5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Twin Cities, MN

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 03:01 PM

Twin Cities, MN

Hi,
I'm wondering if anybody knows a good place to get mods installed in the Twin Cities area? Dumb question, but will a dealer do it? Probably get raped on labor. I've got a 00 SE Auto, Pearl White, Black Leather, loaded. I'm looking for a little more cheap power to keep up with the 02's and I'm not mechanically inclined so I need help getting things done. I'm thinking of your basics like intake, UDP, etc. I want more torque off the line as this auto seems to be a slug off the go. What else do you guys recommend (remember I said cheap)? I put a K&N in it and didn't notice any diff at all.

Lastly, I bought early so I've got the 16" wheels and need to replace the Toyos soon. Which 215/55/16 has the best snow and crap weather traction and still offers good performance? I've heard the Dunlop A2's or whatever but I'm not sure.

Thanks all.
Old 07-08-2002, 03:05 PM

Re: Twin Cities, MN

Originally posted by MNMax
Hi,
I'm wondering if anybody knows a good place to get mods installed in the Twin Cities area? Dumb question, but will a dealer do it? Probably get raped on labor. I've got a 00 SE Auto, Pearl White, Black Leather, loaded. I'm looking for a little more cheap power to keep up with the 02's and I'm not mechanically inclined so I need help getting things done. I'm thinking of your basics like intake, UDP, etc. I want more torque off the line as this auto seems to be a slug off the go. What else do you guys recommend (remember I said cheap)? I put a K&N in it and didn't notice any diff at all.

Lastly, I bought early so I've got the 16" wheels and need to replace the Toyos soon. Which 215/55/16 has the best snow and crap weather traction and still offers good performance? I've heard the Dunlop A2's or whatever but I'm not sure.

Thanks all.
you can try Elite Autosports 612 521 0550. Where do you live?
Old 07-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Future Camaro SS owner

Re: Re: Twin Cities, MN

Originally posted by Vadim

I live in MN too. Go to the United states forum under upper midwest and post this question and I am sure you will get a reply. Also you can become a member at www.mnsportcompacts.net and ask them.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:26 AM

Re: Re: Twin Cities, MN

I'm up in Shoreview, about 10 miles north of St. Paul. I notice the 612 area code so I'm assuming Elite is further south. Not a big deal though.

Thanks a lot.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:45 AM

Re: Re: Re: Twin Cities, MN

I'm up in Shoreview, about 10 miles north of St. Paul. I notice the 612 area code so I'm assuming Elite is further south. Not a big deal though.

Thanks a lot.
It is right off of 94 and Broadway
P.S. I live in Blaine and work in Roseville. Are you going racing this weekend? Check out my post in the regional forum.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Twin Cities, MN

It is right off of 94 and Broadway
P.S. I live in Blaine and work in Roseville. Are you going racing this weekend? Check out my post in the regional forum.
I've never raced. Where bouts do you do it? I'm assuming legal versus street racing. I'd love to check it out sometime. Gotta get mine souped first, she's pretty stock at this point. She's my daily driver with occasional long trips so I don't want anything that'll decrease the life of the motor, just simple bolt-on stuff that'll give it that little extra fun factor.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2002, 08:38 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Twin Cities, MN

I've never raced. Where bouts do you do it? I'm assuming legal versus street racing. I'd love to check it out sometime. Gotta get mine souped first, she's pretty stock at this point. She's my daily driver with occasional long trips so I don't want anything that'll decrease the life of the motor, just simple bolt-on stuff that'll give it that little extra fun factor.

Thanks
it is in rock falls, wi. about 100 miles away. we are going this saturday at 6am. the race starts at 8.