5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

!!!ATTENTION All 2K2 Automatic Transmission Owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 12:17 PM

!!!ATTENTION All 2K2 Automatic Transmission Owners!!!

A good number of you have posted comments that your transmission does not downshift properly when you are travelling between 40-80mph. I too am having this problem. I spoke with my dealer's Service Manager (Cambridge Nissan in MA) today who instructed me to put together a list of 2K2 Automatic Transmission owners who are also having this problem. This list will then be forwarded to Nissan North America and very possibly to Japan...the hope is that the engineers will look closely at the problem and come up with a fix. This is what I need:
Your name, mailing address, phone number, VIN, dealer where you purchased the car (include the name, city, state, and phone number), date of purchase (month/yr is fine), and your email address. If you wish to discuss this with me at all, email me at gwfield@hotmail.com and I will provide you with a phone number to call me at. I am going to pursue this problem for as long as it takes to get some results. I appreciate your assistance!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Very sound, Mike

Hmm.. what kind of problem is this? I, for one, never experienced it. If anything i'd like to get that slight slip from 1-2-3 fixed.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:01 PM

Shouldn't the people having this problem go through Nissan N.A. itself and open a file through 800-Nissan-1? I'm not saying you're not legit Boots, but you're asking .ORG members to giver personal information to a complete stranger.
Old 06-20-2002, 01:15 PM

I experience that slight slip from 1-2 also.
Old 06-21-2002, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by NYC2SD
Shouldn't the people having this problem go through Nissan N.A. itself and open a file through 800-Nissan-1? I'm not saying you're not legit Boots, but you're asking .ORG members to giver personal information to a complete stranger.
I realize that most folks don't know me. That is why I offered my email address, and would be willing to provide my work number to chat about this. If folks are still nervous or hesitant to provide full details, then maybe they could provide only what they feel comfortable with (eg name and email). Any kind of information sent to my email WOULD NOT be posted online, and only shared with Nissan officials. I am pushing this because my problem is VERY serious, as I have had several near-misses on the highway. The service manager at Cambridge Nissan, "Tommy" 617-661-1320, told me to gather a list of folks having the same problem and he would take it directly to the NE Regional Division Head at Nissan NA, apparently a friend of his.