit or not. Why do you want 9.5 in the back is your max a RWD? Didn't know they offered that option.

Old 06-18-2002, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by CO2kmax
Offset will also play a role on if the rims will fit or not. Why do you want 9.5 in the back <b>is your max a RWD</b>? Didn't know they offered that option.
I wish!!
Old 06-18-2002, 12:39 AM

Offset will also play a role on if the rims will fit or not. Why do you want 9.5 in the back is your max a RWD? Didn't know they offered that option.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:22 AM

Re: 19x9.5

Originally posted by cwally
Does this wheel fit on the rear of a Maxima?

Here is the combo. I searched and found some that said yes, and some that said no.

19x8.5 with 245/35 front and 19x9.5 with 275/30 in the rear

any help regarding fitment issues would help greatly. Thanks
IMO it is going to be a pure rice mod putting wider tires in the back of the FWD car.
Old 06-18-2002, 07:51 AM

Keep in mind

with that big of a tire your max will be sloooooooooooooooow. I'm mean 275's are really wide. Do a search in the general forum under 265's, a guy did it about 2 months ago and there was a lot of good info listed.
Old 06-18-2002, 08:37 AM

Why do you want 9.5 in the back is your max a RWD? Didn't know they offered that option.
It's not for my car. It was a general question of wheels on a max.

But in my opinion it will look rice. I had a friend with these wheels staggered on a '98 with these wheels http://www.cecwheels.com/tuners/images/15.jpg ,Stillen Kit, with mirror black paint. I think it was one of the tightest Maxes I have seen. Too bad it was totaled. Cuz I probably would have bought it over my max.

But I am not putting them on. I have some chrome Lowenhart BR5's that I got for a really good price, and wanted to see if they fit on the Maxima.
Old 06-18-2002, 04:22 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

It's not for my car. It was a general question of wheels on a max.

But in my opinion it will look rice. I had a friend with these wheels staggered on a '98 with these wheels http://www.cecwheels.com/tuners/images/15.jpg ,Stillen Kit, with mirror black paint. I think it was one of the tightest Maxes I have seen. Too bad it was totaled. Cuz I probably would have bought it over my max.

But I am not putting them on. I have some chrome Lowenhart BR5's that I got for a really good price, and wanted to see if they fit on the Maxima.
<===== Loves Lowenharts !

There is a CL600 in my neighborhood with those wheels in 22" ! .... I asked the guy how he got them to fit, he said he had to have his wheel wells modified..
Old 06-18-2002, 04:45 PM
I miss the .org!

Kloogy we seem to share tastes in wheels. I like chrome, and Lowenharts are sick. Giovanna makes some tight rims too. The Attack and Anzio rims are my favorites, but I doubt many people on here can afford them. For the Giovanna Attack, you're looking at about $10,000.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Triple8Sol
For the Giovanna Attack, you're looking at about $10,000.
You should be able to get them much cheaper now... Even more so with a good hook up.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:02 PM
I miss the .org!

With tires? 20" or 23" tires are not cheap my friend.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:09 PM

With tires? 20" or 22" tires are not cheap my friend.
With tires... I know cuz I went a few ago to check on those exact wheels in 23"s. I didn't mean it like OH! You should be able to get them for hella cheap but you should be able to get them for about $8,000 if I rememeber correctly. I mean yeah, its still up there, don't get me wrong.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:10 PM
2K1HoMax

Originally posted by JKiMaxAC
i'm not to sure about the 9.5's but i know the 8.5 will fit.. it all depends on wut rim your going for.. if its dished it won't fit, unless u get your fender rolled.. but i'm not to sure..
mybad to sound dumb, but i dont really know too much about things like gettin ur fender rolled, could u please explain what exactly that means? im thinkin it gettin a little bit sanded of the fender in order to get a larger rim to fit but im not 100% sure. thanx

Old 06-18-2002, 05:14 PM

Originally posted by 2K1HoMax

mybad to sound dumb, but i dont really know too much about things like gettin ur fender rolled, could u please explain what exactly that means? im thinkin it gettin a little bit sanded of the fender in order to get a larger rim to fit but im not 100% sure. thanx
Basically what I have heard, they heat up the inside of the fender and they roll the lip toward the inner part of the fender, freeing up some more space.
Old 06-18-2002, 05:22 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

With tires... I know cuz I went a few ago to check on those exact wheels in 23"s. I didn't mean it like OH! You should be able to get them for hella cheap but you should be able to get them for about $8,000 if I rememeber correctly. I mean yeah, its still up there, don't get me wrong.
I saw them for $8500 on a wheel website ... the are very SIK , but those wheels are for S600's and 740's !
Old 06-18-2002, 05:23 PM
2K1HoMax

Basically what I have heard, they heat up the inside of the fender and they roll the lip toward the inner part of the fender, freeing up some more space.
ok that clears up a bit, now the reason i ask that is because in a back issue of a turbo mag, the hooked up a 2k max with 19X8.5 the car was quipped with the stillen aero kit (same as urs) and had the eibach sportline springs which dropped the ride about 1.5" the car had no gap at all between the tires and fender. not in the front or back looked sweet. but u see the thing is the stated that rear tires rubbed a little bit when hittin dips hard (or when the suspension in the rear was fully compressed) it stated that it was more of a noise nucsane then a real problem, and the cars rear fenders were rolled before the 19x8.5 were installed. so taken from what i read in that i think its gonna rub. i dont know what offset they were using but the rims looked to almost be inline with the fender on all sides so they might have gone overboard. peace

Old 06-18-2002, 05:30 PM
2K1HoMax

BTW at http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_...a&model=Attack they are listed for $6600 with tires

Old 06-18-2002, 05:32 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

BTW at http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels_...a&model=Attack they are listed for $6600 with tires
Ive seen those on a Pearl 2K2 Escalade, and they looked obscene !

Imagine a Glacier White Max with Lowenhart BR5's.....
Old 06-18-2002, 05:34 PM
2K1HoMax

oh and one question, honestly what do u guys think of these wheels....
http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/i...MVC-001F_6.JPG
any comments?

Old 06-18-2002, 05:34 PM

but u see the thing is the stated that rear tires rubbed a little bit when hittin dips hard (or when the suspension in the rear was fully compressed) it stated that it was more of a noise nucsane then a real problem, and the cars rear fenders were rolled before the 19x8.5 were installed. so taken from what i read in that i think its gonna rub.
You know if you look at the rear right fender, there is a piece that goes along side where the bumper and fender meet. That is where my tire rubs once in a whilewith a full load of people and going over a nasty dip. Cuz my tire has never been scratched on the face or on the tread. But who knows...

As for superbuytires... Has anyone evr purchased from the,m? Are there prices current? Cuz my friend at the tire shop called the distributor for a tire, and basically superbuytire had it like $10 above cost. How would they make money? Anyone ever done business with them?
Old 06-18-2002, 05:35 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

Ive been called a Ghetto Wheel lover, but I like them. Too hard to clean though.....
Old 06-18-2002, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by kloogy

I'm tellin ya... Lets mod your car so that they can fit... hahaha I have Lowenharts for saaaaaaaale!
Old 06-18-2002, 05:36 PM
2K1HoMax

yeah i know, they are bigger then i thought as well, not exactly those but some guy i know has the 23" OZ cromes on his supercharged escalade, they look huge.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:39 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

I'm tellin ya... Lets mod your car so that they can fit... hahaha I have Lowenharts for saaaaaaaale!
One problem CWal.... Price ====

We can always mount them. Let me drive it for a day, and I'll let you know if they rub !
Old 06-18-2002, 05:41 PM
2K1HoMax

You know if you look at the rear right fender, there is a piece that goes along side where the bumper and fender meet. That is where my tire rubs once in a whilewith a full load of people and going over a nasty dip. Cuz my tire has never been scratched on the face or on the tread. But who knows...

As for superbuytires... Has anyone evr purchased from the,m? Are there prices current? Cuz my friend at the tire shop called the distributor for a tire, and basically superbuytire had it like $10 above cost. How would they make money? Anyone ever done business with them?
actually a friend of mine just got a set a zenetti mystiks from there, they have good prices, and are very current. the thing is the price they give can range from a $100 to a few above cost. the price is still better then most but unlike most of us, like kloogy who has access to a wholesalers license (atleast i think u do if u run ur own business) just go directly to the maker of the wheels for the best price if u can get cost that is. but otherwise superbuy is the best ive seen as of yet.

Old 06-18-2002, 05:41 PM

Ive been called a Ghetto Wheel lover, but I like them. Too hard to clean though.....
You appreciate the finer things in life You here people say that soo much... "Oh those chrome Lowenharts... They are so ghetto", OR "Oh HRE's? chrome? GHETTO!" OR "That rolex got soooo many diamonds, its ghetto!!"

To put a funny spin on it... How many people in the ghetto ridin on HRE's, lowenharts, etc or got diamonds Diamond platinum Rolexes? It should be like... "Oh that is sooo Hamptons! Or sooooo Beverly Hills" hahaha
Old 06-18-2002, 05:45 PM

oh and one question, honestly what do u guys think of these wheels....
http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/i...MVC-001F_6.JPG
any comments?
What kind of wheels are those?

I'll tell you the truth and it might be bad, but I am into name as well as looks...Its gotta be a brand I have heard of if I'm gonna pay some cash for it...
Old 06-18-2002, 05:52 PM
I miss the .org!

That is a great f*ckin deal! But can you imagine 20 x 9.5 on a Maxima?
Old 06-18-2002, 05:53 PM
2K1HoMax

What kind of wheels are those?

I'll tell you the truth and it might be bad, but I am into name as well as looks...Its gotta be a brand I have heard of if I'm gonna pay some cash for it...
ahhh yes one of those with the ego thing goin huh, im like that 2 so in a way i understand. ok then, those are actually name brand and have been around for some time, ur gonna have one hard time finding them though because i havent seen any distributors here. the company that makes those wheels is called ALSTADT and the wheels name is Legart, or as they might call it type 4 or something of that sort. that pic the rims are 18X10s and sit on a skyline. they cost about 6grand so its not a cheap brand. they are made in germany last i heard im tryin to get my hands on the 19X8.5 with tires. but for now im rollin stock, they cost too much.

Old 06-18-2002, 08:33 PM

I don't suggest getting a different size width for the rear one a fwd car. Plus what do you need a 275 for? But the short answer is yes once the fender is clipped you can run a 265 without rubadub, and 275 with slight rubadub depending how low you go,and offset. I'd like to see a nice 20x 9 with 265-35 all around.
Old 06-18-2002, 09:16 PM
I miss the .org!

How about these?

What do you guys think of these Axis Se7en 3 PIECE. I've never seen these on the road or in magazines yet.

$355 ea. It comes in 19 x 8, but can the 2K2 fit 19 x 8.5 w/o rubbing or modification? I've read that they're only for Ferrari and Porsche applications. I wonder what spacing that is?
Old 06-18-2002, 09:58 PM
L33t BMW Drivah

When it comes to 3 piece, I think HRE is king. They make some bad a$$ wheels...
Old 06-19-2002, 10:48 AM

Re: How about these?

What do you guys think of these Axis Se7en 3 PIECE. I've never seen these on the road or in magazines yet.

$355 ea. It comes in 19 x 8, but can the 2K2 fit 19 x 8.5 w/o rubbing or modification? I've read that they're only for Ferrari and Porsche applications. I wonder what spacing that is?
It's a good wheel, but I think it's a deep dish wheel. 19x8.5 will fit with a 245-35 rubber, thats what I run, acually I'd go with a 255 if you want thats what I'd like to upgrade to when my tires die. It's a nice for a great price.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

When it comes to 3 piece, I think HRE is king. They make some bad a$$ wheels...
WRD!!! And they don't look ghetto!!
Old 06-19-2002, 12:26 PM

You appreciate the finer things in life You here people say that soo much... "Oh those chrome Lowenharts... They are so ghetto", OR "Oh HRE's? chrome? GHETTO!" OR "That rolex got soooo many diamonds, its ghetto!!"

To put a funny spin on it... How many people in the ghetto ridin on HRE's, lowenharts, etc or got diamonds Diamond platinum Rolexes? It should be like... "Oh that is sooo Hamptons! Or sooooo Beverly Hills" hahaha
That is kinda' funny, but I think it is in reference to the fact that high-rollers in the ghetto go to great lengths to look like pimps, for example they may only make $20,000 a year, but they spend $8,000 of it on chrome 22" wheels for their rides... Same thing with 'bling bling' watches etc. That is why they are called 'ghetto'...

...Anyways! Off Topic! Cwally, you selling your Evo's when you get your 'harts???
Old 06-19-2002, 01:04 PM

My car isn't worth $6600
Old 06-19-2002, 05:46 PM

Originally posted by Matthew

...Anyways! Off Topic! Cwally, you selling your Evo's when you get your 'harts???
Actually... No. I am keeping the Evos... I just have the Lowenharts sitting in my garage. Waiting to be sold.

Quick Reply: 19x9.5