6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Why is nissan bringing the ugly burnt orange 6th gen to the auto shows ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 09:48 AM

Why is nissan bringing the ugly burnt orange 6th gen to the auto shows ?

I went to the auto show on Sat to look at the new max and this is the only one that they had there. That color does absolutely nothing for the Max.

I went with the idea of being open minded and really wanted to walk away liking what I saw, but that color is disgusting. That tooth is also way to big. It stands out like a sore thumb when you stand in front of the car.

I don't know guys. This car hasn't won me over and I really want to like. Of course, I then went over and looked at the G35 and basically fell in love. The interior on that car was soooo nice. Unless another color on the Max make it look much better I think I'm going to get he G35 next. it's basically the same price.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 AM

Trendiness...

Nissan is convinced orange is the new hot color. Also, because it's so different, it makes even their production models look like concept cars (they ain't foolin' me).

Back in 2000 Bumble Bee Yellow was the "hot" color. People ate it up. Now, they're stuck with yellow Xterras and Escapes that nobody wants to buy second hand, because they don't want to stand out THAT much, or because it dates the car badly. Trendy colors don't stand the test of time, and shout to the world you have an old car years later.

Orange? Yellow? Brown? Purple? I mean, I remember those colors from the '70's growing up!

It all proves one thing:

"What goes around, comes around."

and

"What's old, is new again."

Old 02-10-2003, 10:26 AM

Re: Trendiness...

I hear ya. My friends said the same thing at the auto show. I also got stuck on the yellow gauge clusters. I wonder why they picked yellow? Everyone I went with (guys and girls) had the same reaction to Nissan's color choices: "I like the VW blue dash lights much more!"
Old 02-10-2003, 11:44 AM

Check dis out

Read 3rd paragraph
Old 02-10-2003, 11:52 AM

Re: Check dis out

I wonder what that guy was smoking ? The article was terrible and sounded as if Nissan asked him to write it.
Old 02-10-2003, 01:15 PM

Re: Re: Check dis out

Originally posted by dougb
I wonder what that guy was smoking ? The article was terrible and sounded as if Nissan asked him to write it.
They practically did... Laurance Yap, a freelance writer (yap@mac.com), prepared this report based on sessions arranged and paid for by the automaker.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Very sound, Mike

They had the silver '04 down here in the Houston autoshow.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:13 PM

Re: Trendiness...

Originally posted by sammax89
Nissan is convinced orange is the new hot color. Also, because it's so different, it makes even their production models look like concept cars (they ain't foolin' me).

Back in 2000 Bumble Bee Yellow was the "hot" color. People ate it up. Now, they're stuck with yellow Xterras and Escapes that nobody wants to buy second hand, because they don't want to stand out THAT much, or because it dates the car badly. Trendy colors don't stand the test of time, and shout to the world you have an old car years later.

Orange? Yellow? Brown? Purple? I mean, I remember those colors from the '70's growing up!

It all proves one thing:

"What goes around, comes around."

and

"What's old, is new again."

Your correct, I would never buy a car in one of those colors!
Old 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I think its because they sell show the "Z" with that color that they are trying to push the conecpt of a 4 door "Z"
Old 02-10-2003, 07:04 PM

I have not seen the orange in person, but I love it in pictures. Hopefully orange will hit up the Minneapolis auto show in March. I don't know you think is so bad about it? It isn't the lime green neon were talking about or the early 1990's teal that was cool for about a year. Orange is a stylish color that is now on some chrysler cars (neon and pt cruiser) as well as ford (focus) and I like it on them. It will be interesting to see the sales statistics after a year of sales. Could be I am 22. Maybe I am the target market for that color?
Old 02-10-2003, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by TheNip73
I have not seen the orange in person, but I love it in pictures. Hopefully orange will hit up the Minneapolis auto show in March. I don't know you think is so bad about it? It isn't the lime green neon were talking about or the early 1990's teal that was cool for about a year. Orange is a stylish color that is now on some chrysler cars (neon and pt cruiser) as well as ford (focus) and I like it on them. It will be interesting to see the sales statistics after a year of sales. Could be I am 22. Maybe I am the target market for that color?
I too like the orange. Funny cause a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gen just can't wear orange. It really works on the 6th gen, especially with some blacked out windows!
Old 02-12-2003, 05:52 PM

That Orange color is the most ugliest thing i have ever seen on a car next to those neon green colors that blind you even in the dead of night. As for that "option to upgrade" to the brunt orange leather seats.. hahaha no way in hell im "upgrading" to that.

The people at nissan better offer grey or black interior color for the 4 seat option package or im seriously not getting the new maxima.

And hopefully they use high quality paint, unlike the paint they used on the altimas and some maximas...they peel off like poop in the so cali sun =X
Old 02-16-2003, 09:07 PM

Re: Why is nissan bringing the ugly burnt orange 6th gen to the auto shows ?

The reason they're using burnt orange is because they know it's the school color of the best University in the nation. Duh!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
Old 02-26-2003, 03:02 PM

yo, the orange is HOTT!!!

come on, you cant deny orange is the best color. it looks real nice on the 04 max. if i do say so myself

GO ORANGEMEN! Sorry but 'Cuse is the best University.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:31 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Re: Why is nissan bringing the ugly burnt orange 6th gen to the auto shows ?

Originally posted by dougb
I went to the auto show on Sat to look at the new max and this is the only one that they had there. That color does absolutely nothing for the Max.
Seems that Nissan, and even Infiniti are using that color on thier cars nowadays, I saw that color on the 350Z, Murano, '04 Max, and even the upcoming Infiniti FX-45 at the Detroit auto show in Jan., only car IMO that the "orange" color does any decent justice on is the 350Z, otherwise Nissan is once again wasting $$ on stupid things like that orange color and that ridiculous skyview roof.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:35 PM

r u ****ing joking?

Originally posted by 2002Maxxxima

I too like the orange. Funny cause a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th gen just can't wear orange. It really works on the 6th gen, especially with some blacked out windows!