6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

LA AUTOSHOW PICS(large)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 11:23 PM
Former Sponsor

hmmmm a car that needs custom bodywork from the factory

I agree the lines are ok there are some cool things you can do but there is so much to shave so much to change its crazy!!!
Old 01-14-2003, 12:55 AM

I like this new max overall. Its going to catch on an many of us here will jump on the bandwagon. It had to grow cause the alty grew and it will change (fascia, lights etc) probably as soon as 2005 comes around to get rid of the oddities. It usually happens like that with almost every car manufactures. Look at the WRX with its round headlights that most people don't like. Suburu is changing it to some other one that looks bugeyed to me but they (manufacturers) will resopond to the public...its only time.

If you squint you can see the GS430 plain as day...
Old 01-14-2003, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by BigJuice
I like this new max overall. Its going to catch on an many of us here will jump on the bandwagon. It had to grow cause the alty grew and it will change (fascia, lights etc) probably as soon as 2005 comes around to get rid of the oddities. It usually happens like that with almost every car manufactures. Look at the WRX with its round headlights that most people don't like. Suburu is changing it to some other one that looks bugeyed to me but they (manufacturers) will resopond to the public...its only time.

If you squint you can see the GS430 plain as day...
So in march when it comes out..everyone will come back to the forum too see who has bought one. They will hear all the good reviews on the cars performance and rush out to get one...right???
Old 01-14-2003, 04:50 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new "vertical" style headlights on all these new cars? It seems as each new generation is moving away from the streamlined "horizontal" look. Remember the 2nd gen lights?
Old 01-14-2003, 07:35 PM

Originally posted by DaBoxSE
Am I the only one who doesn't like the new "vertical" style headlights on all these new cars? It seems as each new generation is moving away from the streamlined "horizontal" look. Remember the 2nd gen lights?
I will be the first to admit that there is a chance one day I'm eating crow on this one, but the fact is that I don't EXPECT to be in the new car market before the end of the run of this 6th gen. So, I probably won't need to contemplate the decision for real. It is much easier for me to say "never" now 'cause I'm not faced with the decision. Now, there is no way that I'd trade out of my 02 or 03 into the 6th voluntarily, like I did going from my 01 to my 02. I just don't see the 6th as that kind of improvment or with the "gotta have" factor the 02 had for me over the 01. But if one of mine was to get wrecked or something like that, I might find myself trying to wrestle with the decision. Mechanically I don't think there is any doubt the 6th is an evolutionary improvement, same goes for the feature content. But I just don't like the way it was all put together. But at the end of the day, we are all Maxima fanatics, and who knows what decision we'll make when we have the opportunity. And I have to agree...I always reserve final judgement for a personal look/see experience. On the flip side, I was enthralled with the G-35 sedan until I sat in and drove one. After that...I was back to Maxima (i.e., the 03 purchase). I sure didn't expect that to happen. I guess the same thing could happen for me and the new Max, from the opposite direction , that is..

Will wait and see...but all this is pretty entertaining conversation!!

srm
Old 01-17-2003, 08:30 PM
plmafia16

Originally posted by eternalmaxima
that grill is ugly..but the car is the best max so far.. I cant wait to get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the 5th generation maximas. i don't know what the hell was going through your head when you wrote that you want one. You must have not had your glasses on or something like that. That car looks like an Altima that just got rear ended by a mack truck and accidently put 350Z headlights on it. After writing this i still think that you are dumb as rocks for thinking that that looks nice.

Old 01-20-2003, 07:21 PM

This car looks REALLY bad stock, but i think that if it was lowered, had a nice body kit/wheels, this Max could look pretty damn sharp... It has the type of body that screams for a body kit/lowering/wheels... We'll see, but for now, i still love the 4th gens and 5th's...
Old 01-21-2003, 12:16 AM

For that much cheese you can get a "true" sports and not have complain about front wheel drive and 4 doors. I just dont see how 1+1=3, something is wrong with this Max. I can feel it!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

im sooo sorry..but the mazda 6 just got my pick for 4 door sports car.. if they threw in a 255hp motor..and 6 speed....id be all over that..but yeah..this 6th gen needs major help. If i got one..id cover it in garbage bags...and drive it to the body shop
Old 01-21-2003, 12:39 AM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
but yeah..this 6th gen needs major help. If i got one..id cover it in garbage bags...and drive it to the body shop
That's some funny stuff. I can picture you doing that.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:42 AM
plmafia16

i agree with what you just said but right now how it looks i would drive it off a cliff. with some body modifications then maybe. they really have to do something about the rear of the car.

Old 01-21-2003, 08:46 AM

Originally posted by plmafia16
i agree with what you just said but right now how it looks i would drive it off a cliff. with some body modifications then maybe. they really have to do something about the rear of the car.
do you even drive a maxima???? You have no taste... or u are afraid of change..the new Max is nice accept it....
Old 01-22-2003, 05:38 AM

Originally posted by chinaonnitrous1
im sooo sorry..but the mazda 6 just got my pick for 4 door sports car.. if they threw in a 255hp motor..and 6 speed....id be all over that..
Ditto! That car has caught my attention, but its only got 220hp. I would jump on it, but I must admit that the max ownz in luxury compared to it.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:11 AM

I agreeeeee totally......