6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What was MT thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 11:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

What was MT thinking?

Okay, maybe just me, but it seems Motor Trend picked the ugliest 6th gen to use for it's first test- Come on now, it was almost Sunkist orange on orange, why set it up to fail? I would love to see a black/black. I loved the Elite Package, but wouldn't get it for the "Just-in-case" reasons (just in case I have to haul 5). And the skyview roof? Hmm, nice touch, seperates from the Altima, but standard feature? I don't think I'd want it. Just my opinion, next time I think it should be a black/black Max against a orange/orange Audi, winner - MAX! - Tucker
Old 02-21-2003, 05:00 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Have you ever seen or heard a commercial that was so stupid with over-enthusiastic voices and fake personalities that you couldn't even watch it and you had to change the channel? Even if it's 6 months later, you'll still remember that commercial and how stupid it was, along with the PRODUCT that was being ADVERTISED.

It's called brand recognition.

Lots of folks will probably think that this orange color is ugly and stupid, but when you're paging through the magazine it catches your eyes. Even if you think it's ugly, if 6 months later you're looking for a car, you'll remember that UGLY ORANGE Nissan Maxima and maybe wonder what other colors they had

Nissan doesn't care if you think it's ugly. You'll remember that "ugly orange NISSAN MAXIMA". They don't care about the ugly or orange part. Only that you remembered what car it was and that you're now considering it. VICTORY!
Old 02-22-2003, 07:47 PM

MT didn't necessarily pick the color either. (so don't judge them )
Old 02-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Soul Fly

hollywood will be hollywood

Old 02-26-2003, 11:09 AM

"Can you hear me now? Good."
Old 03-16-2003, 09:14 AM

ur very knowledgeable about marketing...now tell me how to get rid of all those ****ing marketing execs!

Originally posted by SteVTEC
Have you ever seen or heard a commercial that was so stupid with over-enthusiastic voices and fake personalities that you couldn't even watch it and you had to change the channel? Even if it's 6 months later, you'll still remember that commercial and how stupid it was, along with the PRODUCT that was being ADVERTISED.

It's called brand recognition.

Lots of folks will probably think that this orange color is ugly and stupid, but when you're paging through the magazine it catches your eyes. Even if you think it's ugly, if 6 months later you're looking for a car, you'll remember that UGLY ORANGE Nissan Maxima and maybe wonder what other colors they had

Nissan doesn't care if you think it's ugly. You'll remember that "ugly orange NISSAN MAXIMA". They don't care about the ugly or orange part. Only that you remembered what car it was and that you're now considering it. VICTORY!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:18 AM

Speaking od dumb commercials......

Originally posted by SteVTEC

VICTORY!
Last years Maxima commercials were great: Peeling paint on the a Max at high speed was a good one.

But.....
I can't figure out what the heck Nissan is selling in their new commercials. They don't even show the car!
Old 03-17-2003, 05:09 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Re: Speaking od dumb commercials......

Originally posted by Bgohan
Last years Maxima commercials were great: Peeling paint on the a Max at high speed was a good one.

But.....
I can't figure out what the heck Nissan is selling in their new commercials. They don't even show the car!
They're trying to hypnotize you and get you to come to the dealership. If they show you everything then it will satisfy all your curiosity and you won't stop by.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:47 AM
¿Hablas Español?

But.....
My guess is that they're not thinking and that they don't learn from their mistakes. Nissan made the same goof when they introduced Infinity to the USA - waterfalls, rocks, wind through trees and blah blah blah but no car. It killed the launch of the vehicles and let Lexus take an immediate and massive lead in that market segment.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:04 PM

Re: Re: Speaking od dumb commercials......

Originally posted by joaquink

My guess is that they're not thinking and that they don't learn from their mistakes. Nissan made the same goof when they introduced Infinity to the USA - waterfalls, rocks, wind through trees and blah blah blah but no car. It killed the launch of the vehicles and let Lexus take an immediate and massive lead in that market segment.
I disagree, though it may have ticked off a few people, it certainly didn't affect sales in the long run! How could that be possible? Are you saying that if Infiniti in head to head comparisons to Lexus were judged to be better, then no one would take notice? Are people (North Americans) so dumb, so shallow? NO. Lexus beat Infiniti in sales 'cause their cars are luxo boats (and they perceived better Toyota quality)& hit their target audience right between the eyes . Infiniti went for a more agressive automotive line & paid the price, which is not an entirely bad thing. Enthusiasts loved the Q45 compared to the LS400.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:55 AM

True but until the 2003 G35, Infiniti took what 13 years to get the enthusiasts buyer's attention?
Old 03-19-2003, 07:41 AM

But.....

Cant get Nissan for false advertisement, the paint really does peel and chip and knick easliy, and fade...
Old 03-19-2003, 10:54 AM
vqman

Originally posted by Bgohan Last years Maxima commercials were great: Peeling paint on the a Max at high speed was a good one.
[sarcasm]oh no! Nissan can claim that they advertised that their cars chipped paint, so we may not win the paint law-suit, but we still might win the HP lawsuit...[/sarcasam]

-vq