6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior Details

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 02:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Interior Details

I was reading back through some threads and I know there is lots of wondering about the interior.

Well I just walked by and they were actually filming now so I got a chance to be an "innocent bystander" and check out the cutaway rig. Perfect timing too b/c they had pulled the rear seats and dropped down the fronts.

Basing my opinion on my old 99, I can tell you it is completely different. I think it will be a love it/hate it thing here, but no one will say it's boring.
1. As I said before there is a three gauge pod on top of the wheel. Looks semi-aftermarket, some chrome trim, lots of light green accents.

2. The center of the dash, control console, looks like it is a foot wide solid aluminum block with a 10inch tv mounted in the top of it. The reason it looks so solid is b/c the buttons are all flush mounted dinished in the same brushed aluminum

3. Thick seats. The interior on this one, the cutaway, was in Black leather. Thick seats with huge headrests and regular center console.

For some reason, looking in on the cutaway, I kept thinking 1950's science fiction. I guess maybe like that old '84 max, super high tech - nothing retro here.

***Again with the Sunroof...sorry...the sunroof on that first silver SE IS about a foot wide and does run vertically from the front to with in a foot of the rear window. I am now thinking after seeing both sunroofs today, that the silver car is the FINAL prototype, and that the verticle sunroof might be some kind of option. It is much more finished than the vertical roof on the GXE.

Anyhow, hope that gives some ideas.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Confirmed

Just went up to my buddy's office - 3rd floor - to look down on the shoot and sure enough the sunroof looks to be a production feature.

And those wondering about interior colors - the cutaway was in black leather, the maroon GXE was in tan leather, and the silver SE was in oyster.

Sorry couldn't get a pic of the SE from above, because it really made me appreciate it more.

cya
Old 12-13-2002, 03:27 PM

it looked like the silver one didnt have that piece in the middle of the grill unless it was just dark.. it looked much better with the SE wheels and no center piece in the grill
Old 12-13-2002, 06:01 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Lately Nissan's been copying from GM, Ford & Chrysler by making thier interiors look & feel cheap, just look at how bad the Altima got slammed just for overall interior fit & finish

I just hope Nissan doesn't screw up on interior quality w/ the '04 Max like they did w/ the Altima

to Nissan - stop using the Big 3's techniques and materials to build interiors, go back to using higher quality interior materials like you've done before in the past!!
Old 12-14-2002, 12:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by JoesMAX
it looked like the silver one didnt have that piece in the middle of the grill unless it was just dark.. it looked much better with the SE wheels and no center piece in the grill
No it does have the centerpiece, it was just covered in a black film to cover the "Nissan" circle badge. It would be hard to see anyway, because it is done in a "black chrome" finish, hard to diff it from the actual "grill" material. The grill itself is constructed of a 1"x.5" mesh pattern in black, and the lights appear to be much slimmer than those on the Altima. Basically a set of piggy backed projector lenses.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by amixamsa

No it does have the centerpiece, it was just covered in a black film to cover the "Nissan" circle badge. It would be hard to see anyway, because it is done in a "black chrome" finish, hard to diff it from the actual "grill" material. The grill itself is constructed of a 1"x.5" mesh pattern in black, and the lights appear to be much slimmer than those on the Altima. Basically a set of piggy backed projector lenses.

man that grill is hideous... it looks just like the shots that Brian took a while ago, except the lower valence goes all the way out to the sides rather than just in the middle.. i think its gonna be one of those cars where people think that looks isnt as important as personality
Old 12-14-2002, 12:38 PM
Project Ruby......

That long sunroof is standard on all models according to FreshAlloy.com

It's called a skyroof, sounds similar to Porsche's targa.