5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Australian Maxima Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2000, 02:31 AM
micpom

Is there any Australian members out there. I read hundreds of posts over the last few days. But they are all in relation to US models which from their descriptions differ from the Australian version.

I drive a gen 5 Maxima ST, which has clarion sound, velour trim, climate, cruise electric everything , 16" Rims and coulour is pearl white. This is my second max, when your get a good thing stick with it.

I have many questions for anyone who has any knowledge of this model. Thank you

Old 12-07-2000, 04:36 AM

Isn't your Max in Australia the same as the US I30? I think it is. Do you have a rear sunshade? I know the body of the I30 and the overseas Max are the same.

What was your question about your Max?
Old 12-07-2000, 05:53 PM

Originally posted by micpom
Is there any Australian members out there. I read hundreds of posts over the last few days. But they are all in relation to US models which from their descriptions differ from the Australian version.

I drive a gen 5 Maxima ST, which has clarion sound, velour trim, climate, cruise electric everything , 16" Rims and coulour is pearl white. This is my second max, when your get a good thing stick with it.

I have many questions for anyone who has any knowledge of this model. Thank you
I think "Trippy D" is an Aussie... What Q's do you have?
Old 12-08-2000, 05:21 AM
micpom

Questions

Thanks for replying so quickly guys.

1.The first question is the sound system, I'd expect it is all oem design. Is it possible to upgrade the head unit and use the exisiting stacker? Or do I have to replace the stacker as well?

2. My first maxima a 98 gen 4 had to the ability to wind the windows down with the remote control. My new Gen five this feature doesn't work. Does anybody have any ideas on how this feature can be activated if possible? It sounds stupid, but I live in Brisbane which can reach 40 deg celsius and getting in to a oven is not all that fun.

If anybody ahs any ideas please reply.