6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Max is butt ugly

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 09:01 AM
mjg

I think they are intending this maxima as that grandpa mobile, and you can just replace the maxima with their new redesigned altima. Aside from the aestheticals, the altima is a better car anyhow. And as far as nissan people wanting a better car for the money, For the price i paid for my 2k2 maxima, i could have had a 350Z. (Having them produced in high enough volume is a different story of course). So I think we should all get over how ugly the new maxima is. Nissan needs a largish sedan, sure this one is ugly, but guess what, I wouldn't buy the ugly thing. If I was making enough money I wouldn't even consider a freakin nissan to begin with. And you know what, neither would any of you, unless you were all out out your minds.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:08 AM

well...
they didnt bring the true skyline here :-(
Old 12-11-2002, 10:27 AM
wat

You know whats even worse??? THEIR BUILDING IT IN A ****ING USA PLANT!!! now it will fall apart like the rest of american cars, sure it'll use good parts, but its the assembly that counts... The only reason why I like Imports, are for their style and reliability, theres no way you can turbo an american car, too much power will blow the engine.. Send an e-mail saying to build the cars in ****ing japan!

Oh.. and bring the skyline here, or atleast come out with a suped up Spec-V like the Evo (that car is fast as hell, 13 seconds on the 1/4 mile)
Old 12-11-2002, 10:46 AM
I'm needing a caw

Are you always this goofy dude? Ah Hondas and Toyotas have been built in USA for years. Have you seen a decrease in quality in them?? Duh

No way you can turbo an American car? Ah.. Omni GLH, Dodge Shelby, Buick GN, all the turbo deseil TRUCKS for years etc...All as reliable as other turbo cars.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Besides if they did make it Japan, it would probably drive up the cost to at least the high $30,000s.

Originally posted by BlueC
You know whats even worse??? THEIR BUILDING IT IN A ****ING USA PLANT!!! now it will fall apart like the rest of american cars, sure it'll use good parts, but its the assembly that counts... The only reason why I like Imports, are for their style and reliability, theres no way you can turbo an american car, too much power will blow the engine.. Send an e-mail saying to build the cars in ****ing japan!

Oh.. and bring the skyline here, or atleast come out with a suped up Spec-V like the Evo (that car is fast as hell, 13 seconds on the 1/4 mile)
Old 12-11-2002, 10:54 AM

Originally posted by tary44
well...
they didnt bring the true skyline here :-(
true skyline? The Skyline (g35) they brought here is the same as Japan's Skyline.

You want the GTR. That's a whole different car in itself. That should be here within a few years. I just hope it's Nissan badged but I doubt it..they will be like honda and label it Acura. If i was Nissan I would do the same thing and put it under Infiniti. It WILL sell more cars that way.
Old 12-11-2002, 12:23 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Are you always this goofy dude? Ah Hondas and Toyotas have been built in USA for years. Have you seen a decrease in quality in them?? Duh

No way you can turbo an American car? Ah.. Omni GLH, Dodge Shelby, Buick GN, all the turbo deseil TRUCKS for years etc...All as reliable as other turbo cars.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Besides if they did make it Japan, it would probably drive up the cost to at least the high $30,000s.

Actually, there were/are several Toyota and Honda recalls issued on cars made in the US only. I watched several consumer reports, it was hilarious cause they stated TWICE, only cars manufactured in America. Haven't seen them lately, so I assume all the Japanese quality control/assurance teams have made sure the US plants are running within compliance.

And importing would drive the prices up on the cars. So, yup.

-A
Old 12-11-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm needing a caw

Actually no manufacturer in the world is free from recalls. So I assume you meant two of the same model was being built in the usa/japan. And only the ones made in the usa had a recall? I didn't know they split up the manufacuring like that

Originally posted by avalon42
Actually, there were/are several Toyota and Honda recalls issued on cars made in the US only. I watched several consumer reports, it was hilarious cause they stated TWICE, only cars manufactured in America. Haven't seen them lately, so I assume all the Japanese quality control/assurance teams have made sure the US plants are running within compliance.

And importing would drive the prices up on the cars. So, yup.

-A
Old 12-11-2002, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by GLE02NJ
true skyline? The Skyline (g35) they brought here is the same as Japan's Skyline.

You want the GTR. That's a whole different car in itself. That should be here within a few years. I just hope it's Nissan badged but I doubt it..they will be like honda and label it Acura. If i was Nissan I would do the same thing and put it under Infiniti. It WILL sell more cars that way.
yeah didn't think of it that way
but still, honestly can you say that the g35 represents the previous skylines at all?
It's hardly similar to the 4door skyline

I dont know I think it's still misleading to call the G35 a "skyline"
Old 12-11-2002, 02:51 PM

probbaly because too many young teens looking to put chrome rims, body kit, altezzas, ect which is a joke toy car for nissans development team
Old 12-11-2002, 02:56 PM

people said the same thign when the 5th gen cam eout. it grew however bthe back of the car still sucks. and i dont know how u guys are so quick to judge bc you are looking ta one 2d photo.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:06 PM
Ute

The new maxima is not made for our demographic, the "enthusiast". I would wager that 75% of us are 18-30 year old males. The new maxima is a larger car, designed to compete with the Avalon. If we are on a tight budget, they expect us to buy a 3.5 Altima. If we have more money, they made a 6 sp. G35 for us. (Due here in Feb.) The maxima as we know it has evolved into a car that we don't want. I don't blame nissan for it, that is just the way markets and economy works. I will not but another maxima. It is no longer the same car. I might pick up a 6 sp G35 though....
Old 12-11-2002, 04:31 PM

If they knew about this site and didnt read it they would be kind of ignorant in my opinion. It would be free market research.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by QUEDOG9
If they knew about this site and didnt read it they would be kind of ignorant in my opinion. It would be free market research.
This site is not very representative of the real buyers of Maximas...
Old 12-11-2002, 07:38 PM

Originally posted by Weasel
This site is not very representative of the real buyers of Maximas...
last i checked i was a real buyer. we prob know more about the maxima then other buyers not "real buyers" and nissan themselves
Old 12-11-2002, 09:00 PM

This site is a representative of real buyers of Maximas but isn't representative of MOST buyers. Just look at most of the people you see on the road everyday in Maximas, Seems like an overwhelming majority of Maxima drivers I see aren't people I would ever see on this website. I do think an official Nissan Representative here would be nice however.
Old 12-11-2002, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by ReichMax97
This site is a representative of real buyers of Maximas but isn't representative of MOST buyers
Thanks, that's how I meant it.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:36 AM

Originally posted by Ute
The new maxima is not made for our demographic, the "enthusiast". I would wager that 75% of us are 18-30 year old males. The new maxima is a larger car, designed to compete with the Avalon. If we are on a tight budget, they expect us to buy a 3.5 Altima. If we have more money, they made a 6 sp. G35 for us. (Due here in Feb.) The maxima as we know it has evolved into a car that we don't want. I don't blame nissan for it, that is just the way markets and economy works. I will not but another maxima. It is no longer the same car. I might pick up a 6 sp G35 though....
The problem is that our options will now go from a $27K Altima 3.5SE to a $36K G35 (both cars loaded). That's a big jump, and I think Nissan will lose some potential buyers because of it.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:37 AM
I love lamp.

Originally posted by Aphrodisiac

I dont care what they say that is not a skyline.
It doesn't look it
It doesn't use the RB26DETT
It's not 4WD
It seems like there is no way to get over 600HP easily
That's what I think too. Nissan had some nerve of changing the Skyline, but I've heard that they will be calling the R36 a GTR instead of a Skyline GTR? Maybe we haven't quite lost it.....guess I will have to wait and see. I agree with Avalon, broke or not, if they brought over the R34, I'd buy one too. Hell I would be on something if I let the opportunity up.

Sarin
Old 12-12-2002, 07:48 AM

Good thing my lease will be up next year.
I'll take a 6 speed G35 Sedan...in black, please. (when it comes out)
Old 12-12-2002, 08:19 AM
Ute

Originally posted by tbirdrob

The problem is that our options will now go from a $27K Altima 3.5SE to a $36K G35 (both cars loaded). That's a big jump, and I think Nissan will lose some potential buyers because of it.

2002 Maxima SE 6 sp., fully loaded is about $32,000 MSRP. Sounds like the Altima is a better value car to me.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Ute

2002 Maxima SE 6 sp., fully loaded is about $32,000 MSRP. Sounds like the Altima is a better value car to me.
Yes, the sticker is around there (with Navi), but there are MAJOR discounts on the Max right now. I got my 2003 SE 6 sp, everything except navi for 25,900. I don't think you can get anything that has half the equipment for that price (nevermind the amazing VQ engine).
Old 12-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Ute

Originally posted by vito1281

Yes, the sticker is around there (with Navi), but there are MAJOR discounts on the Max right now. I got my 2003 SE 6 sp, everything except navi for 25,900. I don't think you can get anything that has half the equipment for that price (nevermind the amazing VQ engine).

Do you think they will be offering the same discounts on the new Maxima? I don't. It's sticker will be solidly between the Altima and G35, both of which appear to be better vehicles for the enthusiast. The Altima is cheaper, has the same engine, smaller and lighter. The G35 is more luxurious, rear-wheel drive, and will hold its value better. I think nissan is intentionally aiming the maxima at a different demographic than us, beliving we will either buy a Altima, or if we have more money, a G35. The new maxima is not the same breed of vehicle we are used to. At least, thats what I'm led to believe. Telling them to change it won't do any good, because they are not building it for us.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:57 PM

Re: DOES NISSAN know about the ORG??

Originally posted by iregula
If they were smart they would look at this forum to get a sense of our opinions!
Yes, they know we're here but they enjoy punishing us.
We ***** and moan all day about how Nissan paint sucks and what do they do? Make a comercial about Nissan paint "melting" off at "high" speed and doing so rubbing the cheap paint issue right in our faces...bastards every last one of them.
I've takled to dealers who are aware of Maxima.org. They are probably taking notes on how to get us really ****ed off so we can come back to our computers and write beautiful ranting flame infected stories of hate and loathing towards a dealership just so Nissan can feel some sick satisfaction for not being a people friendly organization.
Old 12-12-2002, 10:18 PM

little late on this subject maybe, but i agree we don't represent the "real" maxima buyers... we here are all enthusiasts that know way more than the averge person does about cars, (at least most of us, but those here who don't know learn prety fast) and the car dealers deff DON'T know more about the cars then we do. we even know more about our cars then some mechanics... (i know i know more about my car than my dads mechanic knows, i had to tell him what to replace, and even after that, he still didn't do it right.)when ever me and my friend go out test driving cars, we always know more then the dealer does at any car dealership.
the newer typical maxima buyers are high class buissness people who want luxary, or older retired people who have a lot of money, and those people aren't going to go online to look up forums on how to make the car faster, or what the common problems are, or how to fix em, they just take it to the mechanic and drop the bills to get it fixed. most of us here get the maxima's for their durability, quality, and speed (regardless of generation).

(got to make up for the past three months i haven't posted)
Old 12-13-2002, 03:12 PM

ugliest cars I've seen...

What up guys I'm new in this forum.
I have looked at the new max and it seem very nice. I am also interested in the new 2004 TL. So I try to search for this car.
Guess what I found in the TL forum?
Some people from the TL thank God it is not their car.(2004 TL) They keep saying that it's ugly.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=50123
I was like WTF your talking your about.
Can't wait to see the new TL.
I bet that the new MAX could smoke it without any problem.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:03 PM

I wouldn't exactly say it'll smoke a TL type S yet.. nobody knows either cars numbers yet.. not to mention the max looks pretty friggin heavy, im guessing somewhere along the lines of 3400lb+ fully loaded. I think we need to give a bit more respect to those acuras.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:09 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

God forbid non-Maxima drivers call the 2k4 Maxima ugly...what nerve

and oh yeah
Old 12-13-2002, 05:19 PM

Re: Re: DOES NISSAN know about the ORG??

Originally posted by JeffCatt
Yes, they know we're here but they enjoy punishing us.
We ***** and moan all day about how Nissan paint sucks and what do they do? Make a comercial about Nissan paint "melting" off at "high" speed and doing so rubbing the cheap paint issue right in our faces...bastards every last one of them.
BUWHAHAHHAHHAHHAH...that's exactly waht I thought!! Those bastards!!!
Old 12-13-2002, 07:39 PM

I did not said that it was ugly.
Some TL guy did.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:43 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

ugliest cars I've seen

• Pontiac Aztek
  • Honda Element
  • Toyota Echo
  • "Mini" Cooper
Old 12-13-2002, 08:10 PM

Want to know the ugliest car ever exited?
www.uglycars.co.uk
Old 12-13-2002, 08:14 PM

Sorry this is what i meant:
http://www.geocities.com/avant1963/2002.htm
Old 12-13-2002, 09:29 PM
MaximaFreak

Originally posted by twoK2MAX
Sorry this is what i meant:
http://www.geocities.com/avant1963/2002.htm
Boy, that guy is original. All his pics are the same for 2001. And to say the Ford Thunderbird is an ugly car is a sin. Saying it is overpriced ... sure, but not ugly.
Old 12-14-2002, 08:44 AM
RussMaxManiac

Re: ugliest cars I've seen...

Originally posted by twoK2MAX
What up guys I'm new in this forum.
I have looked at the new max and it seem very nice. I am also interested in the new 2004 TL. So I try to search for this car.
Guess what I found in the TL forum?
Some people from the TL thank God it is not their car.(2004 TL) They keep saying that it's ugly.
http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...threadid=50123
I was like WTF your talking your about.
Can't wait to see the new TL.
I bet that the new MAX could smoke it without any problem.
I personally do not like the new Maxima. I dunno what is going on with Nissan styling these days, but its gone to crap.

The new TL is estimated around 280-300 hp.

Old 12-14-2002, 10:59 AM

I hate to say it but at this point I would rather buy a 2k4 TL than a 6th gen. I thoroughly enjoy spirited driving around the backroads and the 2004 max looks like it'll handle like a bus.
Old 12-14-2002, 12:47 PM
I need a truck

Re: ugliest cars I've seen

Originally posted by Wht98SE
  • Pontiac Aztek
  • Honda Element
  • Toyota Echo
  • "Mini" Cooper
and electric car is fugly ... but the aztek takes the cake
Old 12-14-2002, 02:04 PM

i know eh
their current TL is not so pretty either
those two huge ugly headlights.....,
i mean...
a car that slim cant have huge headlights.....
it looks a candy apple on a stick
Old 12-14-2002, 03:14 PM

acura TL
lala car
Old 12-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Zam

Originally posted by pmb1985
the newer typical maxima buyers are high class buissness people who want luxary,

Me a high class business person? COOL!

We've got to get back to reality. Nissan is a company that is out to make money. If there were a good number(hundreds, maybe thousands) of us with the same complaint Nissan should probably look into the matter. Otherwise I can't see them trying to fix every niggling problem.

Zam
Old 12-16-2002, 05:18 AM

Re: ugliest cars I've seen

yeah i second this!!!

Originally posted by Wht98SE
  • Pontiac Aztek
  • Honda Element
  • Toyota Echo
  • "Mini" Cooper

Quick Reply: 2004 Max is butt ugly