5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Eibach Springs Question - please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2002, 11:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Eibach Springs Question - please help

Hi I have a 2k2 maxima se, I hate the handling. will just Eibach springs and a inexpensive front strut bar do me any justice. How much will my car be lowered with the Eibach's and what is a fair price for them.
Old 07-09-2002, 11:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

Originally posted by 2k2Blue
Hi I have a 2k2 maxima se, I hate the handling. will just Eibach springs and a inexpensive front strut bar do me any justice. How much will my car be lowered with the Eibach's and what is a fair price for them.
Check my homepage for a 2k1 with Eibach on stock shocks/struts. I just replaced them with Tokico Blues front and 4th gen AGX rears but haven't taken further pics yet. I also have the Courtesy FSTB and my handling has increased leaps and bounds over stock. The stock rear springs will not like the Eibachs for long so be prepared to replace them sometime soon, just depends on how new they are. Mine had 22k on them when I swapped to Eibachs so the rears degraded pretty quickly over the next 7k miles....Good luck! Oh yeah, paid 225 shipped I believe from www.shox.com
Old 07-09-2002, 11:46 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

Originally posted by srbarnes4ever

Check my homepage for a 2k1 with Eibach on stock shocks/struts. I just replaced them with Tokico Blues front and 4th gen AGX rears but haven't taken further pics yet.
ah...u have the hybrid combo...how does the eibach fit into the rear shock? some member found that the prokit rear doesnt fit into the 4th gen AGX rear very well. (alignment problem)

Originally posted by 2k2Blue
check out parts list on the top of the 1st page. it has all the drop rate for all the available springs. eibach is 1.3 front and 1.0 rear. I got it for 195 plus shipping. go to groupdeal forum and look for a recent thread "eibach 195 for all gen"

change the struts if u can.....'cause stock will not live too long if ur area is filled with potholes.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

ah...u have the hybrid combo...how does the eibach fit into the rear shock? some member found that the prokit rear doesnt fit into the 4th gen AGX rear very well. (alignment problem)

check out parts list on the top of the 1st page. it has all the drop rate for all the available springs. eibach is 1.3 front and 1.0 rear. I got it for 195 plus shipping. go to groupdeal forum and look for a recent thread "eibach 195 for all gen"

change the struts if u can.....'cause stock will not live too long if ur area is filled with potholes.
Hybrid I am my friend and very well I'm doing also. Have only had it installed 2 full weeks now but I have had no problems as of yet with anything in the rear. The springs don't fully seat themselves onto the base of the spring perch because the diameters are mis-matched but there is no slop or movement at all. I plan to take a few photos next time I have a wheel off and post them to show what I mean.
Old 07-09-2002, 12:51 PM
I miss the .org!

Alot of people think the RSB will make the biggest difference. Here's the groupdeal: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=132765
Old 07-09-2002, 12:59 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

Hybrid I am my friend and very well I'm doing also. Have only had it installed 2 full weeks now but I have had no problems as of yet with anything in the rear. The springs don't fully seat themselves onto the base of the spring perch because the diameters are mis-matched but there is no slop or movement at all. I plan to take a few photos next time I have a wheel off and post them to show what I mean.

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos...&smi=1&a=52313
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you mean something like this?

I thought the weight of the car can force the spring into the perch....guess eibach are too good to be changed shape. does it screw up the alignment when the spring is not settled?

thx
Old 07-09-2002, 01:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

Originally posted by [maxi-overdose]

http://www.webphotos.com/list_photos...&smi=1&a=52313
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you mean something like this?

I thought the weight of the car can force the spring into the perch....guess eibach are too good to be changed shape. does it screw up the alignment when the spring is not settled?

thx
As I recall the Eibachs look all but identical to yours springs on the rear perch. I thought they were a little flatter or more uniform but maybe not. Either way I haven't had the alignment checked yet but will be getting one next week and will know for sure then. No noises or anything though so that's a good sign...I hope!
Old 07-09-2002, 01:10 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Eibach Springs Question - please help

As I recall the Eibachs look all but identical to yours springs on the rear perch. I thought they were a little flatter or more uniform but maybe not. Either way I haven't had the alignment checked yet but will be getting one next week and will know for sure then. No noises or anything though so that's a good sign...I hope!
those are not mine....those are emax's with cattman 5th gen AGX and HR spring. I am still waiting for my springs and havent ordered the shocks yet...
Old 07-09-2002, 01:27 PM
wat

I have a 2k2 se....check out the drop on my car. It was enough. Not too much, not too little. I with the strut bars and the sway bar, rides like a champ.