5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

EIibach Springs/HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2000, 09:39 AM

Eibach Springs/HELP

I want to replace the factory springs on my 2K max, but i want to know if i can use the same struts with Eibach springs. Would this work? I noticed the suspension is electronic on mine. Does anyone knows how the electronic suspension works? I don't have a separate button to control it....

Please reply........

Thanks
Old 12-06-2000, 10:20 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Yes, you can use the stock struts with the Eibachs (I did that for quite some time).
Old 12-06-2000, 10:21 AM

Electronic? Where did you read this?

You might have elictronicaly controlled engine mounts, if you have auto.

I have stick, so I don't have them.

Many people here use stock shocks with Eibachs, stock shocks are made by Tokicos, I think there are Tokicos Blues out for 2000 SE. They supposed to be improvement over stock. Don't know if they are... But I didn't really like them after having them on my 95 SE. So you decide..

Originally posted by Deven2kStickMax
I want to replace the factory springs on my 2K max, but i want to know if i can use the same struts with Eibach springs. Would this work? I noticed the suspension is electronic on mine. Does anyone knows how the electronic suspension works? I don't have a separate button to control it....

Please reply........

Thanks
Old 12-06-2000, 11:02 AM

Re: Electronic? Where did you read this?

I also have a STICK and somewhere in the manual is says that the suspension is electronically controlle and there is a fuse in the fuse box for my car and wires attached to the struts.

Originally posted by Dany
You might have elictronicaly controlled engine mounts, if you have auto.

I have stick, so I don't have them.

Many people here use stock shocks with Eibachs, stock shocks are made by Tokicos, I think there are Tokicos Blues out for 2000 SE. They supposed to be improvement over stock. Don't know if they are... But I didn't really like them after having them on my 95 SE. So you decide..

Please reply........

Thanks
Old 12-06-2000, 11:32 AM

Well the wires attached is ABS sensor, I think..

Yeah the only thing electronically controlled is engine mounts which come with AUTO.

Old 12-06-2000, 07:24 PM
wht2kmax

Re: Eibach Springs/HELP

Please reply........

Thanks
Yes, you can use the stock strut/shocks with Eibachs, but let me tell you .. It's a totally different ball game with the tokicos, they made a HUGE difference in my car.

Jason
00 Maxima SE A/T with 2% secret sauce

Old 12-06-2000, 08:54 PM

wht2kmax...i have eibachs and i plan on getting tokicos sometime...better sooner than later? it sounds like you really like them but some people don't for older maximas...i've heard from everyone that gets new tires (performance tread) on mustangs, integras, civics etc. that it feels like you are driving an entirely new car...stock lateral g's is .81...i'm thinking the eibachs brought it upto about .83-.84...do you think the tokicos made as big of a difference as springs or even bigger? i'm hoping the tokicos can bring that skidpad upto about .87 or so because once i get 18s w/ toyo proxie t1's, i'll be over 9...then add 2 strut bars and 1 sway...i'm in high f*cking almost porsche/viper (vette) territory w/ a 4 door