5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Leather Stain !

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 11:01 AM

Leather Stain !

Ok, a cheap a## belt, really hot weather, and a 5 hour road trip left a huge, 2" wide black mark across my tan leather seat. I've tried everything I can think of...and it's still there. I've tried traditional leather cleaners, Windex, Fantastic, Goo-Gone, etc. and no dice...marks are still there. Please, any suggestions on how to get rid of this, without having to skin another cow!
Old 07-09-2002, 11:18 AM

Re: Leather Stain !

Originally posted by slider71
Ok, a cheap a## belt, really hot weather, and a 5 hour road trip left a huge, 2" wide black mark across my tan leather seat. I've tried everything I can think of...and it's still there. I've tried traditional leather cleaners, Windex, Fantastic, Goo-Gone, etc. and no dice...marks are still there. Please, any suggestions on how to get rid of this, without having to skin another cow!

I read recently that Soft scrub works good on leather ya might want to give it a try there was a thread on it last week
Old 07-09-2002, 12:10 PM

I have same thing on my frost leather from a brown belt - I'll give the softscrub thing a shot, but it pi$$ed me off to no end when I saw it - tried 3 leather cleaners - none worked.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2002, 04:51 PM

Re: Re: Leather Stain !

I just tried Soft Scrub ,with Bleach and it still didn't come out! Help!

Old 07-09-2002, 06:22 PM

Call a local detail shop..maybe they'll have some suggestion.
Old 07-09-2002, 07:59 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

I would definately call an upolstery shop

and see what they can do. I've also heard that repeated lexol cleaning/conditioning can help. It takes quite a few applications but eventually it comes out. Dunno... just read that. Somebody put a spare in their back seat and they got a stain. Took several weeks of repeated cleaning/conditioning but it came out.

I would try the shop first. I would definately Lexol the seat after using soft scrub (w/bleach!). I know that repeated cleaning/conditioning on our pathfinder has substantially reduced the visibility of marks that my wife's black belts left on her tan seats.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:59 PM

I imagine this kind of stain is very difficult as the dye on the belt has probably made it into your seat. I read somewhere that stains like this should be handled by professional cleaners. I found a link www.leatherassociation.com/FCleaner.html which is supposed to locate your neareest professional. It appears to be made more for clothing but perhaps it can help.