6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Max is butt ugly

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 05:49 AM
MaximaFreak

Re: Re: ugliest cars I've seen

Bah, I say:
Pontiac Aztek
Toyota Echo
Chevy Monte Carlo
Honda Insight
Old 12-16-2002, 05:51 AM

Re: Re: Re: ugliest cars I've seen

Originally posted by Big_Ham
Bah, I say:
Pontiac Aztek
Toyota Echo
Chevy Monte Carlo
Honda Insight
those are good too and don't forget the Ford Tonka, what's wrong those guys?!!
Old 12-16-2002, 07:30 PM

Re: Re: Attention! Must See!

Originally posted by Aphrodisiac

In a way I have to agree with you because I have this theory: Nissan just wants to replicate the Z lines on ALL its models.

Murano
G35
Maxima
R35

some vaguer then others
Ding Ding! gotta winner! Doesn't give a sh** what we think! they wanna make money they want alltheir cars to be friendly and ***Look*** sporty! even if they are no more that a giant lard block on wheels.....Everyone wants a 350Z but some people actually have things like uhhh.. luggage, maybe other passengers? who knows. people are going to say well if I can't get a 350Z then this thing that kinda looks like it will have to do!
Old 12-17-2002, 11:48 AM
I'm needing a caw

Of course there's no reply

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Are you always this goofy dude? Ah Hondas and Toyotas have been built in USA for years. Have you seen a decrease in quality in them?? Duh

No way you can turbo an American car? Ah.. Omni GLH, Dodge Shelby, Buick GN, all the turbo deseil TRUCKS for years etc...All as reliable as other turbo cars.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Besides if they did make it Japan, it would probably drive up the cost to at least the high $30,000s.

Quoted Message:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by BlueC
You know whats even worse??? THEIR BUILDING IT IN A ****ING USA PLANT!!! now it will fall apart like the rest of american cars, sure it'll use good parts, but its the assembly that counts... The only reason why I like Imports, are for their style and reliability, theres no way you can turbo an american car, too much power will blow the engine.. Send an e-mail saying to build the cars in ****ing japan!

Oh.. and bring the skyline here, or atleast come out with a suped up Spec-V like the Evo (that car is fast as hell, 13 seconds on the 1/4 mile)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 12-17-2002, 09:38 PM

iregula: very true, when the 5th gen's came out everyone yapped about the ugliness and how nissan was going to go completly under.... Then for the first time in seven years they made a profit and people liked it =)

Jeff92se: 100% correct. Honda has been making their motors in Merrville, Ohio for awhile now... For some reason people have the impresion that where the car is built reflects quality. Make all the generalizations you want, (most of which are based on american motor companies decisions in the 70s & 80s to cut costs which drastically lowered quality) but cookie cutter machines and factories function the same wherever they are built. =)

-Nate
Old 12-17-2002, 09:58 PM

Didn't nissan bring the new maxima (at the time) to Maxus or whatever and give away some freebie items (digi cam, etc.).....

About corportions not caring....... I work at the headquaters of a rather large and expanding corportion, and actually posted around the office (break room, copy room, etc.) are consistently letters from some of our clients. Both feel-good and your service sucks type of letters.

So I am sure some of the messages get through, but what people do not seem to understand is Nissan is a company. An automotive company at that, one which is around for the sole purpose of generatly profit.... and that's it.... If they think an option or direction will lower their expenses or raise their revenue, then they will probably choose it. Now if that decision goes against your opinion you feel cheated and as if they don't care, but if it goes in favor you think they listen and appreciate how much they care.

Bottom line is, they care about money, and that's ok, because that's what companies are supposed to do......
Old 12-17-2002, 10:18 PM

To you guys that think the new max is ugly

Maybe it is...

but guess what, Nissan is still gunna RAKE IT IN.. despite your opinions on its design, appearance, projected performance. The common population love cars like that... enthusiasts are a minority... the new max will be a great seller... all the common population needs to hear is: Tons of std. features! Class-leading horsepower , .. leather this, .. automatic that... and they're sold. Your criticism is heard only by other enthusiasts w/ the same opinion ..
Old 12-18-2002, 05:16 AM
Administrator

please keep it all in one thread

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=175123
Old 12-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

you ladies want to stop the BS?
thanks!
Old 12-18-2002, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
They defintely know we exist.

Old 12-18-2002, 02:19 PM

*sigh*

Originally posted by Aphrodisiac
I dont care what they say that is not a skyline.
It doesn't look it
It doesn't use the RB26DETT
It's not 4WD
It seems like there is no way to get over 600HP easily
[rant]News Flash:
Not all the previous Skylines look like the R32-34s you're probably used to. Nissan's been making Skylines for over 40 years now.
Not all previous Skylines used the RB26DETT: Most used RB20s, RB25s and RB30s. There were the FJ20-powered models too, and that's just going back to the '80s.
Not all previous Skylines were 4wd: Most are rwd.
Not all previous Skylines could get over 600hp easily: The RB20s couldn't handle much extra power at all.

There was only one of several Skyline models that fits your descriptions, and that was the GT-R. The GT-R is only the top model out of a big range of Skylines. The Skylines were always intended to be a sporty family of sedans and coupes. That's what the V35 Skyline/G35 is;a sporty sedan/coupe. It is a true Skyline. What is so misleading about that?[/rant]

It's almost the same way with the 6th gen. With the phrase "The Soul of the Z" campaign, it looks like Nissan is trying to bring the 350Z and Maxima closer together, like they were at first. The first Maxima really did have the soul of the Z, and it wouldn't surprise me if the 6th gen had a very similar power output to the 350Z.
Old 12-18-2002, 09:20 PM

What the hell is that thing?????

That has to be the ugliest thing ever...almost as bad as the new accord

better get your hands on an 03 SE ASAP!!

it looks like an altima...why nissan why?
Old 12-18-2002, 10:08 PM

I have to agree
Old 12-19-2002, 03:11 AM
Administrator

i saw a chicken cross the road today..

Old 12-19-2002, 03:16 AM
Administrator

there is more skyline and G35 talk in here than crooks on wall street..

Old 12-19-2002, 09:39 PM

Like any maxima.....

the 6th one wont look so bad after u put 19s or 20s and slam it.
And that is true with ANY car! Including mine.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:03 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Like any maxima.....

Originally posted by johnsmax the 6th one wont look so bad after u put 19s or 20s and slam it.
IMO that'll make it look worse and even more bumbling and bulky....
Old 12-20-2002, 02:44 AM
Administrator

Old 12-21-2002, 12:37 AM

New 2004 Maxima Front Photo

someone posted this photo on Freshalloy web site.
Take a look Here!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 06:07 AM
Administrator

its less than one post away from yours..

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=175506
Old 12-21-2002, 06:30 PM

Call me unloyal.............

uloyal to the 6th gen board that is, but after seeing that red max with the new front end pic, I LIKE the 6th gen. I don't understand all the hate. The car has a much better front end than the 5th gen....that has been a mistake since the 2000 year. Yes, the car is bigger, but it has to be. Then need/want a full size car. Sometimes its hard to accept change, but nissan needs and is using some "forward" thinking. They can't just reskin old cars.

Some highlights that are import are the IRS, rumored AWD and V8. Nissan is continuing to revamp their cars and as a result is getting more and more respect(new z, murano, altima).
Old 12-22-2002, 08:06 PM

Um...I dunnot Mike

I'm finding it hard to agree with you are the front end there. Better than the the 5th gen?! I guess that is why art and style is what it it. Subjective and in the eye of the beholder. Overall, I'm not set against the new Max. I was actually all for it until seeing the front.

I will withhold final opinions for an in person viewing. I hope it has killer Xenons, AWD and at least 275 (actual rated) horsies. I'm doubtful about a V8 but who knows.

With the current issue of HP with my 2K2 and my CD6 Bose that Blows after having been replaced already...I almost ready to switch over to an STi or Pontiac (Holden) GTO late next year.

Final stats on the new Max and word on the supercharger for next year are the current pending items for me before final decision. I love Nissans, I'm currently on my 5th Nissan (3 max's, 1 altima, 1 300ZX) and I may just try another product for awhile and let Nissan shake out some more of the performance and styling issues with its new products over the next couple of years.

My .02
Old 12-23-2002, 10:21 AM

HEY!

Don't *diss* the 5th gen! It's been possibly the best generation of the Maxima yet. I don't see how anyone can look at a big bloated altima and think it looks better than the current gen Maxima.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:56 PM

2004 Max is butt ugly

You probably agree with me, the 04 Max is way too ugly. Nissan is going to lose their *** on that one.
Old 12-24-2002, 01:37 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

that's what i said about the 5th gen.

p.s. i now own a 5th gen.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:19 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaximaZero
that's what i said about the 5th gen.

p.s. i now own a 5th gen.
lol
Old 12-24-2002, 07:10 AM
Very sound, Mike

I don't agree, from what i've seen Nissan's designs are either hit or miss. And when it's a hit, it takes time for people to appreciate it. Given the volatility of car designs i think it's good in a way, why? Because at least the design doesn't go out of style too fast.

IMHO, the 6th gen has a really nice look to it from front to back. I never liked the rear on the 5th gen but i bought one anyway because it has some pizzazz to it. Same goes with the 4th gen. The 6th OTOH, i can definitely say Nissan did a good job on it this time.

I just hope they don't mess up the interior, knowing them they're bound to miss something.
Old 12-24-2002, 03:00 PM

I Need Proof!!!

Could someone please point me in the direction of the Nissan PR'd info on the new 6th Gen Max?

Everyone is making claims like they've read some Nissan press releases.

Not only do I want the facts...I want to see the proof...

I beleive (not fact)
1) RWD with AWD option
2) 5spd tranny "Sport Shift" or 6spd
3) Based on Q45...maybe M45...
4) I know the VQs and VEs are transverse mounted, but I think the new Max won't be.

I'm probably wrong...as a matter of fact, prove me wrong. I just want to see the proof...that's all...not trying to start some big debate...just want to read some Nissan released specs...NOT info from a "spoiler" site, not info from "a friend of a friend", not a post you read that was started by a "Nissan employee". SHOW ME A NISSAN DOCUMENT

I'm waiting....
Old 12-24-2002, 08:36 PM

Re: I Need Proof!!!

Originally posted by ebmorgan
Could someone please point me in the direction of the Nissan PR'd info on the new 6th Gen Max, since I don't know how to SEARCH?
Everyone is making claims like they've read some Nissan press releases. Blah, blah, blah...
I beleive (not fact)
1) RWD with AWD option
4) I know the VQs and VEs are transverse mounted, but I think the new Max won't be.
Whine, whine, whine, SHOW ME A NISSAN DOCUMENT
I'm waiting....
From Freshalloy.com, who gets their information from Nissan.
All-new. Based on the new Altima platform.
Rumors suggest AWD may be an option, along with 2+2-style seating.
Independent rear suspension.

Here's another quote from their Altima preview:
The biggest news (no pun intended) is that the new Altima will indeed be larger and actually more spacious than the current Maxima! The new Altima will share it's platform with a new even larger Maxima due out in 2004-2005. The new Maxima will be based on stretched wheelbase of the same platform. The platform is called the FF-L, btw.

And finally, a quote from a Nissan press release. This was in another thread here, btw. Search is your friend.
"Availability of the 3.5-liter VQ V6 will expand in the 2004 model year with the introduction of the all-new Nissan Quest minivan, the first vehicle to be produced at Nissan’s new manufacturing plant in Canton, Miss. The engine also will be continued in the all-new 2004 Nissan Maxima, which in early 2003 will be added to the production lineup at Nissan’s award-winning manufacturing plant in Smyrna, Tenn." Guess what platform is made at that plant? The FF-L! The Maxima, Altima, Quest, and Murano(iirc) will be produced at the Tennessee plant because they are all based on the same fwd platform.

And just so you'll quit with this M45 nonsense...
As predicted by FA, M45 is based on JDM Gloria.
4.5L V8 from Q45. Priced to compete with competitor's V6 models.

Additionally, the 6th gen looks nothing like an M45 or Q45. I used to think that the 3rd gen Altima was on the same platform as the G35, but at least they have a similar side profile. If you compare the 3rd gen Altima with the 6th gen Max, you'll see the similarities, especially in the c-pillar.
Old 12-24-2002, 09:08 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ebmorgan! You have just been

What did you this we were doing, talking out of our *** like you? :P
Old 12-24-2002, 09:58 PM

Re: I Need Proof!!!

Originally posted by ebmorgan

I beleive (not fact)
1) RWD with AWD option

And where did you get your information...?
Old 12-24-2002, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by rbloedow
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ebmorgan!
What did you this we were doing, talking out of our *** like you? :P
All my info was pure speculation...as I stated...you would know this if you had read my post completely.

So, before you accuse people of "talking out of their a$$", make sure you aren't first...

Newbie....
Old 12-24-2002, 11:27 PM

Re: Re: I Need Proof!!!

Originally posted by Black VQ

From Freshalloy.com, who gets their information from Nissan.
All-new. Based on the new Altima platform.
Rumors suggest AWD may be an option, along with 2+2-style seating.
Independent rear suspension.

Here's another quote from their Altima preview:
The biggest news (no pun intended) is that the new Altima will indeed be larger and actually more spacious than the current Maxima! The new Altima will share it's platform with a new even larger Maxima due out in 2004-2005. The new Maxima will be based on stretched wheelbase of the same platform. The platform is called the FF-L, btw.

And finally, a quote from a Nissan press release. This was in another thread here, btw. Search is your friend.
"Availability of the 3.5-liter VQ V6 will expand in the 2004 model year with the introduction of the all-new Nissan Quest minivan, the first vehicle to be produced at Nissan’s new manufacturing plant in Canton, Miss. The engine also will be continued in the all-new 2004 Nissan Maxima, which in early 2003 will be added to the production lineup at Nissan’s award-winning manufacturing plant in Smyrna, Tenn." Guess what platform is made at that plant? The FF-L! The Maxima, Altima, Quest, and Murano(iirc) will be produced at the Tennessee plant because they are all based on the same fwd platform.

And just so you'll quit with this M45 nonsense...
As predicted by FA, M45 is based on JDM Gloria.
4.5L V8 from Q45. Priced to compete with competitor's V6 models.

Additionally, the 6th gen looks nothing like an M45 or Q45. I used to think that the 3rd gen Altima was on the same platform as the G35, but at least they have a similar side profile. If you compare the 3rd gen Altima with the 6th gen Max, you'll see the similarities, especially in the c-pillar.
Thanks, Black VQ... This is exactly the info I was looking for....thanks again...
Old 12-25-2002, 02:48 AM
Playboycutie69

that drop looks sick, tell me how is the ride? Thats the same etup I want being that sprint springs are the lowest drop for the max? Any problems?, too harsh?, Is the handling way better?, are potholes and bumps a problem?I waiting 4 a good deal

Old 12-25-2002, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2002, 04:18 PM

hmm

oh my God.. sprintmax is a handsome man
Old 12-25-2002, 04:27 PM

Re: Geez! the new Maxima is ulgy as ****

Originally posted by ArcticMax

oh my god.. SprintMax is a handsome man
I think that your comments need to be posted here: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=175123
Old 12-26-2002, 03:45 AM
topdaytrader

2004 Nissan Maxima

http://www.dreamtrade.com/cgi-bin/ya...?board=motionr;action=display;num=1039117160

Old 12-26-2002, 05:48 AM

Re: 2004 Nissan Maxima

Originally posted by topdaytrader
http://www.dreamtrade.com/cgi-bin/ya...?board=motionr;action=display;num=1039117160
That 2nd photo is a spoiler. Looks like FWD judging by the rims. I thought the car looked good from the side/back shot, but that front is hideous. Simply cannot understand why Nissan can't just make a good looking car. Time to start reading the posts on audiworld and brace my wallet for the purchase of an A4 in a year or even longer (Max has 69k, can't just replace it yet). Love that option of "full" leather on the A4, none of that fake insert c***!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:17 AM

maybe it will look better in another color

Quick Reply: 2004 Max is butt ugly